1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid season ranking

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Nov 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The experts rank Miami anywhere between #9-12 overall in the league, and our only losses are to teams in the top four spots. Pittsburg is ranked #2 pretty consistently even after their loss last week, and I can't help but wonder if the refs didn't steal that game from us where we'd be in the grand scheme of things. We would have been in the top 3 right now anyways. While there's plenty of negative to focus on from our first half of the season, hopefully some Fin fans are starting to realize that we are one of the best teams in football right now.

Yeah, we choked on special teams against NE and couldn't score on the final drive against Pitt or NY, but our offense is easily our weakest link. Our offense also has the potential to be extremely potent once it starts clicking on all cylinders (where NE and Pitt are already there...NY was and now they're choking), and WHEN that happens....watch out.

If we are ranked 9th by experts while we're playing conservative, clock burning football and putting up 20 points per game, I think we're in an excellent position for the second half of the season. With our D we will be in every game from here on out, and truthfully, I think the AFC is getting a little concerned.

One final comment and I'll shut up....if the coaches didn't see the short-term potential I've mentioned, you'd better believe that Randy Moss would be dressed in aqua tonight.

Moves likes this.