1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB 2K9 vs. MLB The Show 2009: which are you buying?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by DrAstroZoom, Mar 3, 2009.

Tags:

Which baseball game will you be purchasing in 2009?

1. MLB 2K9

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. MLB The Show 2009

23 vote(s)
    69.7%
  3. I'm not interested in video baseball

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. finsmx

finsmx Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Force it.

Display settings, uncheck everything but 1080p, if you don't like how it looks then change your settings back.

2. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Just ordered The Show for $51, including shipping, at half.com. :woot:

3. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    TRU is having a deal buy one game and get $20 off any $39+ game

4. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i need a baseball game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I picked it up yesterday. I can't hit, I can't consistently hit the strike zone, the A's roster sucks, I can't run the bases and I've lost the first three games I've played in franchise mode by a grand total of 34 - 6....but it's still a blast. Good game.

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    You have to be a lot more patient with the hitting than you did in past games. If you can get good at laying off of trash and waiting for the pitches you want it will improve your hitting drastically.

7. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I've been playing for about a week. I started a franchise but after using it to get to know the game I restarted so I wasn't 2-21 anymore...LOL!

I'm .500 through 6 games. I can pitch now, it's also my favorite part of the game. I still have the odd bad inning when I give up 5 runs but other than that I hold them down pretty good. The bullpen is HUGE in this game. I've lost so many games because my bullpen will blow a lead for me.

I can run the bases now which is helpful...LOL!

My hitting is...well....sketchy. Like Muscle said, you HAVE to lay off the crap the computer will throw. The "guess pitch" option is brilliant and CAN help you hit. That said, I still go through the stretches of hitting nothing. I do seem to hit a lot better in the late innings.

The only issue I have with this game is how cheap the computer can be. It seems I ALWAYS make an error when the computer needs a base runner and they can ALWAYS manufacture a run when they need one where I have to go station to station (the A's roster is not helpful in this regard because there is no speed).

This is an unreal game though. Easily the best baseball game I've ever played and probably the best sports game I've ever played.

sking29 and Stitches like this.
  8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

If you can correctly guess a changeup that lands in the strike zone you can completely crush it 9 out of 10 times. I used to sit on fastball all the time but I've started doing this a little. Usually if I get two or three fastballs in a row I'll look changeup. They'll throw more changeups in the zone than you would think they would. At least on the medium difficulty.