1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misi Pleads No Contest

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Oghma, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    Pandarilla likes this.
  2. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Doubt he will. First time offenders usually catch a break. Fingers crossed though.

3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    On one hand, the rational human being in me abhorrs what he did.

On the other hand it is awesome as **** that Koa Misi punched through a dude's door to kick his ***.

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I mean, IV is notorious to be a massive drunken party from UCSB kids, especially as its nears halloween time. What was he doing there during the bye week? He played at Utah and is from the Bay Area.. I guess he either knew people or went there specifically to party. Probably a bad choice.

I know these guys deserve time to kick it and do whatever on the bye week, after all it's their vacation, but c'mon koa. Philbin no likey

EDDDDIT: I didn't realize this was the incident from last April. Disregard. Still stoopid though

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    This would be his 2nd after the domestic violence charge, iiirc. Maybe that got dropped though?

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    wow, wtf... where have I been... didnt even know this happened?

Bpk likes this.
  7. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    you guys are making the same mistake i did I think.. this happened April 2011. He's just finally getting to the plea now

Bpk likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol...

Sssssinner.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    We really don't know how much of a douche the other guy was...Misi could of been enticed.or he or someone with him completely disrespected.

Lets hope this is more of a load off his chest and improves his focus...he's having a good year, like to see it get even better..I want to see him make some plays in the passing game, I know he can do it..

Bpk likes this.
  10. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    There is pretty much nothing that you can say that justifies someone punching down the door to your private residence and fracturing your orbital bone. This was a 19 yr old kid vs a NFL linebacker.

11. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Luckily he's already righted some of it and avoided jail for the rest.

We really don't know what happened or what provoked him other than the guy made "nasty comments" to his friends. Guy could have been disrespecting a female, using racial slurs, challenged him to come up there, who knows. I'm not justifying it. But sometimes when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Can you imagine the terror on that guy's face when the 250-pound NFL linebacker he'd talked **** to broke down the door to his apartment? :lol:

djphinfan likes this.
  12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah, what of those kids you speak of threw a bottle at them.?

13. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    yeah, that's an oh **** moment for sure.

Misi is lucky the guy didn't shoot him

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    There are plenty of things that could justify it. Now, guys talking **** isn't justification, but I'm not Jesus and I think always turning the other cheek can be wrong to. Sometimes when idiots step up, you need to stomp idiot asses.

djphinfan likes this.
  15. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Misi is 6' 3" and 251 LBS. What kind of idiot hurls insults at a guy that big?

I agree totally with Dis. What Koa did was dumb and I believe he should get suspended by the league and should have gotten punished more stiffly by the courts BUT punching open a door and then kicking the guys ***? That is something you see in a movie. Kind of awesome to be honest.

16. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I wouldn't go that far. If someone did anything to harm defensive family members and that persons whereabouts are known, I think something similar would happen the majority of the time.
    By no means am I saying that anything like this happened with Misi, just responding to your comment.
    With that being said, I would have to know what that 19 year old did before I pass judgement on Misi. Maybe Misi was protecting a young sister. Who knows? But I will also say there are plenty of reasons that people beat other people up, most of them are not justified though.

17. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    Then call the cops, that's assalt. You're not defending yourself if you have to punch out a door first.

**edit** Regardless, unless we are dealing with Harry Potter, one cannot throw a bottle with words.

18. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    That's idiotic. :tongue2: What do you mean by "stepping up"? There is a huge difference between someone yelling at you from a balcony and invading your personal space or touching you.

19. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007

I'm having a tough time understading the bolded. Are you disagreeing with my statement that nothing that anyone could "say" justifies that behavior, by coming up with a senerio where someone hurt a family member? You do understand the difference between speech and action right?

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Who cares, he lumped the dude up for being a dick..maybe he won't act like that anymore.

21. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    That Guy.

He's in decent shape. And after a few drinks decides he can take the biggest guy in the bar.

Or it was a d-bag kid with a false sense of security (in this case, an upstairs balcony). :lol:

- sent from my Android device via Tapatalk -

22. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    $42k plus all doctor bills paid for. I've had far worse, for far less. I'm not sure the lesson learned was the one you want.

And I imagine at a minimum Misi cares now; I know I will if he gets suspended. If Misi had ripped off some random players helmet and punched him out would you care then? Even if that player had said some really mean things? Part of the job is off the field behavior. That's in the CBA.

**edit** "far worse" is probably an exaggeration upon reflection.

23. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    That was suppose to say defenseless not defensive.
    I don't know if you knew the details of what that 19 year old did and your comment pertains to this story. I just read your statement and dissagreed with it. Because I can think of justifyable reasons to do what Misi did. But I don't know any of the details of what happened in this particular case. If I picked up a piece of paper that read your statement I was commenting to, I would dissagree with it. That's all I am saying.

24. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    And yes I even dissagree that there is not anything that someone could say that justifies Misi's actions. Sometimes sayings accompany actions. If you say, I raped your sister, I would do the same thing Misi did to you. But I agree if its just something someone said, like cussing someone out or something stupid like that, then its not justified.

25. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    Maybe you don't understand my comment then? I didn't say that there were no reasons to do it, just that none of those reasons are verbal insults.

26. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    That would be your choice, but you'd be wrong. Unless, I did rape your sister, but that act is justification with or without words. Now, if you said, "I'm going to rape your sister" and I believed you, I could see that being different. But, even if you never said that, and I thought you were going to rape my sister, I'd do the same. Point being it's your intent to rape, and not the words, that is the justification. Regardless, according to the article, that isn't what happened here.

27. Two Tacos

Nov 24, 2007
    Wow, I'm spending far too much time on this.

28. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I agree with this statement, but its not what your first statement said. I understand that's what you meant now.

29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    That's my point, most of us have lumped someone up when we were young for being disrespectful to us or someone we love..we don't know the true context, so what the hell are we doing..

Lets hope he takes his rage to the field..

30. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    There may be no legal defense to it, but to me, understanding of it depends on the size of the 19 year old kid and exactly what he said or did. Misi was obviously in a red rage. If what was done or said was likely to push a normal, reasonable person into a red rage, them all bets are off.

31. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Wow....

32. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    My first thought was that kid learned his lesson about running his mouth but then realized he will get a pretty good pay day out of this so the only thing I hope now is the next guy that gives him a beat down is broke.

33. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Misi is alright.