1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Rolls Out Airless Tire

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by calphin, Mar 16, 2009.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Michelin is reinventing the wheel and it could one day revolutionize the way we drive.

The Tweel, whose name comes from a combination of the words tire and wheel, is an airless tire that features a conventional tire tread connected to a central wheel connected to flexible spokes.

Taking the air out of the wheel eliminates flats, blowouts and checking your car's tire pressure.

not sure I would trust them.:shifty:

http://www.wdsu.com/automotive/18939734/detail.html

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I saw an article on this thing like two years ago when I was working for Bridgestone-Firestone. I thought then (as I do now) that it is a great idea and would love to see it out there, I just don't want to be the trial run.

Edit: Just found an article about it from 2005, though it was 2006 when I first heard about it.

calphin and cnc66 like this.
  3. section411

section411 New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Interesting idea though....
    I have runflats which are great except that I have to sell a kidney to afford replacement.

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Pete, I remember that thread. I saved some pics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I wonder how impact resistant that tire is if you hit a curb or a chug hole? from watching the video, I guess they are rather noisy.