1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Tomlin on James Harrison fines: “He’s got two kids”

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by NJFINSFAN1, Nov 30, 2010.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lin-on-james-harrison-fines-hes-got-two-kids/

IS he kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy is making a ton of money, he is the one that won't change.

Brings back memories of:

"I have to feed my family."

Latrell Spreewell

The G Man and late again like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's actually right and has a point IMO. A lot of NFL players go bankrupt after they retire. One of the reasons is because they spend their money on dumb stuff. Him blasting people for no reason and getting fined is one of those dumb things.

3. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I disagree about him being right, he is making millions, he is the one doing the dumb stuff. It does not matter to me or anyone else what he does after he retires, that is there fault. The guy is making millions, using the two kids excuse is just dumb.

I have three kids and I'm looking for a job, and I'm feeding my kids. There are people with no jobs struggling to fed kids.

Tomlin should not have went there, it will not help Harrisons case at all..

Dolfan330 and Stitches like this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    If Im Harrison Im looking at the Andre Johnson/ Finnegan fight a little screw faced....wondering how our fines are considered equal. And thats just his minor fines.

5. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    That I can agree with.

6. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    **** the Steelers. **** Tomlin. **** Harrison.

Any person ******ed enough to squander the amount of money these guys make to play a kids game deserve everything they get. Harrison's fines equate to me getting a coffee at the local Starbucks each day before work. That money is not going to determine whether or not my kids go to college.

He is in his second year of a six-year, $51.175 million contract.

In 2009 Harrison received a $10-million signing bonus up front. Harrison's base salary in 2009 was $800,000. This year, an uncapped year, Harrison's base salary dropped to $755,000. But he also got a bonus of $2.8 million. In 2011, Harrison's salary jumps to $3.66 million and includes $900,000 roster bonus. In years four, five and six Harrison's salary balloons to $5.315 million, $6.32 million and $7.325 million, respectively.

In short, he makes over $550,000 per GAME. That's nearly $10,000 per minute! So, in effect, his lost wages equal to 10 minutes of work. Cry me a ****ing river.

7. Soundwave

Soundwave Phins Sympathizer..

Apr 15, 2008
    anyone who believes Harrison should have been fined for his hit on the Bills QB Fitzpatrick doesn't understand the game of football.

when you have players from other teams within Pitts DIVISION saying its BS, it becomes pretty self explanatory.

Tone_E likes this.
  8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The children angle is irrelevant. The key question is whether the hit deserved a fine. I don't think it deserved a penalty, much less a fine. And the fact that the fine was equivalent to an on field brawl is doubly ridiculous.

Soundwave likes this.
  9. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Whether the fine was warranted or not is a seperate issue. I have to sweat for a week or two if I have to fix my freaking car. Pay the fine and shut the hell up. Reminds me of Dennis Scott of the Magic *****ing out the kids in his basketball camp that parents paid good money for their kids to go to about how he was "ONLY" making 3 million or something like that.

The G Man likes this.
  10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    For a team supposed to be tough, the Steelers do an awful lot of whining these days.

11. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I agree with MPF and PB. For Tomlin to make a statement like that is a slap in the face of every hard working person just trying to survive and feed their families. Take it from someone who is currently unemployed. You give me one one hundredth of the money guys like Harrison are making, and I'd be a very happy camper. Not only would I pay the fines (equivalent to a speeding ticket) without whining, but I wouldn't squander my money away so I'd be broke later in life. I mean, how stupid can you be?! Can they not afford to hire a financial advisor?

This s**t is so f***ing skewed, it's ridiculous. And, how anyone could feel any sympathy for these guys with the outrageous amount of money they are making just blows my mind.