1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins upset with Matt Roth

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinSane, Aug 21, 2009.

1. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/1195724.html

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I would have never guessed Matt Roth would be the one to be in the dog house.
    I was expecting a good season from him, too.

ATVZ400, calphin, anlgp and 1 other person like this.
  3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    its a shame.

4. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    It's a freakin mystery is what it is....

I mean the guy is in a contract year, he'd be crazy to just be playin games with the Fins FO right now. Especially with the whole NFL watching. This situation has been strange from the beginning and nothing has changed...

5. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

A clear message here. Just like the Green cut. You mess with the "FO" and you get the horns. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall for the private talks between Roth and management.

calphin, anlgp, gunn34 and 1 other person like this.
  6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Makes me sick, I really expected big things from Roth this year, now he'll be lucky not to get cut? Really sad.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i as well was expecting big things from matt this season. but he has no one to blame but himself.....

this is one of very few front offices you dont wanna burn....cause as eric green will tell you, you will be a street FA before you wake up the next day.

If roth stays a dolphin.......he will probably be traded IMO. enless he lights it up......but will still probably be traded :lol:

This sucks big time. i wanted to see how roth did with another year under his belt at OLB. sigh........thank god for jason taylor eh?

calphin likes this.
  8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

What a shock...Bill is upset with an injured player ?? Why that's never happened before, has it.....??? C'mon, whether this is a contract issue or an injury the Trifecta won't be happy about it...period...Talk about your Capt. Obvious reports....

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

He could be traded, if this turns out to not be an injury issue, but a contractural issue (which seems more and more likely as time goes on). He can also be put on the PUP list and delay any movement until 6 weeks into the season. I see him being put on the IR or PUP before they release him. He's in a precarious situation with the CBA issues. He's one of the guys that will not be a FA next season because of the change in the last year of the CBA. He becomes a RFA and can only deal with the Fins. They have the edge right now, if in fact this 'injury' is due to the contractural situation...

10. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I dont think we are being told the whole story.There may be some contract issues that are not being talked about and that certainly would create some bad feelings at this stage of the process.

late again and Conuficus like this.
  11. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    This is a really weird issue. He obviously could pass the conditioning test 25 practices into camp. So what is it? If it's and injury you figured the would make an estimate on his return. Which they don't seem to be willing to do. Also if it was a contract dispute why would Roth even be in camp?

This is just weird. He must have boinked a coaches daughter or something :)

12. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I hate when the business end of the NFL steps on the toes of the actual playing.

13. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Maybe he won't push himself until he's 100% healthy because he knows this is a contract year and wants to be at his best.

14. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The fact that Cam Wake is better fundamentally against the run than most realized, my included, probably hasn't made the FO feel the need to hitch their wagon solely to Roth. The level of play from his position mates may very well be factoring into this situation as well.

The Aqua Crush and SICK like this.
  15. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't think this has anything to do with a contract. The guy is injured.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    if he's not up to it he won't play
    fortuantely, we are deep @ OLB

17. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I am a bit torn on this. One the one hand, I like Roth and I've been rooting for him to step up and live up to the expectations we had when he was drafted. But on the other hand...he really hasn't. And if the FO loses patience and gets rid of him, that would be a shame, but I don't doubt he can be replaced.

18. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i agree with you man. you do NOT sign medical waivers for ANY profession unless you know DAMN WELL THAT YOU CLEAR THEM. It's just bad to get yourself in like that. Especially when you're one of few who plays a game for high dollar paychecks.

I too wanted to see how he progressed I think he had the strength to at least man up to the tackles if not get by a few of them on blitzes eventually once he learned the position more and now.. he's gone probably sooner rather than later.

With 31 other teams (some of them needing OLB/DE) he couldn't have picked a worse time to be irresponsible.

To his credit, maybe it wasn't bothering him the time he signed the waiver but A) I highly doubt it and B) even if you have a shred of doubt knowing the circumstances (contract year, etc) wouldn't you make sure that some top brass knew about it before signing?

:pity:

Just a sad situation all the way around. Was expecting improvements from him..

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    We do not know the entire story. We read an article that had nothing but rumors. The article could be entirely true or it could be complete BS.

Myself I am going to wait till I read or hear something from the horses mouth or actually see some action that states that Miami is really upset with Roth.

How Roth carried himself his entire career from college till now, him sitting out just to sit out doesn't make sense.

20. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I agree with Derek, I doubt we really have idea what is actually going on with this.

It is an abnormal situation and any number of things could be causing it. This is when reporters often come out of the woodwork to start speculations ech hoping and praying to "Crack the code"

21. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

well he had to sign medical waivers to play and he signed them and all of a sudden now he's hurt?

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Still jumping to conclusions my friend. There have been many times in my life where I saw all of the signs point to one thing and it turned out to be completely the opposite.

23. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I agree, I think that people are just making this into an issue...

Stringer Bell likes this.
  24. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    You would figure that if Roth were tugging the front office's chain, there would be some disciplinary action taken.

If anything, its most likely the front office just playing games with reporting injuries.

25. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    And you Stringer may have just cracked the code.

I bet at the end of the day, Roth is in the Hot-tub, parsnips and Sparano are standing nearby and they are all shootin the **** and laughing about the garbage the media sometimes spews

As I think Mat said, if indeed Roth was playing financial games with THIS FO, he would've already been shown the door

26. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    When Bill Parcells starts thinking about your groin...its time to start looking for another SOLB.