1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday night's task could take toll on Miami Dolphins' Yeremiah Bell

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1242362.html

This is one thing that bothers me. I know Bell is a good tackler and solid against the run. Now, we sign G. Wilson, but his strength is also tackling and stopping the run. What we really needed, IMO, was a FS whom can cover. We saw how when we went up against receivers like Fitz, Boldin, A. Johnson, etc, that our safties gave absolutely no support to the CBs with covering those guys. It used to frustrate the hell out of me. That is a position which we seriously need to upgrade, IMO. That's why "Peyton to R. Wayne" and "Peyton to D. Clarke" scares me a bit.

I think we can take them, but I think we have to get more creative with our blitz packages, which, IMO, has been a bit vanilla. You can't give Peyton time. We have to get to Peyton!! JT has a bit if experience in that dept.;)
    Yikes! Like we weren't thin enough at that position. I hope Torbor makes the most of his opportunity.

late again likes this.
  2. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Reggie Wayne will probably see a lot of double teams. Bell is a good cover safety. Bell should be able to manage Clarke. I mean manage as in hold him down to a reasonable game. Crowder could be matched up against Clarke at times not Torbor or Ayodele. Torbor has really improved a great deal in a 3-4 ILB role. I think if he does replace Ayodele people would be surprised to see him step up and do well.

3. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Sorry but you must see something that I don't because Bell is good against the run but a GOOD cover safety...NO NO NO NO

Sceeto likes this.
  4. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I agree with what you're saying except that, Bell is not a good cover safety. His strength is tackling and run support. I think the lack of having a really good cover safety is a major weakness on this team and a position that has to be addressed in the future.