1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Gillislee Video Highlights

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I hope you are wrong as well. Nothing against him - maybe he'll make it in the league and I wish him the best. But, every time we trot him onto the field - it feels like a failure (especially in short yardage situations).

At 5'9, 225, Jonas Gray has power, strong legs, is pretty shifty - even in short yardage - and a good burst. Along with his power, his short stature makes him a tougher target to hit and bring down (not quite where pocket hercules is, but somewhat similar) - unlike Daniel Thomas. After a year of getting stronger, healthier, and this off-season training ... Really hope they give the kid a chance this year. I'd take him over the running of Thomas any day in short yardage or any other.

Really hoping these guys develop and that it's Miller, Gray, Gillislee and Thigpen. I think there is some potential there.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I've commented on how he holds the football when he runs.." Hi and tight, very secure, very comfortable"...I didnt look at any stats in fumbles before I wrote that, but it's not surprising he didnt fumble once..it matches his style.

CrunchTime likes this.
  3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I think Gillislee will be taking more plays away from Thomas than Miller.IMO Miller is more of a homerun threat but he is a liabilty at blocking and there are questions about his durability.Gillislee is a good insurance policy.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Gray is funny, the staff claims "we don't know what to expect out of him"

Uhm, did he sign and just vanish? They should have a good idea what to expect to see from him.

As Gillislee, he reminds me of a "Don Shula" running back post Csonka/Kiick/Morris, doesn't stand out at any one thing, does do several things well.

Believe it or not, this season what I'm looking for from the Rb's is not pure running talent, it's blitz pickups, it's my new thing.

5. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
  6. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/03/3379482/mike-gillislee-among-impressive.html

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Reminds me a bit of Ronnie brown. I think a young Ronnie brown would compliment lamar miller very well.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That burst is what your looking for in a minicamp like today, sometimes it's subtle but so important to have at the next level..he also seems to me to be able to keep his acceleration as he moves laterally..one of the reasons I dropped Gio Bernard on my board is because I think he has decent speed strait ahead, but when he goes a bit laterally he lose it completely, thus getting swallowed up in a hurry..first back taken in the draft so maybe I'm wrong on that but I don't think we're talking about the next Darren Sproiles..

CrunchTime likes this.
  9. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    If he can catch a punt's hell be on the team.

10. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    xphinfanx likes this.