1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Team Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/notes.htm

PLAYER NOTES
    —OLB Matt Roth, activated for his first game of the season after being out with a groin injury, relieved Jason Taylor and looked frisky with one tackle in about 13 snaps.
    —QB Pat White isn't getting much action in the Wildcat package since being promoted to backup quarterback because coach Tony Sparano is worried he could get hurt.
    —WR Patrick Turner, who has been inactive all season, is progressing in practice and is close to getting into games, according to coach Tony Sparano.
    —WR Davone Bess fumbled away a punt and dropped a pass, but Sparano said despite Ted Ginn's success as a kick returner this week, he won't take Bess' punt-returning chores yet.
    —DT Paul Soliai had his best game of his three-year career with a career-high six tackles, a pass blocked and a huge forced fumble — his first — that Jason Taylor ran back for a 48-yard TD. Soliai had five tackles all season.

fins1, TheAnswer385, Clipse and 11 others like this.
  2. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    What I like with this new leadership structure we have.

Player development is happening with nearly all of our Draft picks. We have solid core of Veterans with a whole bunch of young guys learning, and waiting in the wings for the opportunity to play.

Yes we are only 3-4. Yes we should or could easily be 5-2. This team is putting up points, exciting to watch and I think even analysts Like Collinsworth on Inside the NFL have commented on how tough this team is.

The record doesn't indicate what's taking place behind the scene with development of players. Is it me or doesn't it seem like we are sooo close to being elite? If only we could get a player at the WR or TE position to make big plays in the clutch. That's not coaching that's executing and making plays.

Even player personnel decisions made by Saban/Mueller and Cameron are showing promise. I really believe that we will have a very solid product on the field for the next several years. That are results of 5 years of some decent decisions (with a few obvious exceptions).

Our O-line is tough, we have 2 young stud D-ends, and some solid young DB's and a few young linebackers and Safeties. Mark it down, we are on the cusp of greatness, and the rest of the NFL knows this.

fins1, dolfan7171 and CashInFist like this.
  3. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    :no:

SORRY BUT YOU LOST ME WITH THAT STATEMENT

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    if hes worried about pat being hurt.....then why not do like they did with henne/pennington/pat?

have pat be the emergency #3....and let tyler run the wildcat formations?

5. Madden_Commissioner

Madden_Commissioner New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    What kind of defense do the Dolphins play? I thought it would be 3-4 D, but it suprises me how Soliali did with tackles.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    we actually used some 4-3 on Sunday

7. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    Roth will help our run D, and give JT/JP some much needed rest during games

White just needs to be inactive, not sure why they use the spot to keep him active on game day ... unless it is some sort of gamesmanship by the FO.

Soliai played very, very well .... i hope this game was his springboard ... i did see a bit of Sapp in him last weekend

Bess could be in danger, and just get swapped out for Turner - and give the PR duties to Ginn ... honestly though, i don't see Ginn as a very successful PR, as he doesn't have that 10-20 yard buffer before he gets slammed ... so he can't 'run scarred to daylight' which is what makes him so dangerous as a KR.

Wake also needs to see the field more on passing downs ... it seems they prefer JT and JP here, but i didn't see much from JT when they dropped him into coverage - and his little chuck attempts at the TE were pathetic and accomplished nothing.