1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Williams is a wast of talent

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by #1dolphinsfan, Jan 3, 2008.

1. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    The guy is an amzing Athlete if he was to get Discipline he could be a Top WR in the NFL he has good hand when he trys has good speed so if we got some coach that could Discipline him and accualy get him to try in the nfl i wouldnt mind picking him up and see what he can do if he trys

2. Dominizzo

Dominizzo New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Waste of talent

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Infamous Mel Kiper underperformer.

He has size, decent body control, he just doesn't have "it".

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    yeah hes a waste of talent. I mean he just wouldn't listen to anyone and straighten out. Ever.

5. PhinFantic

PhinFantic New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    New Jersey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Williams_(wide_receiver)

I think that this has been discussed before. I don't know much about him, but I thought the Phins tried him out after the Raiders released himand I found this part interesting:

Tennessee Titans

Williams signed with the Tennessee Titans on November 22, 2007[4], reuniting him with former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow and running back LenDale White. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Williams weighed 271 pounds at the time of the signing - an unusually high weight for a wide receiver. Williams has had weight issues throughout his career, and some schools recruited him as a tight end out of high school. The Titans plan to use him as an H-back, hybrid position between a tight end and fullback. He was inactive for his first game with the team.

6. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Not the mike williams who plays WR for syracuse university though :)

Seriously if you can score 10 TD's as a sophomore on a team that went 2-10 you have to be a pretty good football player.

7. djfresh47

djfresh47 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think the year off from football killed his career. He's got talent he's just lazy. Unfortunately I don't know if he'll ever do anything.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Ron Swanson

Dec 11, 2007
    I feel bad for Williams in a way because one of my people (in this case, a judge) really messed him up. He should have been more careful about how he dealt with preparing to enter the draft, and I think the league really unfairly screwed he and the other guy (was that Clarett?) over who were told they could enter the draft but had that pulled out from under them.

At the same time, he and Matt Jones really both seem to have serious desire problems that have messed up what could have been nice careers. When you see a guy like Wes Welker outperform and then see those two underperform, it really makes you sick.

9. #1DoLfAnOKesh

#1DoLfAnOKesh New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    too bad...i thought he could succeed in oakland

10. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    he didnt play for Syracuse he played for USC

11. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Williams and Clarett got what they deserved.

What are you talking about? Neither Clarett, or Williams were told they could enter the draft by the NFL. The rule about being three-years removed from high school before entering the draft has been extant for decades. Clarett and Williams had character issues, neither wanted to be in college, and on the advice of self-aggrandizing agents and inept lawyers, they took their chances in court, and lost. Neither one of them had NFL-level talent.

12. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    No he is not an amazing athlete. Mike Williams has never possessed NFL talent, and he has never possessed a strong work ethic. Pete Carroll told Brent Musburger that Williams had neither the speed, or skills to play in the NFL. Then Musburger repeated this during a Rose Bowl telecast. That's an incredible admission from Williams' former coach. Williams was slow as molasses when he was in good shape. He doesn't even possess the sort of athleticism that Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, or Kellen Winslow does. Williams is what he is, an object lesson in poor NFL scouting. The Lions never asked Carroll his opinion of his own player, or they ignored it.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Ron Swanson

Dec 11, 2007
    A US District Court Judge ruled in their favor, and it took a ruling by the US Circuit Court of Appeals to reverse that. There was a window of time between those rulings when the duo appeared to have clearance to enter the draft. It would have been better to hedge their bets, but it really kind of sucks that the District Court Judge got it so wrong and they were the ones to pay for it.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    its sad to see him like this b/c he was a helluva talent with great size. only question about him was his work ethic and speed which stand out right now. he is basically a tight end with good hands. i thought he would be the next great receiver in this league but failed to impress everyone.

15. L.T.21

L.T.21 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Waste of roster spot