1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins staff not wasting time

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Styla, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/654192.html

Nice read :up:

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Excellent!! :up: Hail to Sparano!!!

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    In Sparano we trust

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I find it interesting that he mentions Ayodele but not Torbor. Some say Torbor has looked better than Ayodele and Torbor was the leading candidate to start opposite of Crowder in the off-season. He was actually ahead of Ayodele for a period. One thing for sure is that he doesn't mess around and if he doesn't like how your doing, your gone.

In the article, they mention that we have 70 guys on our roster right now and teasm are yet to cut down theirs to the 75. I'm interested to see what guys they bring in.

Good read.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think this philosophy of cutting players early is advantageous on a lot of levels, its creating more reps for people that are going to be here, its creating a sense of unity with the smaller squad, its a statement and testament to them that the regime is not going to bring in just bodies, they will be important additions and will have to mesh with the already unified team we have.

mullingan likes this.
  6. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    The Front Office is really setting a tone for how the PHINS are going to operate. On and off the field. Love it!

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

This is a rather different tone than most teams, particularly those whose last years' resume was 1-15...but they must feel comfortable with the moves/lack of moves or we'll see a slew of guys picked up shortly...

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    exactly what im thinking. We got rid of Kircus already, he wasnt showing enough I guess. Dropping him now, leaves more practice and game time for evaluation of Camarillo/Bess/Armstrong. I wouldnt be surprised if one of them 3 is gone next week. No sense in keeping a body here once the staff deems they have seen enough. give the time to the younger guys, let them get more experience, and let them bond with the rest of the team.

9. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Wonder if future FA's find the Dolphins practice of not delaying the inevitable desirable, I know if I'm on a team that has already decided I don't fit into their plans the best thing they could do is waste no time and release me giving me more time to hitch on with another team where I might not get that chance if the team kept me around till the 4th week, when it might be harder for me to sign with another team.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    This is great, they wont let their ego get in the way of sound decisions like some previous coaches have. In the past there have been players that they hung onto far to long because they didn't want to acknowledge that player was a mistake.