1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Silver: Hearing that Ireland stays

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phins_Fan_87, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    michael silver
    omg no...

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    :lol:

3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    "May stay"

No different then what's been said for a week

4. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    :helpsmilie:

Sceeto likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :jump:

Come on now, he has run his course here

Dude cannot ID OL talent or Lb talent, good with small ball and DT's otherwise..bye bye

Da 'Fins likes this.
  6. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    :boom:mmhm

7. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

8. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

Bpk likes this.
  9. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Yep

10. CyPhin

CyPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 11, 2008
    NW NJ
    OMG would Ross just grow a pair and make a decision!!! How did this man become a billionaire by being this tentative? This team just came off of beating Pittsburgh and New England and needed to win two games against admittedly weaker opponents to make the playoffs. We lacked the coaching leadership and player leadership to make this happen. Irleland made the decisions to get rid of our team leadership from last year and Philban could not motivate this team.

If his real estate team blew a deal of that would cost him millions of dollars, he wouldn't fire them? Come on Ross grow a pair and fire them!

Aquafin, ASOT and Bpk like this.
  11. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

ASOT likes this.
  12. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Yeah may...I may win the lottery, I may sky dive some day, I may I may I may....what a useless thing to say.....like the whole country doesn't already know this.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Dude is gonna end up staying, we may aswell start *****ing now.

ASOT, Ozzy, heylookatme and 1 other person like this.
  14. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    At the very least hoping Philbin goes then...those two can't co-exist.

15. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Un****ingbelievable....this franchise is ****ing joke, **** this team, **** Stephen Ross, and **** Ireland

ASOT, Bpk, MrClean and 10 others like this.
  16. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    The coaching staff is the reason we did not play ysterday

17. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah. It's the coaching staff that cannot block. It's the coaching staff that cannot play run fits and tackle. It's the coaching staff that can't catch passes.

If Ireland stays, it is great news for the Bills, Jets, and Patriots, because the Dolphins will remain irrelevant. Let's light another $40 million in cap room on fire like we did this past year and have an unproductive draft yet again.

SuperMarksBros., ASOT and Fin-Omenal like this.
  18. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    [​IMG]

19. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Who gives a crap?

20. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

Kud_II and gilv13 like this.
  21. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Would this really surprise anyone? This team has been pulling this type of nonsense for years. The longer it takes for them to make an announcement the more likely it is that no changes will be made. Here it is a week later and they`re still spinning their wheels and going nowhere.

shula_guy, Bpk and TooGoodForDez like this.
  22. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Ah yes. Looking forward to another round of whining from the Firelanders.

2socks likes this.
  23. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    How empty is the stadium going to be next year?Ross is a joke he really needs to sell the dam team.I will think long and hard before I renew my nfl ticket next year if this idiot is still in charge.

ASOT likes this.
  24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I have leaned towards Ireland being gone since the end of the season, however I don't think the man is the anti-christ like some here do.

If Sherman stays I will be a bit disappointed. He may not have had all the ingredients to cook with offensively, but he sure didn't try and improve the soup with his own spices.

IMO Its easier to make subpar offensive pieces look good through scheme than defensive ones. There wasn't even one time I thought Sherman was using his players to their best ability.

GMJohnson likes this.
  25. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Not a surprise to me, it's disappointing but it's expected. Can't wait for another great draft just like last year's.

ASOT likes this.
  26. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    They keep many a Dolphins online fan forum up and running. At least we'll have something to complain about.

27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Oy two things can happen.

We succeed next year and all is mostly forgiven.

We fail and clean house top to bottom.

Its not the worst scenario. Its somewhat better than hiring either a new coach or GM now and not knowing who to fire again. We could have cleaned house this season for sure, but we didn't. So lets move on I guess.

28. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    Think about the worst case scenario for the draft, and you have what Jeff Ireland will do. He's about the wreck the salary structure of this team in an attempt to get the quick fix as well.

Simply put, if Ireland stays, the Dolphins will not get a dime of my money until he is gone. No tickets. No merchandise. I will cancel Direct TV and Sirus radio if it means I'm not supporting this team monetarily.

29. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Excellent point. Every other thread is the same thing. But the forum will always survive, if Ireland was fired they'd find a new scapegoat and the dance would begin all over again.

30. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Jeff Ireland is just something else. The unflushable toilet, he just keeps rising back to the top and we fans are stuck here to deal with the mess. Hopefully Philbin can play the part of a closet auger and help get this guy out of here, Ross sure as hell can't make up his mind on his own.

ASOT likes this.
  31. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I feel your pain, but not a single person posting on this forum, or any other NFL forum, has one iota of a clue what it takes to be a billionaire. I certainly don't presume to...if I did, you wouldn't see me posting here, I'd be too busy partying my *** off!

I'm quite sure he's fully analyzing his options, and he has many considerations to go through that us fans don't when it comes to making these types of decisions. If it were so easy, wouldn't we all be NFL owners and/or GMs?

That said, I'm certainly in the Fireland camp, after being luke warm to medium on the guy coming into this season. I was perfectly willing to give him a pass on his first few years because of Bill "The Whale" Parcells (have always hated the decision to bring him in...another huge knock on Ross). Too many unfulfilled promises on his part since being on his own.

I would like to see a change at GM, and especially at OC, but have a feeling Ross, for whatever reasons of his own, won't make it happen. This is why I tend to dislike owners more than coaches/players...it starts at the top. Couple Parcells with the Harbaugh fiasco, and various other embarrassing moments in this team's recent history, and I REALLY don't like Ross as an NFL owner.

But hey...I'm just a fan...can't keep letting myself get to wrapped up in the executive direction of the organization...I just want to watch good football. That doesn't include being able to predict the Dolphins play-calling to within about 95% accuracy...and I don't know much about game planning and schemes.

MAFishFan likes this.
  32. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

Hypothetical. The draft rolls around and we select a bunch of players you really like, season starts and we look good.

Will you still hate Ireland enough to do as you say?

CWBIII likes this.
  33. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Notice that stopping complaining on this website wasn't on his to do list.

Den54, CWBIII and GMJohnson like this.
  34. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    If Jeff Ireland is retained, my support is gone.

ASOT, TooGoodForDez and Stringer Bell like this.
  35. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Further hypothetical. We win back to back superbowls

I'm just trying to figure out how much of your opinion is objective analysis and how much is personal bias and desire to be proven correct by Ireland failing and being fired.

CWBIII likes this.
  36. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    more of the same regurgitated/recycled stories.

37. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    All Is Well....All Is Well. You have just entered the Twilight Zone

[​IMG]

Ozzy and heylookatme like this.
  38. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    If Ireland stay's it great news - period. Jeff is a freaking football genius. We should have played yesterday.

The players were good enough to beat teams such as New England, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Cincinnati

but sucked in losing to teams like, Buffalo (2), NY, and Tampa .

Sure it's the players

39. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta

No you wont

40. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Looking forward to more homerism from you and the rest of Ireland's merry band of male cheerleaders.

[​IMG]

ASOT, PhinGeneral, MrClean and 3 others like this.