1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Yahoo Team Report 3-28-2010

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Mar 28, 2010.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I find that hard to believe.

Bpk likes this.
  2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    So do I, which is why I don't believe it at all. It's a combination of Sparano never saying anything bad about his players and a mediocre attempt at a draft smokescreen, IMO.

djphinfan and Bpk like this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

- I call bull-**** on the Anderson and Wake too.

- Would like to see us get a 5th for Smiley. In a talent-deep draft consider that as good as a mid-4th in some years.

- "The Miami Bengals" That comparison makes me ill.

- Sparano clarified that Pat White and Tyler Thigpen are battling it out for the #2QB spot, but what I want him to clarify is what happens to the man who loses that battle.

- The real reason Ross wants those games moved from 1pm to 4pm is that those are the bigger network audiences, higher exposure and higher ad revenue/profile games. Crap teams are buried at 1pm most of their schedule. Good teams are highlighted at 4pm frequently. Ross is using the weather as an excuse to backdoor the league and networks a bit, I think. Smart, if you ask me. We need more national exposure.

- Why do people keep having to tiptoe around having negative opinions about Tim Tebow. Why is it impermissible to critique him openly without having to backtrack or be criticized heavily? Sure he's a hero of the NCAA. Sure he's a great kid. But why the hell can;t people speak their minds and tell the truth about him, from their point of view. It's borderline thought-police, it seems. What, does he have mob ties or something?? is "La Famiglia" protecting him?? I don't get it. Let's do an experiment. "Tim Tebow has a high bust-ability factor. He isn;t used to NFL throws or offenses and doesn;t look like he can change those wacky mechanics enough to make me think he'll be a starting NFL QB." Now I wait for the knock on the door.

- I wonder if someone doesn;t take gamble on Quentin Moses, netting us another 3rd.

- Nate Jones, UFA, signed with the Broncos, yet on Friday was on Kitchen Nightmares on FOX, cooking pizzas as a Miami Dolphin! Guess it was taped awhile ago. lol.

-

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

btw, as much as I LOVE your sig pic... that is no longer 'now', technically.

just sayin'. ;)

5. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    "Believe in Then" isn't as catchy. :lol:

There's always "In Brady We Distrust" but why limit myself?

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think its smart by Ross as well, there's just a different vibe in that stadium at 4, and He's right about the 1 oclock heat, there noone in the stands, it drains them and they sit on their ***..4 oclock's different.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Because the extent of Tebow's success at the college level speaks for itself. He's got plenty of things he needs to work on, but to borrow the phrase applied to Vince Young when he came out, "he just wins games." Note that there's little criticism of Vince Young as well, either as a college or a pro player, even though Young isn't exactly an NFL-leading QB.

Results speak volumes.

8. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    as of right now they are our two best OLB so if the season started today they would be starting

Edit: sorry i read the quote wrong

9. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I found this quote very interesting...

cobrajet likes this.
  10. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I found it ignorant. Having a split backfield means players recovering from injuries have a better time. If Ronnie, Ricky, or Cobbs can't go for one reason or another, we have Hilliard and Sheets. Henning also doesn't mind calling Polite's number a few times.

RB is the deepest position on this team.

CashInFist likes this.
  11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    we don't have a front runner if RB goes down ... as much as i appreciate RW -- he can't shoulder the burden for a long period of time. so yes, it is a slight concern. enough to spend a 1-2 rd pick on ... that i doubt.

12. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    The quote was interesting in the sense that they don't understand the depth, multi-function and rotation of our backfield.

Our RB position doesn't revolve around the legs of one individual and to me it was interesting that the author cannot seem to think far enough out of the box to get it.

Think this year will be a break out year for Lex Hillard, if they give him the play time. (that he deserves)

cobrajet likes this.
  13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I do not agree with this at all. Most games are at 1pm. In a given NFL sunday there are around 12 games on sunday and on average 8 of them will be at 1pm. It is rare to have 5 games on at 4pm.

The games that they have on 4pm at generally the west coast games. Teams like the Raiders, Seahawks, 49ers, Rams and the Cardinals.

One thing to notice about the teams that I used as an example is that they are all generally not that great team. It is actually rare that there are more than one good game to watch at 4pm.

cobrajet likes this.
  14. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    While I agree with the 'Dol-Fan Dupree' post I do see a little logic in some 4pm games. The fact that
    is a good thing for us because we have less viewership competition on that time slot and we will get more people watching. That means we can charge more for advertising and make more revenue.

Also we must remember that they play in southern Florida and 1pm games can be miserably hot on the fans. It is possible that Ross is thinking about moving the games to 4pm for that reason too. No one wants to sit in the hot sun and watch a football game, when they'd rather be at the beach. Remember, Ross is a Miami native and may understated the local mentality better than we think.

A 4pm start this may solve the problem of the 'fun in the sun' syndrome and provide more sellouts. More sellouts means more fans, and more fans means a better home field advantage.

Another potential advantage of a 4pm start would be knowing the outcome of the AFC East games before we play. That might really motivate the team.

I am not suggesting that the 4pm game experiment will work, but I have to give Ross a lot of credit. He is always thinking of new things and new ways to profit. (Dare I say that he reminds me of a young Jerry Jones without getting booed of the board?)

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Myself I wouldn't mind since I watch the games at a bar and it would be nice to have more games at 1pm(since I am pacific time zone).

16. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    uh...really?

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ross turned that morgue of a stadium into the best atmosphere its ever seen, a few times last year, in big games..The entertainment angle he used for ownership worked, bigtime.