1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami's Trip to the Super Bowl- Round 1

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Jan 5, 2017.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I know what you're thinking- Pittsburgh in January? We don't have a chance. But I call BS in a very big way- you haven't been paying attention this season.

Beating Pitt comes down to one thing and one thing only- can we run the football?

I don't care about if Pitt can run the ball. I don't care about how big of a day Big Ben has or how many times our corners pick him off. Those are factors in the game, sure, but they aren't the reason we've won 9 of 11 games. The reason we win can be measured solely by how well we can pound the pigskin on 1st down.

It opens up EVERYTHING ELSE we do well and I think it's the only thing Gase is going to focus on.

So I'll turn your attention to our last two losses BEFORE the New England game- how did this team respond? What did Gase do to keep them focused on the task at hand? Ironically, if we skip back three losses the first opponent in this type of situation was Pittsburgh. We were 1-4, the line was a laughing stock and Tannehill was getting slaughtered.

What happened next? We saw one of the most dominant offensive lines in football a mere 7 days later beat the living **** out of Pitt.

Skip forward a couple of months and look at Baltimore. They straight out kicked our asses in gangster fashion. How'd we respond against the Cardinals? The offensive line played exceptional.

So know that when I'm asking if we can run on Pittsburgh, I'm not referencing Ajayi, Drake and company. If there's a hole there our boys are going downhill...that's a given. They kill it in space, so I'm not worried if they'll show up. They will show up.

My only question comes down to our offensive line.

By the way, for those of you worried about the cold- it was cold in Buffalo and NY a few weeks ago as well. So forget about the cold...this is the mother ****ing playoffs. Unless there's a blizzard, the cold will not be a factor.

Folks, we are going into battle this Sunday and it's going to be like Amanda Nunez morphed into the Terminator. Some people are going to get knocked the **** out. It's just a matter of who's going to be doing the knocking and who's going to be laying on their back wondering what the hell just happened.

Well, let me tell you something- if we're gauging this game on recent history, our linemen, tight ends and receivers are going to be like rabid dogs on the field this week. We're talking "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" type of violence, and Ajayi is going to torch the heck out of the Steelers.

Then once they try to adjust, it's going to be the Matty Ice circus show to Stills and Landry all day long- they don't want anything to do with what we're selling.

This is not going to be a close game, my friends. Everything you thought you knew about the 2016 Miami Dolphins has been leading up to this one contest. It's going to be violent. It's going to be brutal. And this rag-tag team of 2nd stringers is going to beat the holy hell out of Pittsburgh until Gase calls his dogs off.

That's what is about to happen....put it in the bank.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Fin-O, danmarino, jboogie and 5 others like this.
  2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I agree we cant go without a fight. We have the tools in offense to fight tooth and nail. If we keep the game close, the team has experience on how to win. Tough sledding even if we get past Steelers, they have shown they cant play mistake free football and beat NE. But one step at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kud_II, KeyFin and SocaCasualuk like this.
  3. evo8904

evo8904 Active Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    If Ben goes down early, then we will win.

4. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Rob Zombie's Let The Bodies Hit the Floor? Lol. Believe that was Drowning Pool.

cuchulainn and evo8904 like this.
  5. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    I say we show up in the '72 uniforms and let ajayi look like csonka!!!!!

Bell is going to get his avg we have to limit brown and ben, if suh and wake can get pressure its going to be a good day. only way I see this is if Vance has been hiding some blitz schemes!!! common Vance go to the green notebook (waterboy reference).

adamprez2003 and KeyFin like this.
  6. SocaCasualuk

SocaCasualuk Active Member

Sep 21, 2014
    U.K.
    Great OP!! About time this place got some positivity and fired up about the biggest game for this franchise in 8 YEARS!

We can't focus on where we are weak, we have to play to our strengths; run the ball hard and often, play action deep to stills and Parker and pass rush them to death. If we do this we have a helluva chance come Sunday.

I for one can't friggin wait.

Let's go Miami

KeyFin likes this.
  7. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    Psychologically, would rather be the team to have won first

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Let's just start a fight a see what happens... sacrifice the game if you have to... make your statement in victory or loss

SocaCasualuk likes this.
  9. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    Last year burfict did that and bell or brown got hurt

10. SocaCasualuk

SocaCasualuk Active Member

Sep 21, 2014
    U.K.
    Do whatever it takes, late hit, dirty shot etc to make a statement early.
    Show them we are here to take care of business by whatever means necessary.

See how they stand up to a smack in the mouth.

KeyFin likes this.
  11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Less than 24 hours boys....I am so pumped for this smack-down!!!

12. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    We have been like 10-0 in any game this year when Wake gets a sack (if I remember that stat correctly), so THAT is the key to the game for me. Pressure on Ben, keep it close, find a way to win it at the end.

KeyFin and cbrad like this.
  13. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah, it's a perfect predictor so far. 10-0 when Wake gets a sack (technically at least half a sack) AND 0-6 when he doesn't:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WakeCa00.htm

KeyFin likes this.
  14. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Love the attitude KEYFIN. We need turnovers and a decided advantage in the special teams units to win this. Let the unsung players carry us to victory. It would be very appropriate for this season

KeyFin likes this.
  15. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    To that point, we're also 1-0 when Wake knocks Big Ben out of the game. Pitt's line is average and Big Ben is slow, so that's always something I'm thinking about when these teams meet.