1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins: NFL draft nuggets

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 19, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Miami Dolphins: NFL draft nuggets
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Amazing. People get paid for this. Sergio Kindle? Joe Haden?

3. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    a special talent is a special talent .... and in this list there are 3

Berry, Bryant and Spiller ..... i just don't see anyone else on this list worthy of #12

There isn't a chance Berry is there ... i don't see it likely we would go with Spiller, but it wouldn't be shocking; and a WR in rd 1 isn't a 'normal' Parcells type pick .... but then again --- special talent is just that .... it's hard to pass up.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I would add E. Thomas and also OLBs Graham and Morgan. I Have Hughes as a half step below those OLBs.

IMO Berry tops the list but he won't be there, so the list will be Bryant, Thomas/Graham/Morgan with Spiller in there somewhere. My preference would be Bryant and if he's not there E. Thomas.

5. PHINANALYST

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i think Boom remarked that Morgan did not have a good pro day ....

Graham is a solid pick - and probably highest on our list of OLBs ..... but i wouldn't pick him at 12 - i'd trade down and could still likely get him at 20.

Thomas is not Berry .... so i would really have to think about whether to pull the trigger or not at 12 for him. i'd probably still trade down to ~ 20 and take my chances and pick up another late 2d / early 3d in the process ... i would have to think about it a bit, but its not the same as Berry, Bryant or Spiller sitting there.

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Morgan was bad in space, but I think what they want is a guy who is stout against the run there. He wouldn't be my pick, that's why he wasn't on my list, but I think there's a strong possibility he's on theirs.

Graham is the top OLB on my list. I think he's stout against the run, can pressure the passer and can play in space. IMO he's the only OLB on that list that can do all three well.

I agree that Thomas is not Berry, but IMO Thomas is still very good. I don't think the chances of finding a partner to trade down with are very high. In fact, I think the odds are better that Berry drops and there's probably less than a 3% chance of that.

So we're probably stuck with picking at #12. Per McShay, there's a "good chance" that Bryant makes it to #12. I also think that Spiller may go to Seattle. If so, then I would be deciding between Bryant, E. Thomas and Graham at #12.

7. PHINANALYST

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    Raph, agree with all .... except, i do believe we won't have a problem trading down a few spaces .... 10-15 remains a pretty popular area to pick.

my brain tells me that none of Berry, Bryant or Spiller will still be there at 12 .... the only question is the ease of signability of Bryant, after the shenanaghans last year. Equally, at least you know up front what you are looking at if you pick him .... add 5% to Crabtrees contract (this is at 12) ...

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Derrick Morgan is a better overall prospect but Brandon Graham is more appropriate for the Dolphins at OLB. Definitely.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  9. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008

If Graham were 2 inches taller I think that a lot of draft questions about him would disappear. Dude is a player, plain and simple. When I was watching Lamar Woodley school the Miami OL last year being 6-1 versus 6-3 didn't seem to matter a whole lot. But then again, the FO has thier size prototypes. I'll put it this way: between Graham and JPP I'm taking Graham. Maybe Graham doesn't have quite the upside, but what's more important, that or the risk of spending a high pick on a releatively unknown quantity?

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Well he is referencing McShay. Is there anything else to be said really? :no:

11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Why exactly?

12. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    And no mention of Jason Pierre Paul who will actually be the pick. :(

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Oh look...Jermaine Gresham made that list...

What drive me batty is the Dan Williams at #12 stuff, we can disagree about Bryant, Gresham, Graham whomever...but..Dan Williams?

That is just nonsensical, the #12 pick will wind up with the same contract no matter if they play Wr or NT (more or less) so why take the plowhorse when there are thoroughbreds available...for the same money and resource?

Boik14 likes this.
  14. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I believe you've mentioned Everson Griffen in the past. Have you, Boomer or Con written anything on him? Perhaps his chances of playing OLB?

15. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Im in total agreement with you on Williams. I think the dude's a bum and going to continue to be a bum once he gets paid. Im praying Barfalo takes him. :pray: