1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mock Draft Forum

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Apr 26, 2011.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Hey guys! My buddies and I noramlly all put together a 1st round Mock drafts and submit them before the draft starts. I wanted to start a thread here where we could do the same. Here is how my friends and I score it:

10 points = Correct player at the correct pick
    (ex. I have Carolina picking Cam Newton, and it subsequently happens)
    5 points = Correct player to team, but at a different pick
    (ex. I have Carolina picking Newton, however in the real draft they trade down and still take him)
    3 points = Having a player mocked within 1 selection of where he is actually drafted
    (ex. I have Marcell Dareus mocked to Denver at #2 and either Carolina takes him at #1 or Buffalo takes him at #3)
    1 point = Correct round for player
    (ex. If I have a player mocked in the first round and he goes in the first round)

You only get the highest point category for each pick. Say I mock Cam Newton to Carolina and he is taken by them I only get 10 points (instead of 10 for the correct pick + 1 for the correct round....etc). It is a lot of fun and we normally put like $5.00 into a pool for the winner to get (Obviously we wouldn't bet on here, I just was saying). I just wanted to start a thread on here where we could have everyone post their mock draft and see who ends up with the highest score at the end of the draft. The last rule is you have to submit your mock draft before the 1st selection is made on Thursday.

I already have my mock draft completed, but I am going to wait to post it for now so no one can steal my picks; feel free to post yours now if you'd like though. Good luck everyone!!

2. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Edit: didn't last year someone do a thing like this on thephins.com where the people with the 3 most correct picks got free club level subscriptions?

3. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I might make some tweaks here and there, but for the most part this is my mock:
    1. Carolina – QB Cam Newton
    2. Denver – Marcell Dareus
    3. Buffalo – Von Miller
    4. Cincinnati – AJ Green
    5. Arizona – Patrick Peterson (Trade)
    6. Cleveland – Robert Quinn
    7. San Francisco – Prince Amukamara
    8. Tennessee – Blaine Gabbert
    9. Dallas – JJ Watt
    10. Washington – Julio Jones
    11. Houston – Aldon Smith
    12. Minnesota – Nick Fairley
    13. Detroit – DaQuan Bowers
    14. St. Louis – Corey Liuget
    15. Miami – Ryan Mallett
    16. Jacksonville – Ryan Kerrigan
    17. New England – Tyron Smith
    18. San Diego – Cameron Jordan
    19. New York Giants – Mike Pouncey
    20. Tampa Bay – Jimmy Smith
    21. Kansas City – Gabe Carmini
    22. Indianapolis – Nate Solder
    23. Philadelphia – Akeem Ayers
    24. New Orleans – Adrian Clayborn
    25. Seattle – Jake Locker
    26. Baltimore –Brandon Harris
    27. Atlanta – Torrey Smith
    28. New England – Muhammad Wilkerson
    29. Chicago – Derek Sherrod
    30. New York Jets – Phil Taylor
    31. Pittsburgh – Danny Watkins
    32. Green Bay – Cameron Heyward

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'll do it, to get it going. Changed it a little from my first one. I will grade both myself. :lol:

1. Carolina - Cam Newton
    2. Denver - Patrick Peterson
    3. Bills- Marcell Dareus
    4. Cincinnati - AJ Green
    5. Arizona - Blaine Gabbert
    6. Cleveland - Julio Jones
    7. San Francisco - Von Miller
    8. Titans - Nick Fairley
    9. Dallas - Tyron Smith
    10. Washington - Jake Locker
    11. Houston - Robert Quinn
    12. Minnesota - Ryan Mallett
    13. Detroit - Prince Amukamara
    14. St. Louis - Corey Liuget
    15. Miami - Mike Pouncey
    16. Jacksonville - Ryan Kerrigan
    17. New England - Cameron Jordan
    18. San Diego - JJ Watt
    19. Giants - Anthony Castonzo
    20. Tampa Bay - Aldon Smith
    21. KC - Phil Taylor
    22. Indianapolis - Derek Sherrod
    23. Philadelphia - Jimmy Smith
    24. New Orleans - Marvin Austin
    25. Seattle - Danny Watkins
    26. Baltimore - DaQuan Bowers
    27. Atlanta - Torrey Smith
    28. New England - Gabe Carimi
    29. Chicago - Nate Solder
    30. NYJ - Brooks Reed
    31. Pittsburgh - Cameron Heyward
    32. Green Bay - Muhammed Wilkerson

Could change but unlikely lol.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Here is mine.

1. Carolina Panthers- QB Cam Newton....I feel like CAR needs to generate some excitment, yes the DL is average and NEEDS some help but I feel the Panthersgo with a QB.

2. Denver Broncos-DT Marcell Dareus....This pick just makes too much sense imo, I think the Broncos of all the top 5 teams wants to trade down but if they stay this is the pick.

3. Buffalo Bills-CB Patrick Peterson....Curveball. Buffalo is in the AFC East and while their secondary is not a weak point adding PP can make up for a poor pass rush. Von is the popular pick here but i think Buffalo likes Merriman more than alot of people.

4. Cinncinnati Bengals-DT Nick Fairley....AJ Green is an elite prospect, but the Bengals have talent at WR good enough to win games. I fully expect them to try to shop Palmer in this draft and get a Dalton or Kapernick in the early 2nd.

5. Arizona Cardinals-LB Von Miller....The Cardinals are the happiest team in the building, a need and the BPA are available. They have some over the hill dinosaurs at OLB and Miller starts day 1.

6. Cleveland Browns-WR AJ Green...The Browns need some 4-3 personnel but WR is a need also and having Green fall to them is a pleasant suprise. With that OL, Hillis, and McCoy developing the Browns offense may be turning around.

7. San Francisco 49ers- CB Prince Amukamara....I had a REAL tough time not giving them Gabbert but I think Harbaugh will want to make a run at Andrew Luck next year as unlikely as it may be. SF needs a good young CB with Clements on the backside of his career.

8. Tennessee Titans-QB Blaine Gabbert....The Titans need to put Vince Young far in the rear view mirror and Gabbert does that. They have some really nice young weapons on that offense to help Gabbert become a franchise QB.

9. Dallas Cowboys-OT Tyron Smith....Jurree will try and wheel and deal down imo but if they stay here I expect them to try to protect Tony Romo for once. Smith is athletic and a very strong T.

10. Washington Redskins-WR Julio Jones....This team is a disaster. What position are they "set" at because i cant think of any. TE maybe? Moss is still decent but wont be in Washington long imo, Julio could be what they HOPED Devin Thomas was.

11. Houston Texans-DE/OLB Robert Quinn....Wade Phillips is in town with his 3-4, alot of people think Quinn couldve been the #1 overall pick if it wasnt for a MINOR issue with an agent that got him suspended for the season. With Wade in town the Texans defense is gonna get alot better fast.

12. Minnesota Vikings- CB Jimmy Smith....I think the Vikes are going to make a run at a veteran like McNaab meanwhil letting Joe Webb mature another season. They are in a division with Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler. Winfield is still playing at a high level but is in his mid to late 30's.

13. Detroit Lions-OT Anthony Costanzo....This team is up and coming with playmakers all over the offense and a budding star at QB. Costanzo is a solid "safe" pick that is an instant upgrade. Backus is a dinosaur and Gosder has been average at best.

14. St Louis Rams- DT Corey Luiget....The Rams have some nice talent on offense that really just needs to get healthy. Luiget provides an instant impact player to go with the young defense.

15. Miami Dolphins- QB Ryan Mallett....Its time the Dolphins make drafting a QB a priority. Mallet has all the necessary tools can make all the throws and as long as his mother wasnt a prostitute I think Ireland pulls the trigger.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Aldon Smith....Back to square one as the Jags have tried hard to upgrade the DE position. Kampman couldnt stay on the field and Harvey has been a joke. I think Smith is the answer JAX has been looking for.

17. New England Patriots- DE JJ Watt....Watt is a relentless blue collar player who will disrupt teams with his athletic ability and high motor. He fits the mold.

18. San Diego Chargers- DE Ryan Kerrigan....The Chargers have to fill the void left by Merriman and those of us who were high on Larry English have some egg on our face (I was one of them).

19. New York Giants- OT Gabe Carimi....Eli was murdered last season and the Giants offense is far to good to be handicapped by poor OL play.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- DE DaQuan Bowers....Yes I have him dropping and IMO it has alot to do with his knee. The potential though is worth the risk at 20.

21. Kansas City Chiefs- DE Cameron Jordan....Versatile player with experince in a 3-4 scheme, KC can afford to go BPA and IMO that is Cam.

22. Indianapolis Colts- OT Nate Solder....Rushers were getting to Manning alot more than usual last year, I dont know if the sack #'s were up but I saw him take alot of hits.

23. Philedlphia Eagles- OG Mike Pouncey....I think Philly wants to move up becuase they are a win NOW team and have some ammo. Not a bad consilation prize in Pouncey.

24. New Orleans Saints-DE Adrian Clayborn.... If they want to beat the Packers they better get to Aaron Rodgers, Clayborn on the other side of Will Smith. Grant is declining and NO already added Shuan Rogers (who thrived in the 4-3) to go along with Sedrick Ellis and their DL is just WOW.

25. Seattle Seahawks- QB Jake Locker....Pete has seen Lockers physical attributes up close, I think he will try to "save" the player who last season couldve went #1 overall.

26. Baltimore Ravens- CB Brandon Harris....The Ravens draft another player from the 'U' and he will play early imo in Baltimore where the CB play has been horrible.

27. Atlanta Falcons- DE Justin Houston....The Falcons are strong in alot of areas and need to bolster their pass rush imo.

28. New England Patriots- DT Phil Taylor....Pats get deeper on DL add Wilforks replacement.

29. Chicago Bears- CB Aaron Williams....Another team that needs some DB's to compete with the air attack in GB. Its been a long time since the Bears have had a solid CB. Williams has the experince in a passing conference.

30. New York Jets- DE Muhammed Wilkerson.....That VAUNTED Jets defense is actually pretty average talent wise along the front 7 if you ask me, Wilkerson could fit in very nicely.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG Danny Watkins....Pitt drafted a stud in Pouncey last season and they are happy to add yet another Mauler.

32. Green Bay Packers- DE Cameron Heyward....A steal at this point imo and a need for a Packer team that loses Cullen Jenkins perhaps.

6. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    This mock is killing me!! I can't study for my finals lol.

I think the biggest thing in this draft boils down to what the Browns and Cardinals do. I like my picks 1-8, but I don't know where the Cowboys will go with pick number 9. I think they have telegraphed the Tyron Smith thing too much so I doubt thats the pick. I also can't see Fairley dropping that fair as in my mock... And I wonder if the Skins or Vikings go with a QB.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Thats whats awesome about the draft bro!

IMO the Skins have a better chance of going QB than Minny, at about Tennessee my nerves will start racking hoping we atleast get the chance to turn in the card for Ryan Mallett.

8. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    So I worked on this one for an hour too:
    1. Carolina – QB Cam Newton
    2. Denver – Marcell Dareus
    3. Buffalo – Von Miller
    4. Cincinnati – AJ Green
    5. Arizona – Patrick Peterson (Trade)
    6. Cleveland – Robert Quinn
    7. San Francisco – Prince Amukamara
    8. Tennessee – Blaine Gabbert
    9. Dallas –Nick Fairley
    10. Washington – Jake Locker
    11. Houston – Aldon Smith
    12. Minnesota – Julio Jones
    13. Detroit – Tyron Smith
    14. St. Louis – Corey Liuget
    15. Miami – Ryan Mallett
    16. Jacksonville – Ryan Kerrigan
    17. New England –JJ Watt
    18. San Diego – Cameron Jordan
    19. New York Giants – Mike Pouncey
    20. Tampa Bay – DaQuan Bowers
    21. Kansas City – Gabe Carmini
    22. Indianapolis – Nate Solder
    23. Philadelphia – Jimmy Smith
    24. New Orleans –Muhammad Wilkerson
    25. Seattle – Adrian Clayborn
    26. Baltimore –Brandon Harris
    27. Atlanta – Torrey Smith
    28. New England – Mark Ingram
    29. Chicago – Derek Sherrod
    30. New York Jets – Phil Taylor
    31. Pittsburgh – Danny Watkins
    32. Green Bay – Cameron Heyward

9. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I guess I'll pick which one I like better in the AM and just roll with that one.

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah I don't think my picks are changing barring last second crap I can think of.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    1. Carolina - Cam Newton
    2. Denver - Von Miller
    3. Bills- Marcell Dareus
    4. Cincinnati - AJ Green
    5. Arizona - Patrick Peterson
    6. Cleveland - Julio Jones
    7. San Francisco - Blaine Gabbert
    8. Titans - Nick Fairley
    9. Dallas - Tyron Smith