1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mock draft 5.0: Ripple effect of the McNabb deal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Mock draft 5.0: Ripple effect of the McNabb deal
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817560ca&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

2. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    we stand a better chance of drafting a DE than a DT in rd 1 .... this regime very much likes DEs ... even though it isn't a 'true' area of need this year.

Don't see how McNabb changes anything in the Phin camp ... maybe it even improves our chances of trading down ...

outside of the luke warm chances of Bryant .... we aren't likely to pick anything but OLB, S at whatever position we end up at in rd 1.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To me, the real effect of the trade is that the Eagles have leaped ahead of the Dolphins #2 pick #43, meaning if we were looking at say Jimmie GRaham the Eagles could snatch him up.

And they are in the market for a FS and passrushing DE as well, meaning they have position on us now.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    The trade has NOTHING to do with some speculating us picking Seerrrrrghiooooo

I will proceed to shave my leggs with a cheeze grater if indeed we do.......

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think there is going to be plenty of surprises in store for us on Draft Day Az.

There will be plenty of long faces no matter who they draft.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Probably true.

I can honestly say, there are maybe 10 people I would be alright with us picking at the 12 spot.... maybe 1/2 of those are realistic as Berry, and Suh and a few others will be off the board.....

Of those remaining 5-7, Seerrgggghiooooo isnt anywhere near the list.......:pity:

padre31 likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Too true, what I've come to realize is Ireland does better later in the draft and with UDFA's which is why I'm really looking forward to day 3 of the draft.

I don't know if you've met anyone like that AZ, they can have a pocket full of money to go shopping, but their main purchases are very very safe, but they can accessorize unbelievably well.

That is a product of a determination not to make a mistake that could be expensive, Wanny was alot like that, but Ireland can find the needle in the haystack something Wanny never could do.

azfinfanmang likes this.