Miami Dolphins re-sign John Nalbone to practice squad

17 replies

dolfan7171dolfan7171New MemberOP
Nov 3, 2009, 06:52 PM

I wonder if he will be available to help with special teams?

Nalbone was waived on Saturday to make room for veteran linebacker Matt Roth, who was activated off the reserve/non-football injury list. Roth made his season debut Sunday at the New York Jets and produced one first-quarter tackle after missing three months with a groin injury.

Click here to read more...http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dfl-dolphins-john-nalbone-110309,0,504875.story?track=rss

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

MiguelMiguelNew Member
Nov 3, 2009, 06:55 PM

As Far as i WAS concerned he was a waste of pick thinking Fasano was the Man.Unfortunatley i was DEAD wrong..

Play him NOW

Props to GISH for the Awesome Sig thanks bro:up:

TiP54TiP54New Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:08 PM

"Miguel wrote:

As Far as i WAS concerned he was a waste of pick thinking Fasano was the Man.Unfortunatley i was DEAD wrong..

Play him NOW

Im sure if he was ready, they would play him.
Obviously he is not.
lol

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:34 PM

Do you think that if he was activated that he would play well if given the opportunity?

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

TiP54TiP54New Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:39 PM

"dolfan7171 wrote:

Do you think that if he was activated that he would play well if given the opportunity?

I have no clue.
I did not see enough of him in preseason to make any kind of objective opinion. So answering yes or no would be talking out of my ass.

MiguelMiguelNew Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:39 PM

"dolfan7171 wrote:

Do you think that if he was activated that he would play well if given the opportunity?

Cant be worse than Anhtony fumbleano

I mean Fasfumble

Danm it F-A-S-A-N-O

Props to GISH for the Awesome Sig thanks bro:up:

TiP54TiP54New Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:45 PM

"Miguel wrote:

Cant be worse than Anhtony fumbleano

I mean Fasfumble

Danm it F-A-S-A-N-O

Fasano hasn't fumbled since week 1.

MiguelMiguelNew Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:51 PM

:pity:

"Mari0k wrote:

Fasano hasn't fumbled since week 1.

Anthony Fasano

ANthony Dropsies Fasano???

Anthony only here to block not catch Fasano

Anthony i fumbled twice but still had a decent Game against the ALT Fasano

Those good enough for you

:pity:

Props to GISH for the Awesome Sig thanks bro:up:

TheDonTheDonNew Member
Nov 3, 2009, 07:59 PM

Say what you want about Fasano he has been great in the blocking game this year. I think the loss of Martin has exposed him as being a second rating receiving TE but he still carries a lot of value on our offence. (IMHO) we should try to snag the TE out of BYU Dennis Pitta. If he's still on the board late 4th early 5th he would be a steal. I don't foresee Haynos or Nalbone ever being anything more then solid bench players at best. We also have that kid we got off of the Chargers PS but I have no clue what is deal is.

The kid from BYU has the potential to be a Witten/Gates/Clark type receiving TE (IMO) and that will only help Henne and make whatever receivers we have better.

TiP54TiP54New Member
Nov 3, 2009, 08:00 PM

"Miguel wrote:

:pity:

Anthony Fasano

ANthony Dropsies Fasano???

Anthony only here to block not catch Fasano

Anthony i fumbled twice but still had a decent Game against the ALT Fasano

Those good enough for you

:pity:

Did I ever jump in and defend him?
They way you went about it, as if he fumbled every time he got the ball. I pointed out that he has fumbled twice all season, and not once after week 1.
If you gonna rip on Fasano for dropsies and fumbles, go ahead and rip Bess then.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Nov 3, 2009, 08:16 PM

"dolfan7171 wrote:

Do you think that if he was activated that he would play well if given the opportunity?

I don't see it. This regime doesn't care about draft status, they care about how you perform in practice. That's why you see late round picks like Chris Clemons and Donald Thomas being given the opportunity to start, and providing they play well, contribute.

Considering how woefully thin we are at TE with the maligned Anthony Fasano and converted tackle Joey Haynos on the roster, it says a lot about where Nalbone is in the development process that we released him to activate Matt Roth.

This is a team that has really missed David Martin, and if Nalbone was ready to step in and contribute he wouldn't have been cut in the first place. That's not to say he can't get better on the PS and possibly get activated later, I just think it's unlikely given the circumstances we've seen unfold this year.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Nov 3, 2009, 08:21 PM

imo it shows how raw/not that good nalbone is......if he cant even be activated with our far-below average tighend play.

MiguelMiguelNew Member
Nov 3, 2009, 08:33 PM

"Mari0k wrote:

Did I ever jump in and defend him?
They way you went about it, as if he fumbled every time he got the ball. I pointed out that he has fumbled twice all season, and not once after week 1.
If you gonna rip on Fasano for dropsies and fumbles, go ahead and rip Bess then.

Nah i got better things to do besides i think he is an awesome Blocker Plus i know him personally and rip on him all the time:up:

Props to GISH for the Awesome Sig thanks bro:up:

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Nov 3, 2009, 08:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the plan was from day one to have Nalbone sit the first year, learn technique, reshape the body and do weight training. He's one of these picks we won't really know if it was worth it until next year. I dont think he was physically ready to play NFL ball this year and I'm pretty sure that was understood by the coaching staff. Wait till next year to make judgements on the pick. Personally I wasnt crazy about it but who knows, sometimes these rolls of the dice work out



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Nov 3, 2009, 09:04 PM

You put your right foot in,
You take your right foot out.....

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Nov 4, 2009, 09:21 AM

they are focusing on who can help the team right now ... and they drafted Nalbone as a known project, fully expected him to end up on the PS (as long as someone else didn't pick him up).

the ones we need to step it up are: Wake, Clemons, and Turner ... Clemons is at least seeing time now, we need the other 2 ...

gunn34gunn34New Member
Nov 4, 2009, 09:43 AM

Wake looks good when he's been given the opportunity to play. It's just hard getting him on the field.

Nov 4, 2009, 02:44 PM

Aaron Hernandez anyone?

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.