1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed reviews for Cowboys-turned-Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    link
    http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/556992.html

calphin and sws84 like this.
  2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Solid pick-ups at those positions are huge upgrades over what we had last year. I'll take that all day.

alen1, padre31 and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  3. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

yea, no kidding. we were horrible last year.:sad:

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Ferguson's a major upgrade and so is Fasano. But if healthy, Zach Thomas destroys Ayodele and apparently the actual Cowboys think so too. Solid guys but I'd rather we'd have kept Zach or signed him again at the Cowboys' rate.

calphin and alen1 like this.
  5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    You kind of hate saying things are looking up in fear of being wrong again after all that has happened the last few years. IMO things are definitely looking better and I am looking forward to this season.

6. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I guess the FO has moved Daniels back from safety to corner.

At safety there's Bell, Hill, Crocker and Jason Allen so there wasn't really any point putting Daniels at safety anyway. This should also mean Bell and Hill must be coming almost fully back from injuries.

Jones is no slouch as a back up corner. He did well against the Dolphins as nickel back last season.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
    calphin likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah the initial report was that Daniels would be moved to Safety but Ireland I believe came out and said they would see how he fairs at Corner.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No Regan, i've got to disagree, for me my biggest desire this offseason beyond a great draft was that Zach Thomas retired, I'm dead serious when I say that, I do not want to see a our best MLB and a complete class act leave the NFL and hit 40 and not recognize his own family.

I would hate to be the one responsible for putting him out on the field if that ever happened, I like Zach too much to see that happen to him like it has to other fmr NFL players like Haselrig and Waters.

No way....:no::no:

calphin and Dtronic like this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This is the upside for being a Parcell's guy, Unit Integrity, play hard and you are "in". That creates motivation to produce.

10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Well, Zach retiring would've been a very fine alternative for me but if he still has stuff left in the tank and can safely be the effective run-stuffer he is, I'd rather have him as a Dolphin than a Cowboy. It was Zach's decision to sign with the Cowboys rather than retire and only he knows himself so if he thinks he can keep playing then he'll play. And if the Cowboys medical staff thinks he can take it, then he has a good chance of taking it.

My ideal situation was we keep ZT for depth and coax him into coaching as a player-coach while backing up/rotating with a young drafted LB (like Dan Connor). Limits his chances of getting injured while still contributing.