1. Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    How are you guys feeling a month into the new season?

My Cubs could be tied for first place after tonight, and despite a rash of injuries and a terrible bullpen, are a fun team to watch so far this year, and have the best home record in baseball. We brought our number one prospect up (Pete Crow Armstrong) and he hit a homer for his first MLB hit today.

If they can ever get everyone healthy at the same time, I think we should put Bellinger in LF and make Happ the DH, where he can spell just about everyone other than catcher.

Boik14 likes this.
  2. Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The Mets are better then I thought they'd be. I had them pegged for a 95 loss season once Senga went down. I still want to see our young players up here and playing regularly as im more excited about them then a team whose ceiling is probably 81-83 wins.

Guys like Vientos need regular AB's and Butto and Scott should get regular turns through the rotation. When Drew Gilbert gets healthy (he was doing really well towards the end of last year and early this year) and Luisangel Acuna starts hitting consistently in AAA I want to see them up at the MLB level.

We have a bunch of players like Alonso, Severino, Manaea, JD Martinez, Bader, Quintana, Houser all in the last year of their contracts (Manaea has an option)...some of those can be traded. I'd like to hang on to JD because he's a good influence on the younger hitters. He already helped Pete with his swing and he's hitting better since he said something about a week ago to Pete about pulling off the ball.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  3. Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The Cubs have just been rocked by injuries at a constant rate this year, to the point that 57 games into the year, they've yet to field their #1 lineup a single time, or have their top five starting pitchers throw games in a row. Their healthiest player, Morel, has missed 12 games so far.

That, and the bull pen flat out sucks, which is not a surprise. The team is alive because three of the starting pitchers have an ERA of 1.61 or less, and that's with our ace Justin Steele missing all of April and coming back rusty off of the DL since then.

But, big picture, this was not expected to be a team that contended for the WS this season, and we have eight of the top 100 prospects in MLB, and another who was but was recently bumped down a little. To the extent that it will be interesting to see where they try to fit them into the lineup when the time comes. I like Bellinger, but he has an opt out in his contract after this year and they'll probably let him walk and promote from within.

Boik14 likes this.