1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami heavily favored Sunday?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bkbuffet, Nov 12, 2008.

1. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    I was going through my Yahoo Pick-em's for this week and was looking at the stats for who everyone is picking for this weekend....

I know that Oakland is not a good team right now, but 95% for Miami???

All I can say is wow...

2. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    how far we've come since just last year. feels good to no longer be considered the one of the worst teams in the nfl.. with that said, if we take OAK lightly, we're in for a surprise. We are in no position to take anyone lightly. I hope Sparano reminds the team that we were heavily favored last week, too.

FinsPensFan likes this.
  3. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I view this as a trap game for us. Jokeland always plays us tough.

Rocky Raccoon, Rick 1966 and sking29 like this.
  4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Exactly right and the team should realize that a weak team on paper doesn't mean they can't beat you; after the close shave with Seattle last week.

5. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    That is what I'm worried about as well.

I have a feeling though that Sparano is thinking that too, and preparing the team this week to try and avoid this.

I know that Al Davis took the OC responsibilities away from Knapp and now Cable has to be head coach and call the offensive plays... history shows us this very rarely works well, so that works in our favor.

On the downside, I think both Russell and McFadden will be back from injuries.

6. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    If the team doesn't improve on their peformance in the Seahawks game, Oakland can and will win this game.

7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Jokeland :lol: that's a good one.

I'm not too worried about all this "trap" game nonsense a lot of people are talking about. Tony Sparano would never let this team fall into any kind of trap. He's too smart for that.

8. dolfan06

dolfan06 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Arkansas
    that worries me, miami always seems to play down to their opponents when they are heavily favored.

9. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    If Seattle hadn't almost caught us with our pants down last Sunday, I would view this as a trap game.
    But I think the trap game was last week. After Miami took the 14-0 nothing lead they decided they could just cruise to victory. Seattle came back and damn near took that win away.
    I don't think that fact will be lost on the players this week. And it sure as hell won't be lost on Coach Sparano. He will emphasize all week that they need to play 60 minutes of football this Sunday.
    The Dolphins will be ready.

Miami 27
    Oakland 10

10. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Chad P controls games, so we should win this one but i don't think it will be a blowout or dominant as many feel it should be.

11. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    The reason I think Miami wins big has more to do with how I feel about Oakland. They are horrible. Caroiline did EVERYTHING they could give that game to Oakland and the Raiders still couldn't find a way.
    Now they have to travel clear accross the country, play in an early game, against a team on a roll......

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    man i sure have problems if this team thinks theres such a thing as a trap game or their even for one second overconfident.

I guess as a fan and what we have been thru with the frachise over the years and decades we have stayed loyal and consistent with our support, these players come and go so a lot of them may not realize how disrepectful it is to us the fans to take other teams lightly.

Now iam not saying their doing that this week, but they have done it earlier this season so lets hope they have learned their lesson. I didnt see any complancency when they came out on the field against seattle. I heard a couple of players say they kinda of put it on cruise control after they went up 14 0, which i think is stupid and cocky for a team with its past.

This is a very touchy subject with me and i think they turned that immature corner, i look for them to beat the raiders.

13. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I would bet my foreclosed mortgage on it.

Ludacris likes this.
  14. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    :lol: Oakland hasn't scored a touchdown in 3-4 games. Miami could play blindfolded and still find a way to win.

15. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Seattle played like crap all season, and they were maybe fifteen yards from beating us at the end of the game.

Styla likes this.
  16. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Rick is spot on.

I am not thinking this is a gimme by a long shot.

The players need to get their heads out of their butts and get hungry for this game because IMHO they were flat against Seattle and we almost blew it.

Thank god that Bell knocked the pass down instead of trying to pick it off ala in Houston.

Remember that? Knocked down pass and we win. I am glad he learned from his previous mistake.

I won't consider this game won unless we are way ahead like what happened in NE.

Because just our luck, watch Oakland score a TD on its first drive...not trying to call anything bad...just saying we need to really treat them the same way we'd treat a team thats 9-0.

17. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Seattle was the trap game and they won. They won't likely make the same mistake twice. A lot of you also are overlooking the coach that Seattle has on the sidelines. He'll keep them in a lot of games against superior opponents. Oakland does not have that coaching. Yes they've been blown out but Miami is a young team, they won't blow out hardly anybody at this point.

Miami will win this game comfortably. Yes I am overconfident because I won't be on the field Sunday. Anybody who thinks Sparano won't have these guys working and ready hasn't been paying attention this season.

djphinfan likes this.
  18. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I understand the caution but Oakland is struggling immensely right now. We'll walk all over them. I'm not expecting anything less than annihilation. Miami came away from the Seattle game after a close one so Sparano will make this team prepare to put teams away. We let Seattle back in the game too much. Miami won't let that happen again.

I believe Miami are 13 point favorites. Does anyone think we'll beat the spread?

19. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Seattle has not been nearly as bad as Oakland this season. Oakland may be the worst team in the league. Yes even worse then the Lions.

20. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    But who is Seattle's coach? I'd never count them out of a game with Holmgrem.

Raiders on the other hand...