1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mike shanahan to interview for Bills job

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by adamprez2003, Nov 22, 2009.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    heard on pregame show that shanahan will interview for bills job. hope he doesnt take it.

2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Don't know if he can get them to a Super Bowl, but he's a good coach and they'll contend for the playoffs consistently. And they'll have a built-in running game.

Gotta believe he'll want full control (GM).

That said, we've had pretty good success against Shannahan teams over the years.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Wouldn't surprise me for him to take it.....and be super competitive.
    Didn't end well for him in Denver, and I think he has something to prove.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    If they bide their time they can maybe get Mangini in the offseason.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I seriously could've cared less when the Jests sign Ryan.

But THIS...is no good. The Bills have some talent already. Definitely underachievers. They could make a little noise as soon as next year if they sign this future HOF coach. Shannahan and his fancy wife and his fancy lifestyle may not be a fan of Buffalo though...let's all hope he walks.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    1. Shanahan was fired from Denver for a reason. Excellent coach. Crappy GM.

2. Buffalo won't pony up the cash he's gonna demand.

3. The Bills are a bunch of chokers. Always have been, always will be. Don't matter who's coaching.

7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I think he ends up in the NFCE

8. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    If he signs, will he take over or will it take place next offseason?

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It's alright. I don't think even Jesus could turn that franchise around. No matter how many top 10 overall picks they get every year.

10. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    1. You're correct, but he put a winning team on the field for the most part.
    2. Ralph is ready to loosen his purse strings I've heard.
    3. No argument there.
    I imagine next year. Taking over now would be like getting promoted to be the Titanic's captain 30 minutes after the iceburg was hit.
    The right coach can work miracles. Look at us in 07 and o8.

11. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    As long as they don't get Bill Cowher I'll be fine. Shanahan will make them competitive but his last few years in Denver were really a sharp decline from his late 90s early 2000s success. Really he had been living off reputation except for the 2006 (I believe) AFC Championship game. Good coach but he doesn't put fear in me like having BB and Bill Cowher in the same division...now that is horrifying.

Also when the job first opened I heard Jim Haslett was being considered. He may have been eliminated by now but that is definitely a Bills like move and I would be thrilled with Haslett as the next Bills coach. :yes:

gafinfan likes this.
  12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    It seems like a long shot. The Bills job is one of the worst in the league. I think Shanahan has his eye on Dallas or even Chicago.

13. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    I just dont see any way they pony up enough cash to sign him, and even if they did I dont see Shanahan wanting to coach for a team that isnt going to spend to the cap limit...... Well, ever.

14. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Shanahan and Cutler reuniting is definitely something that is interesting. Put Shanahan back with Cutler, in the NFC, and he could do really well. I could see a deep playoff contender almost every year because that would be the perfect situation. Especially in the NFC North with Detroit, a who knows what they'll do Packers, and a Vikings team that will probably implode after Favre at the QB position. If Shanahan was smart he should be calling the Bears right now telling them he can save the Cutler debacle they're in. The Bears would be his perfect situation and he could stay out of the much tougher AFC East or NFC East.

Oh and I didn't even mention he'd have Forte and some solid receivers...he still needs a true #1 though. However he really would need to let someone else run the defense and get over having to control everything because that would be his only downfall (just work to his strengths and leave the Front Office and defense alone).

15. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Nope, I don't think there is any chance of him coming to Dallas.
    No chance he and Jerra could co-exist.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  16. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    They said that about Parcells! They were right, but he was there long enough to turn Dallas around.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  17. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Its been a cyclic situation sincew Jerra bought the team.
    Good coach comes in, turns it around and Jerra chases him off. Then brings in his punching bag token coach.
    I think pretty much everybody is onto him after Parcells (Shouldve been after JJ).

18. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Coach Shanny is good, but GM Shanny sucks.

Coach Shanny didn't so crap without Mr. Elway.

If Buffalo hires Shanny, he will clean house and Buffalo won't be in the picture for 5-6 years. I have no worries about Buffalo if he takes that job.

19. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i think he will want full control and although we do well against him he seems to have a poretty good record against belichik :lol: not a bad combo

20. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    agreed. caqnt see that egomaniac getting along with shanhan

azfinfanmang likes this.
  21. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    GOOD QUESTION.

I would say next season. Although they may bring him in to get a jump start on who's who , etc. This would definitely give him a huge leg up on next year. The season is shot for them so any thing that would side track him like moving and finding a house, getting kids in school etc would not be that big of a deal. The reason I said next year is because it would take him that long to get staff and coaches put together and brought in. But i wouldn't put it past him to jump in with who's there to get a feel for everything