1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Nolan defends Dolphins’ scheme: “We just need to execute”

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Oct 27, 2011.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ends-dolphins-scheme-we-just-need-to-execute/

Man are we a sinking ship, players blaming players and coaches, coaches blaming players. :pity:

Boik14 likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Uhm, no, Will Allen missed the tackle on Tebow, if they were calling guys out, he would have been named.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Are we executing the whole defense and the offense in a 22 gun salute type thing?:shifty:

Conuficus, MikeHoncho and Pandarilla like this.
  4. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Asking Will Allen to take down Tebow at a bad angle is actually well pretty bad.

Nolan shutup. Your scheme doesn't match your players.

Bpk likes this.
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Did it match the players last season???

6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Not really... Crowder at SILB with Dansby at WILB was a big difference over this group. Soliai had a career year. The center of the line has been gashed and they need Bell to help make up for it run support.

The biggest difference between last year and this year though is at FS and the nagging injuries at CB.

7. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I am in favor of this; let's start with Marc Colombo and Reshad Jones.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Marc Colombo needs to lean out over the plate and take one for the team.

Conuficus and MikeHoncho like this.
  9. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Stop lining Jared Odrick up wide against Left Tackles in Nickel packages.

Paul 13, Boik14, ToddsPhins and 4 others like this.
  10. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Sparano's staff began to lose me last year when Henning kep saying everything was the player's fault. The staff came off as arrogant. What made it worse we we fans clearly saw a lot of bad coaching going on too. Sparano protected the coaches, of course.

I've seen more of that this year. Occasionally, Sparano says he is to balme 'too", but the main message is always that the players are failing to execute.

If I can see the poor job the coaches are doing at putting the players in a position to succeed, surely the players can too. It only worsens things when the coaches then blame the players. No wonder Langford is annoyed and speaking up.

My attitude is f*** this coaching staff. They think it's mostly the players' fault all the time and they've lost the locker room as a result.

Ophinerated and NaboCane like this.
  11. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Wait Langford? I didn't see that.

12. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    This team is lot like me after I go to the bathroom after a long day of eating cheese.

All talk and no action.

13. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Mike Nolan needs a pap smear...

dolfan32323 likes this.
  14. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    This just seems to me to beg the question about what has been wrong the other five games. Is it not the task of the coaching staff to properly prepare the players to execute the plays called, both on defense and offense? If after six games, and after last season, what is wrong that the coaching cannot lead the team to do the stuff that he seems to think is so simple to execute.

Bpk likes this.
  15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Pretty soon, the only person left on the bus will be whoever's driving it...

16. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    that is presuming that someone is actually driving it...

Bpk likes this.
  17. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Honestly from the very first game it has looked like our defense was lost in the scheme. The first game they were scrambling, didn't know where to line up, didn't know when to get on or off the field. They were and have continued to be a freaking disaster. They are thinking way to much in the scheme that they are playing slow and not reacting. Then there is the fact that yes some of the playcalling SUCKS!!!! Everybody in America knew that Tebow was going to run the ball on a draw for the 2 point conversion, and who did we have covering the QB draw....NOBODY!!! Thats terrible playcalling at its greatest.

18. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    i just reiterated that in another thread.

19. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Coaches are supposed to call plays that the players they have can execute.

Bpk likes this.
  20. Bpk

Yeah, that's who NOlan was 'responding' to.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-25/dolphins-players-say-coaches-called-wrong-defense-on-tebow-conversion

Two Miami Dolphins defensive linemen said Monday that the team was in the wrong scheme when Tim Tebow ran for the two-point conversion that forced overtime in Sunday's 18-15 loss to the Denver Broncos.

Defensive end Kendall Langford said despite the fact that "everyone in the stadium knew he was going to run it," the Dolphins had five defensive backs on the field to go with three linemen and three linebackers. The Broncos were in a four-receiver alignment.

"We had the wrong personnel on the field, to be honest," said defensive lineman Tony McDaniel, who was at nose tackle on the play. "They spread us out and ran it up the middle.

"I always knew (Tebow) was going to try to run the ball when they got in the red zone. He just found a way, made a play and they got a win."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...ong-defense-on-tebow-conversion#ixzz1c86taH4e

21. Bpk

Exactly.

Either they are designing **** the players CAN'T do... which is a coaching failure.

Or they are designing **** that the players CAN do and after all this time they still can't teach the players to do it........ which is a coaching failure.

QED

22. Bpk

lol. This is the first Dolphins-related laugh i have had in weeks. :) Thanks, bro.

Maybe everyone's deserting the bus to hop on the bandwagon?

23. Bpk

And sadly, the trends have always shown Mike Nolan defenses to improve in the year he arrives and regress in the second year he is there.

We discussed it a bunch, but none of us wanted to believe it would happen again.

It happened again.