1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mocking Combine Warriors in the 1st Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ckparrothead, Feb 17, 2012.

1. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    After the combine... I suspect he'll be going back and watching a little more film on JRob...

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He said he was definitely going to. Also said he asked a few team scouts what they thought about JRob and all concurred, in that the combine showing didn't jibe with what their scouting reports said, so they would be going back and watching more film on him too.

3. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I dont know if he plays with the speed/explosiveness of the fastest player in the draft. But when watching him play, speed/explosion certainly are not lacking, lol...

4. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I will say that AJ Green was unable to get behind him when they faced off last year... and he got behind plenty of NFL CB's this season...

5. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Kiper also seems to like him...

6. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    As a UCF student I have had the pleasure of watching Robinson that last couple years. Yes, he did shut down AJ Green for the most part and he is a hell of a CB. He can run with anyone and always does a good job of making plays on the ball. He occasionally would have "lapses" were he would play off a WR for a play and get beat for a big play. That normally happened towards the third to fourth quarter when he was playing a much lesser WR and seemed to get bored out there. Occasionally, it almost looked like he would try to "bait" QBs into throwing his way so he could make a play on the ball. He is surprisingly a very good tackler and likes to hit (if only Sean Smith had Josh Robinson's attitude). He always tries to make plays and always seemed super competitive to me. He wasn't good at returning punts or kicks; he made far too many poor choices.

I could see him as a mid 2nd rounder. He could be the perfect CB to guard those quick, fast, agile slot receivers because he can keep up with them AND can tackle one on one.

djphinfan and FinNasty like this.
  7. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    I disagree about the returner aspect. He had some poor decision making back there the first couple of games this season and got pulled from the duty. But then, his replacements kept making the SAME exact mistakes (ala the BYU game). Thats coaching man. How our ST's coach is still employed is beyond me.

He was 4th in the country in PR average in 2010...

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't know if Robinson is good or not but I have been pretty intrigued with Josh Linam.

FinNasty likes this.
  9. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Sounds like Mayock has really warmed up to Josh Robinson after going back and watching more film on him…

10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Poster child for the workout warrior, I guess. They say the Combine doesn't matter, well this guy was a mid rounder before the Combine and now he's a guy that Mayock doesn't see any way gets out of the 1st round.

11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is because people are fools. Of course the combine matters. There is a problem with drafting completely from combine results, however to discount the combine because they are running in shorts is just as stupid.

12. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Maybe. Although, it sounds more to me like Mayock hadnt watched much film on him at all to begin with and just lazily gave him a generic mid-round grade since hes from a "small school"... if hes just going back and seeing the Southern Miss and BYU games for the first time (2 of our biggest games last year). And after he turned some heads at the combine, he went back and actually started watching film on him and came away impressed. UCF doesnt get a whole lot of national attention, even though us in Florida are more familiar wth the program...

13. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    All I want is to draft coples at 8, fleener with our second and trade back into the second for Harrison smith.. Take flynn and hope that adding 4 starters this year will help us back onto the horse