1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mocking 2 cents

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by my 2 cents, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    have at it..there are many out there so I give my first pre FA guess mock..... I think we land Dansby...you cannot fix all holes this year..but we are a whole hell of a lot closer than 2 years ago.....

Since there a few of these out there and I have watched some film lately….I will give my early guess mock……..Dolphin focused after first 12, and things can change…but here is my thinking early…I think the Dolphins go hard after Dansby, will always want value out of their top pick and would like to trade down but the odds are always against that …….

1. St. Louis: Suh
    2. Detroit: McCoy
    3. Tampa: Berry
    4. Washington: Claussen
    5. Kansas City: Okung
    6. Seattle: Bradford
    7. Cleveland: Haden
    8. Oakland: Davis
    9. Buffalo: Campbell
    10. Jax: JPP
    11. Denver: Bryant
    12. Dolphins…IMO they wanted Morgan or Bryant to fall to them best “other” values at 12 are not at “need” positions and some other need positions have some targets lateer and are deeper generally……pick is DERRICK MORGAN DE/OLB Ga. Tech.

Round 2. Brandon Spikes….I think they look at NT but Spikes is a football player and there are some other positions out there but Spikes has good value here despite his probably timing pedestrian at the combine. IMO you debate Morgan Burnett, Cody, Lafelle, Hughes and Damian Williams here but go for the best player…pick is Brandon Spikes.

Round 3. I have a hunch that we pick a back in this draft…Brown coming off injury and gets nicked, Ricky is 50 whatever, Cobbs coming off injury and Hilliard is more effective asearly down back and lacks some skills without the ball…..I also think this is around the spot for another football player…pick is Toby Gerhardt.

Round 4. Another place to go many positions…lots of people here like the other guy Brandon Lang…personally I think Cam Sheffield is more athletic…….pick is Cam Sheffield

Round 5…none…hopefully we pick one up somewhere in the draft….

Round 6 (3 picks): so many choices that anything here is more guess than the above if that is possible……so…….Al Woods nt LSU/ Micah Johnson lb Kentucky/D. Epps te Miami…Woods is a bit miscast and has skills, Johnson is stiff but can be an effective early down LB, Epps is the most vertical of the TE’s that would be left around this spot..

Round 7 (3 picks including probable compensatory: see round 6…….Chris Scott g/t Tennessee /Kelton Tindal wr Newberry/Michael Greco ss UCF…Scott is versatile and is a pretty darn good player, Tindal is a speed guy that no one knows much about other than he is big and can run…really run…..Greco is a QB convert that I actually saw film of and I think is instinctive at safety and I would like to see the Phins give a flyer to…..

A few guys look draftable that will probably end up PFA that I personally like some upside they have…Armani Edwards wr App/ J’Marcus Webb W. Texas A/M/ Antonio Coleman lb Auburn/Ryan Wolfe wr UNLV and qb Harrison Beck Northern Alabama; Beck is particularly interesting in that he was probably a top 3-5 “pro style” QB coming out of Clearwater Countryside HS and committed to Nebraska, …he got thrown to the wolves at Nebraska and buried as a 18 yo……he bounced back to play better in the ACC and his stats are better than decent at UNA…he has he has a huge….. a HUGE arm and bounced around a bit NC St. and ended up at Northern Alabama….I saw some you tubes and his arm still jumps up and slaps you, he has decent mechanics from “you tubes” and he actually had decent stats as far as TD/INT and accuracy, he is definitely a long shot and a skills rather than production guy but ,,,,,, damn that arm…..and he is 6-2 to 6-3…..

gafinfan and padre31 like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly along my lines of thinking, especially with no Dansbry.

Though if Jimmie Graham is on the board at #76 we will draft him, we may draft him at #43, Ireland scouted J Witten and he may see the same type of player in Graham.

And I love the Micah Johnson pick, if he "gets' the NFL game imho he could play for years in the right scheme.

A UDFA I'd look at would be Boris Lee.

FWIW (and not wishing to start another thread, here are the small college guys D Jeremiah is picking to put up some numbers at the Combine):

Imho that is too short of a list but it is a good start.

3. my 2 cents

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Yeah...it is so hard to get DVD's of some of these teams........

but watching some old games looking for guys that flash....Michael Greco really jumped out at me when I saw a game (i think it was Buffalo)........he did not look like an ex QB playing safety.....and he knocked the snot out of a couple guys......and looked very instinctive.....

Webb was a top 50 rivals guy committed to OU and Texas ...in the same week.....a knucklehead but he bounced back had a couple great years at a "small" school and looked great in the Cactus Bowl.

Kelton Tindal we have discussed a bit...I do not know if he can play but he timed 4.24 and is 6-2, 200... I would find out.................I do have a friend that says he timed at 4.3 on a track in SC and that is not a Juan Heron legend .........

Harrison Beck is the biggest knucklehead of the all...even Lamarcus Coker.....he was an immature smart *** that had his teammates wanting to kick the crap out of him, pouted and left Nebraska, and NC State ran him out of town...he has way too much confidence in his arm and throws interceptions in waves....BUT...the kid has an absolute cannon, can move around, and is 6-3...if he grows up then he could surprise some folks...he was after all competing with Mark Sanchez in most camps coming out of HS...and when you get past the top 4 evfen down to the Zac Robinson's of the world...none have Becks arm...that is the plus....also none have Becks attitude...that is the bad.......just watching this guy...no way I draft him but i would want to see him and see if he could mature...this is not Ryan Leaf here going from 23 to 26...this is an 18yo hopefully growing up.....

padre31 likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If I had to throw a mock together at this moment, I'm not sure how many small college guys I'd put into it My02.

Thinking back to 08 even when we had the #1 pick in every rd the only small college cat we took with a high pick was Kendall Langford and he was clearly a NFL prospect (he made the jump from the Shrine to Senior Bowl something I don't believe happened to a single player this year).

Now if Ireland takes a "Sunday is a new draft" approach I can think of several players we would take with those 5 picks(?).

I'd take, Danny Batten, Terrel Hudgins (Wr Elon) Terrel Whitehead, Sean Lessimore and John Fletcher.

Batten played everywhere from DT to ILB, Fletcher did the same but put up better numers, Whitehead has great speed at Safety, Lessimore is overlooked at William and Mary at NT and Hudgins has great size at Wr.

Fletcher and Batten intrigue me tbh about it, Fletcher is a stout 6'6 and Batten is just a football player.

All small college or from colleges not known for placing guys in the NFL.

Talked to a CFL scout about Tsoumpas about whether or not he could make the jump to the NFL, he mentioned in the CFL it is much more about footwork and Stump was a Day 1 starter type who basically opened the door for back to back 1,000 yd rushers.

He had to be politic talking about it though but I got his meaning.

my 2 cents likes this.
  5. my 2 cents

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Hudgins is the only one I have seen and I was not impressed other than the guy will go get any ball he thinks is his vertically...but not much aside from that......but I had had a cocktail or 34......

6. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Raiders, Cleveland, Jax and Denver might be willing to consder a 1st rd swap. Not likely, you never know. Gin sent to Cleveland intrigues ne, but they just loaded up on WRs and they already have a great KR in Joshua Cribs. Al Davis- you never know, but he just pverpaid for WR speed last year in his reach for DHB.