1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Bennett is visiting the Dolphins today\Signs with Seattle

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dol-Fan Dupree, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    At only 5 Mil this is a whiff for Ireland.

I'm begining to smell whiff on Keller too.

Well, Tuesday was fun while it lasted...

padre31 likes this.
  2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    *le-****ing-sigh*

Tuesday WAS fun while it lasted when people were giving our GM the benefit of the doubt and even in some rare cases giving praise. But now that 48 hours have passed I guess it's time to go back to crucifying him for every little thing.

Not paying Dustin Keller the kind of money Jared Cook got was not a "whiff." Cook didn't deserve the kind of money he got and Keller doesn't deserve it either. I don't know yet what to make of this signing but calling it a "whiff" seems a bit premature. $5 million on a one year deal isn't a lot of money but we're also talking about a guy who's had one good year in a 4 year career to this point and it was in a contract year. You usually want to stay away from those types. Wait until you see how the money is spent before you go off accusing Ireland of "whiffing" on people he's not going to overpay.

3. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    In the past "Not Overpaying" has resulted in his best deals being the ones he did not make...

This is the year to overpay a bit to win.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Michael Bennett would've been a bad fit for the team. Too much of a gamble.

I'm much more worried about the lack of activity at the corner position. The last thing I want is for that to paint us into a corner with respect to the #12 pick.

Miami should just pony up for John Abraham or Antwan Barnes. They're worth it.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    He might not get out of Foxboro tomorrow, Abraham that is....

btw Hoyas look strong tonight bro....

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Yes they do.

And tomorrow will be the last time Georgetown and Syracuse ever play, outside of the tournament. I'm so depressed about that.

finyank13 likes this.
  7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Eh they choose to leave us....being a Providence College nut, I am pulling for all Catholic 7 teams, so as much as it pains me to say it....

Go Hoyas!!!!