1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Heat = Washington Redskins?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Before the Heat lovers go bizark its actually a very honest comparison.

I loved it when Dan Snyder brought in every high priced FA Pro Bowler he could only to watch those teams be average and him to be ridiculed. You could say that while it is very early in the season the Miami Heat are walking on the same block as those Redskins teams and dont look much like a lock to win didley poo come June.

To me this is the Karma police coming to get these players/owners who forgot that real teams and dynasties are built within strong organazations with good coaching and even better team play. As much as I hate the Pats lets be honest, that team is filled with guys nobody wanted on offense yet they are on top of the league offensively. They didnt have a devine plan to have T.O, Moss, and Vincent Jackson play WR for them they opted for players that fit the scheme wich is bigger than the talent.

The reality is that you cant buy or "scheme" some plan up to win titles you have to play the game the right way if you want to hoist that trophy at the end of the year. :up:

Trowa likes this.
  2. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    The Marlins did. Well they did for one title.

3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Would the Heat get respect if this unfolded in any other way?

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    No, they likley would not. But thats the kind of burden that comes with having the "big three"....your in an all or nothing predictament.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I know you didn’t type this with a straight face.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Still early and I think they will be fine IMO.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't think it's an apt comparison because the two sports are completely different. Besides, the Celtics won a title doing the exact same thing. The Lakers don't win two in a row without adding Gasol and then acquiring Ron Artest.

It's actually more rare nowadays in the NBA for a team to win with homegrown talent. When's the last time San Antonio won a title? Does it look as though they'll win another anytime soon?

If the Heat win a title this year, will we compare them to the Yankees? How about Red Sox? How about the Detroit Red Wings when they did it? And the already mentioned Celtics.

It's way too early to tell with the Heat. They aren't even running plays right now. Think about that. They're literally NOT running plays. It's LeBron or Wade ISO, driving to the hoop and either drawing contact or kicking out.

SICK and Desides like this.
  8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The only burden is making the league money.

If the Heat come out and win 70 games, and cruise to a title, then they're just a team that essentially cheated and stacked the deck.

If the Heat struggle, then overcome their struggles, they'll be respected because they won not because of superior talent, but because they figured out how to become a team.

9. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    LOL!

14 games in and the haters jump the gun on their celebration. Might as well guys. Enjoy it now.

Bulls first championship team started 8-6, Heat championship team started 11-10. meaning..the regular season does not matter in the end. The Heat is 1.5 games back from the #1 seed. Chew on that. Then realize how silly and premature this is.

10. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    What I want to know is this...

Are the Celtics done?

They have lost to Cleveland without Lebron, OKC without Durant and Toronto without Chris Bosh. I mean...it's over for them. Garnett had 2 rebounds the other night. Pierce shot 4 for 20. Both Oneals look to be injured.

I mean..pack it up guys.

So in the final analysis...

Boston Celtics = Miami Dolphins?

11. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    time will tell. So far not going as planned. The heat have 3 all star players but they lack a inside presence. Erica at least will give them a banger down low for 20min. The loss of udonis is gonna really hurt this team. You lose a rebounder to pick up a rebounder.

12. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    LOL.

I guess no going after the Lakers consecutative win streak or the Bulls most win a season record like I've heard some heat fans harp about.

13. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I told you....that is something for NEXT season and beyond.

14. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    BTW, it seems to me that the only guy really emotionally invested in all this is the OP.

I mean..the guy is drawing conclusions from 14 games into a NBA season.

Don't invest yourself into something that is SURE to end badly for you.

and YES..I would bet ALOT on it.

15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Don't forget Mike Miller. James Jones has been torching the net this year. James.Jones.

Like I said, this team isn't even running plays. Spoelstra threw his playbook in the trash so the team could gel first. The difference between the Celtics and Heat is that those guys had three clear defined roles. Pierce on the ball, Allen off the ball, KG down low. It made the transition much easier for those guys. Once the Heat figure out their respective roles, the rest of the league is done. The lack of an inside presence won't even matter (See Game Against: Magic, Orlando)

Somewhat lost in the Heat's recent losses is that Wade has been hurt. You can tell, and not just by his godawful stat line.

Again, it's early.

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lol @ OP starting a mocking thread so early into the season.....then when hes called out, he starts with name calling. classic.

<<<<<<< Check the avatar

17. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
  18. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    This thread would be perfect 4 years from now if they still don't have a title under their belt.

19. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    If the Heat don't win a title in the next 4 years it's because their team plane crashed. And even if everyone but LeBron and Wade were killed, I still like our chances.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I always thought of the current Heat as team Gryffindor. More apt comparison.

21. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

22. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Certainly too early to panic if you are a Heat fan. But I also don't think any of the Heat fans thought their team would be 8-6 at this point either. The funny thing again, to me, is if the early part of the season has any merit at all, then the West looks like a beast again. Miami would be a 7th seed at best right now in the west with their record. San Antonio is playing out of its skull, as is New Orleans. The Lakers are doing what I think, just about everyone felt they would do and a few others look great as well.

But honestly, looking for a long term answer, 15 games into an NBA season is silly. Im as diehard of a LAkers fan that oyu will find, and even I don't really pay too close attention until after the All-Star break.

23. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    this

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Your first mistake was expecting better out of me :lol:

25. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    First things first....the insults need to stop. You want to act like school girls then talk it out over PM or AIM or whatever. That goes for any Heat or Non-Heat fans involved. Thank you.

Secondly, I think Sam nailed it. I dont think any Heat fan thought they would be hovering around .500. We all know deep down that will not last but I am sure the non Heat fans are loving it as much as the Heat fans are hating it, even if its likely a temporary condition. I think when the Heat get a healthy Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem that team will take off. Basketball is a star driven game but the complimentary pieces are necessary to building a title team.

26. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Personally, it's disappointing, but I'm not panicking or anything. I actually think Heat fans should take this start with a grain of salt.

27. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    They still have a chance going 76-6 this season.

What the Heat needs is a 3 pointer at the point guard and shooting guard position, a player that hustles and set screens, and a bench that plays defense. And Ilguaskas as the starting center. Let LeBron drive from the top of the key and pass the ball to 3 pointers. I think the Heat should trade Wade for Mo Williams, Gibson and Varejao and run a lineup like this:

PG: Gibson
    SG: Mo Williams
    SF: LeBron
    PF: Varejao
    C: Ilgauskas

Bosh can play from bench. With this lineup they should able to go to the ECF easily.

:D

PhiNomina likes this.
  28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Hovering just above .500? No. But did we expect 72+ wins? No. That’s the media increasing expectations so they can waste even more hot air when those expectations are never met.

The biggest surprise this season is Wade’s lack of, well, anything.

29. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I never inferred Heat fans did expect 72 wins bro. :)

30. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I never said you did. That was an opportunity to knock a popular misconception.

31. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Maybe not you but their are some Heat fans that expected wins in the 70's and thought so pretty matter of factly...well they were wrong. I think the team ends up with Wins somewhere in the 50's and unless something changes wich it very well could the first time they play Boston will be the last playoff series they play.

32. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    wishful thinking.

homer-ism in reverse.

33. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Key word being “some”. My most optimistic projection was 69 wins, which is nowhere near breaking the Bulls’ single-season win record. 69 wins is clearly not happening now, but the Heat are still likely to grab the 1 Seed.

An incomplete Heat team would more often than not lose a long playoff series to a complete Boston team, yeah. But Boston has problems of its own, so that’s far from guaranteed.

34. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    so what's wrong with Boston?

they have three terrible losses..and now they have injuries at center and point guard.

Oh no...is their season over?

Desides likes this.
  35. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    They’re the Washington Redskins of the NBA. :shifty:

36. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Hey...Kevin Garnett's rebounding numbers are terrible lately...and Big Baby is not giving them production off the bench...they might be done...they win 41 games and miss the playoffs ....obviously...

Ray Allen is slowing down as well....they are doooooooomed.

On the other hand...I think the Hornets and Spurs are going to break the Bulls 72 win record. That one is in the bag. NO: 73-9 SA: 75-7

Desides likes this.
  37. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I don't know about the Heat, I don't think they win the title this year.

The two best teams in the league are the Spurs and Lakers at this point.

38. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    that is similar to my handle, but rest assured that isnt me....I do not care about the Celtics, Knicks, or Heat...actually I'd rather see the Celts dust out, so I dont have to hear anymore about the Pats/Celts/Sox and how good they are every year....

One thing in contray to the OP, he mentioned the Pats...listen the Pats are the Pats because of Brady thats it...they have a offense full of no names, and a below avg defense, but Brady is so damn good it doesnt matter...he is the best QB in football right now....forget stats, game on the line, I want Brady, and his mullet....

39. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Which says everything you need to know about November NBA basketball.

40. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Although I won cheddar on them the other night ha!