1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Klis of Denver Post - Brocos bracing for blitzing Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007

Link: http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/denver-broncos/ci_26990515/denver-broncos-bracing-blitzing-miami-dolphins

I find it interesting to know Miami blitzes with much more frequency than the NFL average. I did not realize this.

It's a testament to the faith Coyle has in the guys out in coverage.

Seems as though Denver gets good pressure sans the blitz. I hope the receivers can beat the coverage and the line holds up. I wish Miami had Moreno. I think running the ball effectively could be the key to this one. Maybe Williams gets more looks as Miller is questionable with a shoulder and a knee.

I wonder if we'll see a similar gameplan from the offense like the one used against Buffalo with the quick-hits to the playmakers?

Really looking forward to this game. This Bronco team is fraught with talent. I am very intrigued at how well this team plays. Can the coaches put up a good plan, and will the players execute?

I am excited for his one!

xphinfanx and keithjackson like this.
  2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
  3. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    The crazy blitzing frustrated me in the preseason. I really started hating Coyle because of it. I thought it was completely out of place and put us at disadvantage without any good reason for running those blitz plays. Luckily it has worked in the overall scheme of things. Nonetheless, Coyle is a maniac.

I am amped up for every Phins game this season. The D is awesome and the O is threatening to hang 30+ on everyone, guys are playing hard.

This game probably ranks #5 as far as peaking my interest, of all the remaining games (Pats, 2 Jets, Ravens, Minny). For one it's an out of division game. Two, I don't feel it is any sort of a rivalry. Three, Broncos do not strike me as a dominant team.

At a deeper glance teams are similar, good defenses, RB who are quick and will get 5 yards a pop behind an athletic second level blocking Oline. Qbs have problems with placement but make quick decisions favoring shorter passes. I feel our defense is an advantage over Broncos' O, and our O is an advantage over Broncos' D. I feel we should win by double digits again. So the result of this game cannot make me feel better about the Phins, only worse, if they do not show up and play the way they should.

4. keithjackson

keithjackson Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Here's a nice companion article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000431177/article/qb-index-rankings-and-awards

Maybe we do want to blitz a lot after all.

5. normaldude

normaldude Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
  6. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
  7. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    We have been disguising our blitzes better bringing in different players from different formations.It can be confusing to a QB even a future HOFer like Manning .....I hope.

8. Fin Fan 4 Life

Fin Fan 4 Life Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Connecticut
    Wait, you think Peyton Manning has a problem with placement on his throws???

9. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    The Minny game? Really? Why?

10. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I heard Philbin saying they have been doing their best to imitate the way Peyton gets behind the center and does his usual shenanigans but when he was asked about what you are talking about he said something along the lines of "I don't think you can fool someone like Manning, he's seen it all. This game is gonna be more about executing fundamental football.". I was disappointed to hear that. Of course everyone wants to execute fundamental football, but I hope to see our defense disguise what we do and at least try to fool him. I think we will, I hope Philbin just doesn't want to show his cards, so to speak.

11. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    He has when forced to throw to the outside, rather than down the middle of the field. Not terrible accuracy, but the Rams seem to have forced the outside option routes by playing inside. You have a longer throw, less accuracy, and combine that with a quick pass rush and you can slow this Broncos offense. Manning does not have the arm he used to have since the injury.

I'd start the game with just a four man rush, then add in a blitz up the middle as needed -combined with DL stunts on passing downs. Make that Broncos OL PROVE they can block it, since they struggled so badly against the Rams.

12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm more worried about the few times a game our blitzes are ineffective. Last game, there were a few instances where we blitzed 6 and with no effect. that's fine against Kyle Orton, against Manning, we're going to give up a big play.

13. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    I get a feeling Coyle does that to bait QBs, leaving spaces open to have a chance at int, and then tightens up in red zone.

14. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Guys like Manning and Rodgers can make you pay for blitzing. The key to this game is having our front 4 wreak havoc on Peyton Manning. IF we can drop 7 in coverage and still hit Manning with our front 4, then we have a very good chance at winning this game.

This of course assumes that Miller and Ware don't decimate RTH and our young OT's.

15. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I think we will only rush 3 at times and drop one our d-lineman into zone coverage in the middle of the field focusing on crossing routes. I've see us do that a few times, I wouldn't be surprised if we do that to take away some of Mannings options. I think when the field gets shorter we will rush 4 and blitz.