Minitab help please!

9 replies

dolfan32323dolfan32323New MemberOP
Apr 30, 2009, 09:58 PM

So, I am working on a project for my business stats class. I have to use minitab for the project. My project is based around basic regressions. I have found an acceptable regression equation:

regress c1 5 c3-c5 c19 c61.

For the next part of the project, I need to find the value for c1. I have all other data, and do not know how to use what I found before to get c1. Here is the report I got for the equation above. If anyone can help, please do! I am a loss.

Regression Analysis: CHEMP versus TAX, UNEMP, POP05, COLL, DEPLIB

The regression equation is
CHEMP = 3.28 - 0.000606 TAX - 0.775 UNEMP + 0.000004 POP05 + 0.279 COLL
+ 0.000030 DEPLIB

Predictor Coef SE Coef T P
Constant 3.282 1.641 2.00 0.051
TAX -0.0006064 0.0001199 -5.06 0.000
UNEMP -0.7754 0.1108 -7.00 0.000
POP05 0.00000364 0.00000074 4.90 0.000
COLL 0.27944 0.05347 5.23 0.000
DEPLIB 0.00003022 0.00002659 1.14 0.261

S = 1.20634 R-Sq = 90.5% R-Sq(adj) = 89.6%

Analysis of Variance

Source DF SS MS F P
Regression 5 750.07 150.01 103.08 0.000
Residual Error 54 78.58 1.46
Total 59 828.65

Source DF Seq SS
TAX 1 74.90
UNEMP 1 556.66
POP05 1 65.54
COLL 1 51.09
DEPLIB 1 1.88

Unusual Observations

Obs TAX CHEMP Fit SE Fit Residual St Resid
31 4895 11.200 8.585 0.312 2.615 2.24R
47 11673 10.700 11.075 0.947 -0.375 -0.50 X
48 13817 8.800 7.510 0.807 1.290 1.44 X

R denotes an observation with a large standardized residual.
X denotes an observation whose X value gives it large leverage.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Apr 30, 2009, 10:48 PM

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Apr 30, 2009, 10:50 PM

I failed business I'm not the right guy to ask.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
May 1, 2009, 09:54 AM

I know... it is confusing as heck, haha.

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
May 1, 2009, 04:42 PM

Good lord how can that ever be used in business? I thought the general rule of business was lie, cheat, steal, and repeat. :D

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
May 2, 2009, 01:17 PM

I figured out my problem. Somehow...

anlgpanlgpNew Member
May 2, 2009, 01:20 PM

"dolfan32323 wrote:

I figured out my problem. Somehow...

glad you could because i don't think i'd be way out of line in saying that there probably aren't that many active posters here who could.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
May 2, 2009, 02:17 PM

"anlgp wrote:

glad you could because i don't think i'd be way out of line in saying that there probably aren't that many active posters here who could.

I have faith in the motivation and intelligence of our posters here :wink2:

anlgpanlgpNew Member
May 2, 2009, 02:22 PM

"dolfan32323 wrote:

I have faith in the motivation and intelligence of our posters here :wink2:

so do i but not too many responded so that lead me to think that we don't know.

take sicks post for example that's how i felt.

i could be wrong obviously.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
May 2, 2009, 03:36 PM

"anlgp wrote:

so do i but not too many responded so that lead me to think that we don't know.

take sicks post for example that's how i felt.

i could be wrong obviously.

Haha I was kidding (somewhat). I knew the chances of someone knowing how to use that program was extremely low but I figured I'd post it anyways. In short, I agree with you. :up: