1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike and Mike In The Morning Two A Days

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Brown42000, Aug 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    They will be previewing Miami's season this morning and giving their predictions. Golic isn't in today either, Buster Olney is filling in.

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    just another reason i love this site. i was watching M&M, and wondering why the Phins and Vikes helmets were on the desk. Its a good ploy, because i kept watching for that reason alone. I really hate baseball, and I listened to them talk about it for over 10 minutes just because of the helmet on the desk.

Thanks for the heads up on the helmet reasoning. :knucks:

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    in 25 minutes, miami is up.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    mike just said that GB plays every good team in the AFC. Is he ******ed? They only play one division.

EDIT: The AFC south, give me a break.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    he was exaggerating to make his point.

6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Well, they made their picks. Greeny said 5 and 11 and Golic and Olney are both in agreement at 3 and 13 for the fins.

7. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    1)Will Pennington be the 1st of many QB's to start for the Fins this season?(he said 1st of 2)

2) Will Ronnie Brown be able to bounce back( they think so)

3) Will the defense be better this year without JT( they don't think so but it had to be done))

4) Will Ricky be an important part of the offense( they think so)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
    gunn34 likes this.
  8. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Travis - they said you can listen to all the two-a-days at espnradio.com.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    3-13, give me a break. Our new conditioning program will get us to 4 wins alone. Player improvements should get another 2 wins. Coaching improvements another 2. I dont see 8-8 as very far fetched. We lost a lot of games by not very many points last year. And our roster was twice as pathetic as it is now.

mullingan likes this.
  10. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    They're both, admittedly, not Dolphin fans, so I'm not surprised at their picks. Greeny said there's no way we go 8 and 8.

11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I hope we can do our part to help them start 0-3.

12. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Exactly. 8-8 is not out of the question.

13. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    This begs the question - would you consider 5 wins a successful season after last year? I don't believe 8 and 8 is out of the question for us.

14. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I definitely think 5 would be a step in the right direction and far better then many expect but 7-8 wins isn't unthinkable...

15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I don't there is a bar to be set for this year. During the first year of a rebuild you can't focus on winning. It's more important that chemistry and philosophy be established at all levels. From there, winning will follow.

I expect 6-8 wins; but I wouldn't consider less to be unsuccessful.

16. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    good morning sweety, it is nice to see you up and about this am.

for me, it depends on how we play and earn those wins. Coach said he was pissed about the team not finishing the buc game, that what squad was on the feild is inconsequential. If he can get the team to buy into that and deliver the effort for 60 minutes then the won/lost won't matter much to me. I really think that barring injuries we need to see steady improvement week to week. If we do all the right things, AND if we continue to improve then I agree, eight and eight is not out of the question.

njfinfan, mullingan and HULKFish like this.
  17. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    My feelings exactly!:up:

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    are you saying that cnc stole your feelings? man, that guy is on a serious power trip.

19. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Morning Marty. Thanks.

8 and 8 would be an EXTREMELY successful season for me.

20. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The measuring stick for the NFL is, of course, wins and losses but for this team it may not be all about wins and losses...what I'd like to see come out of this season is some answers to the questions that have plagued us for years...

1) Is the OL now going to be legit ?? Can they meld together and produce like an NFL offensive line should ?? (I feel we are well on our way, but have to see it first)
    2) Can we resolve the QB questions ?? (I don't think it get's answered this season)
    3) Can this team change it's mentality of losing that it's developed over the last few seasons ?? (the appearances of change is there but will we still feel that way in January)
    4) Can we finally start counting on and getting solid performances from our rookie class ?? (talk to me in 3 yrs, but this also looks promising)

So 5-11, 6-10, 1-15, 8-8 doesn't really mean as much as positive answers to the questions above...

21. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    1. Golic and Greenberg are worthless dopes who'd rather talk about anything other than sports. They're 2 of 1,000 talking heads on ESPN. Their opinions aren't worth any more than, say, Scott Van Pelt's and Chris Carter's.

2. If we win 6 games this year, I will be pleased.

3. 3 wins would be an utter failure.

22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Let us know how you REALLY feel.

23. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Why would you click a thread titled Mike and Mike In The Morning Two A Days then?

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    cause he can???

25. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I think it is a pipe dream for us ot get 8 wins. Rookie headcoaches who have jettisoned ALL of the team leaders from last year and are rebuilding from the ground up, rarely fleshes out to a .500 record.

If we are able to get 8 wins with what we have this year, then Sparano should get the Coach of the Year award named after him.

I think we should all be lucky if we see 5 W's this season.

26. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I should punch you in the face!!!

Samphin likes this.
  27. Samphin

Most sports talk radio shows throw in pop culture and news elements to their show. It has been proven that talking strictly sports drains the audience and they start changing the channel. Mix in a little Brittany Spears controversy here, and a Michael Phelps story there, and voila, radio gold.

It is just how it works. It is also why they reset the top stories every 20 minutes or so. That is when the typical audience rolls over throughout the day. Therefor,e they hit the same subjects on sports updates to make sure everyone hears about them.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  28. Samphin

Take a number. ;)

GISH likes this.
  29. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    crap. I pulled #2387465628375267.

What number are you currently serving?

Samphin likes this.
  30. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    bingo!

Samphin likes this.
  31. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    [​IMG]

32. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.

We almost got 7 wins last year. How you say? Well we lost 6 games by 3 points each. That was without Ronnie, Ricky, Bell and the other 40 new players that Bill Parcells and company brought in.

8-8 is very feasible this year.

GISH likes this.
  33. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

To me, it all depends on how injury free we remain. If the starting OL all get at least 14 starts each, if Pennington doesn't miss more than 2 games, if Ronnie and/or Ricky play every game, the key defenders like Fergie, Bell, W. Allen and Porter don't miss any significant time, we could very well go 8-8, or even 9-7.

34. Samphin

And the Patriots almost went undefeated...but they didn't. Bill Parcells says it best, "You are as good as your records says." If we were better, than we win those games. But we weren't so we lost.

We are a 1-15 team. I don't think, based off what we have seen and heard during this preseason, that we can be confident in our QB play, our best player is coming off of major knee surgery, his backup can and probably will retire five times before the season starts. Our o-line has two unproven rookies...and I haven't even touched on the defense yet.

Face it, we are a lower tiere team at this point. I have faith that we will get better and eventually be good again, but I don't think it is happening this year. If it does, then Sparano and Co. deserve to have Norwegian lesbians feed them grapes while they sing.

As for me, I just can't see us winning that many games this year.

35. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    Bring forth the singing Norwegian Lesbians and the grapes! :yes:

This is a totally different team with totally different players, coaches and mindset. Lets give Parcells and company a little more credit in the talent acquisition department.

36. brparkway

brparkway Season Ticket Holder

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA. U.S.
    The "2-a-Day" questions do tend to the pop-culture, obvious direction and are not very incisive. M&M is foremost an entertainment show.

I have to agree that 8 wins would be nosebleed altitude for this team, and would no doubt net Sparano COTY consideration. This is a true demo-rebuild year, and I'll be very happy if some key issues start getting resolved by the 2nd half of the season, like the OL gelling and the D getting QB pressure to replace JT's production. I really don't expect our QB-of-the-future sitch to be settled until next year at the earliest, but if they can keep whoever is back there upright, it'll be a step in the right direction.