1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Team Effort

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    There are many threads and posts taking shots at coaches and players. No problem, that is part of what fans do.

My question is if anyone believes that our coaches and players are not giving everything they have, in the way of effort, to win games for themselves, as well as us?

The reason I ask is that I always thought if anyone, in any walk of life, does whatever they could to do the best job they could, they should be commended.

Granted that their best job may not be good enough. That was something to address when they could be replaced, like in the off season in football.

Picking on them, as long as they were giving their very best effort, and you could not replace them, seemed somewhat pointless to me.

Now, if they were not giving the effort, they should be ripped to shreds, and fired regardless the consequence.

Do we have any of those type players or coaches?

2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My impression is that the team is still working hard. I think that's a positive reflection on Sparano. How he handles the obvious problems between the offensive players and Henning will play a big factor on if that continues going forward.

3. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I agree that the players like Sparano and appreciate his hard work and dedication.

That won't give him any free passes from the players if he doesn't get the offensive situation resolved. Much like he had to make the special teams coaching change , if he doesn't for the offensive philosophy/coaching , the resentment focuses on him.

4. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    This coaching staff have lost the players IMHO. I don't see their best effort out there, and haven't for some time.

5. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I've seen a number of analyst commenting on the effort this team gives, and everything was overly positive.

I agree. The handling of the O is going to be difficult. I do believe Sparano will handle it. I just do not know with which players. He is an offspring of Tuna, and will not take the BS.

6. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    You must have been watching different games than me.

7. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I'm referring to our guys on offense, who appear to be in complete disarray right now.

8. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Disarray? Yes. Effort? No. BIG difference.

9. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I believe we have a little of both. I can't really say who exactly but I feel we have some players and coaches who give 110% of their effort. Then there are some that needs to be fired or released or what have you. Mainly because they don't give their all until someone gets in their faces about it. Those kinds of people I don't want on the team. I rather have a team that plays to the best of their ability and lose than have a team that doesn't play for 60 minutes and win. I like to win as much as anyone but I don't want to win with a team that doesn't really want to play. Know what I mean?

10. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Against my better judgement I decided to watch the Bears game again. I have to admit I indeed saw some players acting lazy and taking plays off. Other players ( Wake,Dansby and a few others) gave it their all on every play. I`m still not convinced all is lost,but that particular showing had me thinking if Sparano gets through to his players on a consistent basis. I like Sparano so I`d like to think all is well. I guess we`ll find out soon enough.

11. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Well by definition, yes. But I don't see how you can equate effort with all the mental errors, and lack of execution. I'm not calling out all of them, but this lack of focus has to be on the coaches IMHO (ie. they are losing the team).

12. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I've noticed it in their body language too. Just walking back to the huddle after a play for some looked like a huge effort. Last time I saw that was with Ricky, the season before he quit.

13. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Good post. I have not yet watched the replay, need a case of Guinness. Which players are we talking about? It would save me some time.

14. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    for the most part i have been happy with the effort. there have been a couple of games however i wasnt. overall i give it a grade of B

15. jason8er

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Now we are taking.

Might want to switch to Bell's Expedition Stout for this one though. You'll need it. It's over 10% ABV. :wink2:

16. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Effort can easily equate with mental errors, and lack of execution. Remember that half our team starters are under 25. The game has not yet slowed down for many. Sometime they try too hard. That is far from the coaches fault.

What is a coach to say? Try your best but, do so without going overboard and making a mistake.

17. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I've been watching each game at least twice, and have not seen a lack of effort. Which games and/or players are we talking about?

18. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    OK, got me with the Bell's, which I will try. However, did not answer which players?

19. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Starks,for one, seemed like his head wasnt into it. I dont know what to make of Sapp,either he`s just not that good or what, but he seems to be out of place at times. Even, V. Davis seemed a bit slow to react at times (other than that endzone play). R.Brown, even though he`s not getting the carries he used to get,seems like he lost that burst through the hole he used to have.Is it lack of effort or diminishing skills? But then again theres not many "holes"to burst through in the first place. Which leads me to the OL..........( need I say more?)

20. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I see a lot of lack of knowledge and experience on this team's players. NOT a lack of effort.

As to the coaches, there is no one here who would come close to putting in the hours they do to try to win.

21. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    I would recommend "Sink the Bismarck" with it's crazy 41% ABV. Yea, that was not a mistype, forty one percent alcohol by volume.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    WAY too bitter.