1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Embarrassing Loss: Colts of Phins?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Oct 24, 2011.

More embarrassing Loss

1. Dolphins

53.2%
  2. Colts

46.8%
  1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The two leaders in the suck it for Luck race. Miami blows a seemingly insurmountable lead against a Timmothy Tebow led band of merry ****heads or the Colts get rolled up on 62-7. Which is more embarrassing?

2. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'll take my beloved Miami Dolphins. Tebow looked like he couldn't complete a pass if his life depended on it first 3 quarters and Miami lets him roll back for 18 unanswered. Everyone suspected the Dolts would be steamrolled.

3. SRM

SRM New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Fins. The Tebow love will be all over ESPN for weeks. On top of that there was the whole thing honoring him at our stadium.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    The colts were playing the elite recent super bowl winning saints. We had the crappy broncos with TIM TEBOW at the helm.
    'Nuff said.

5. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Add to that our brilliant coach had zero reason to go for 2 after the TD with over a quarter left to play. If he had simply taken an extra point the Dolphins stumble into a win.

6. KingofMiami

KingofMiami FINS ARE KING

Jan 29, 2010
    miami fl
    Umm dolphins. No one sucks more than us

7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Objectively, I gotta say the Colts!! I mean, yea sure they don't have Petyon Manning, but just how much of their defense has really changed since they faced the Saints in the Super Bowl a couple of years back? You mean they couldn't slow down Brees at all???? Seems to me they held him pretty close in the Super Bowl....and it's still relatively the same defense that Brees faced.

Miami and Denver was such a low scoring fiasco that a Pick 6 could have instantly changed that game.

8. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    Peyton Manning kept the defense off the field that defense was built to play with the lead and just rush the passer off the edge. Dolphins had to have a perfect **** storm to lose that game that you probably can't even pull off in madden.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  9. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Okay, let me tell you why I don't buy that argument.

Coin Toss: Colts win the toss and elect to receive First possession of the game

Colts on offense, Saints on defense. Saints make the Colts go 3 and out
    Saints on offense, Colts on defense. Colts defense has to hold the Saints....they HAVE to. It's their job.

Or...

Coin Toss: Saints win the toss and elect to receive. First possession of the game.

Saints on Offense, Colts on defense. Colts defense has to hold the Saints...even if Peyton Manning is on the sideline. They can't just lay down and say, "it's ok Peyton will come on the field and score" Even if that was the silly case, the Saints would always be one score up!! Defense has to step up and do their job!

This silly notion that a team in the Super Bowl 2 years ago can't hold a team because their QB is out for the season is flat out garbage, especially when that same defense was ranked in the top 10 if my memory servs me correctly.

A team is a TEAM and can't fall apart if one man goes down. The rest of the TEAM has to be able to carry out the mission. Your argument suggests they aren't the Indianapolis Colts, but the Indianapolis Manning

10. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Dolphins was worse.

Up 15 with 3 minutes left. And lose the game to a 1 win Broncos team. The first time in NFL history that a team has had a 15 point lead with 3 minutes left and lost the game.

The Colts just got spanked by a Super Bowl contender. Dolphins loss was worse.

11. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    The Colts Defense is used to having a Peyton Manning led offense that doesn't go 3 and out every time they get the ball. Defensive players can get a lot of rest when your offense is out there driving down the field and winning the time of possession battle. They can't rush the passer all day if they are gassed and out of breath because they are stuck on the field.

12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    the flaw in your argument is that:
    1) you're assuming this is the same defense from 2 years ago. they are a shell of their former selves, which wasn't even that good 2 years ago. they are older, more injured...
    2) yes, it's their job to stop the Saints. how many people have been able to do that this season? If it wasn't for Aaron Rodgers having one of the best seasons in history, everyone would be talking Drew Brees for MVP.
    3) the entire Colts team has been getting worse every single season since they won the superbowl several years ago. the viewpoint you should be taking is that Manning/Wayne/Clark are the only reasons this team was still winning games. they went to superbowl 2 years ago riding those three guys, and mostly Manning.

13. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The Colts defense really sucks .They cant stop anyone .Manning could at least make up for that defficiency by outscoring opponents.

I have to think the Colts have to be favorites for SFL.Even if Manning comes back from injuries I doubt they will play him .

14. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    no, the colts still play a bunch of bad teams.

Denver was miami's EASIEST game left. i dont see a single win left for us.

15. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Any self respecting Dolphin fan sees that 62-7 score and immediately starts having flashbacks to 1999.

These types of regular season losses are embarrassing; neither one will have a huge impact to the franchise in the long run. For those types of really awful losses you have to have this type of performance in a game that matters - or in the playoffs.

That said, I think Indy recovers from this loss, at least they should, where I anticipate a bit of a hang-over when Miami plays the Giants next week. A flat out whooping you can kind of put behind you, chalk it up to awful luck, forget about it, and move on. A collapse sticks with you, a constant reminder that you choked and couldn't get the job done.

That said, the original question wasn't which loss will impact the team more, but which was more embarrassing. That's easy. As a fan blowout losses are never easy to take, even when your team is missing key parts. Give me a close game that we lose any day over a blowout - they are way more exciting to watch.

Paul 13 and MonstBlitz like this.
  16. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    If anybody thinks a one point loss is worse than 62-7 just remember how you felt after Jimmy Johnsons last game.They both suck in there own way though.

17. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Colts, I can recall in 07 being tied with the Jest as the game wound down, kicked the ball off, all we had to do was tackle Leon Washington and we go to overtime..he either got the ball into FG range, or housed it for a TD.

But the fact I cannot recall which, but do recall the 62-7 spanking in 99, and the 50 pt Patriots blowout of the Titans in 09, sort of tells me blowout losses are far more memorabe and thusly embarassing.

18. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The question wasn't which loss was worse....the question was which loss was more embarassing.

Losing a game is one thing, but to get beat....the way we got beat in Jacksonville in the playoffs???

THAT'S embarassing

19. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    That was a playoff game.

Colts are a winless team playing against the Saints, super bowl champions just a few years ago and super bowl contenders this season.

We broke a record today with our suckiness. No team in NFL history had given up a 15 pt lead with only 3 mins left to lose the game. And it was against a really bad Broncos team.

I would not be embarrassed if the Saints or the Packers whooped up on our winless team 62-7 cause we suck. What happened yesterday vs the Broncos was historically pathetic.

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  20. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Look at the stats from the Colts game. Their defense was humiliated. The Saints could have scored over 70 if they wanted to. The Saints are very good, but let me know the next time they score over 40. The Colts defense makes the Pats D look like the 85 Bears.

-Ed-
    sent from my EVO 3D

21. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Our game by far. Getting blown out in regular season with your star QB out sucks, but its understandable.

What happened yesterday in S Fla is just embarassing. No 2 ways about it. Absolutely pathetic.

22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    The Dolphins....

who the **** loses at home, up 15, with a Mike Nolan defense.....with 2:35 to go against Tim Tebow?!!? The Dolphins, that's who. And it's embarassing as ****.

Oh and we gave Tim Tebow a handjob at halftime cause he is a former gator.......in the Hurricanes stadium.

How quaint.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  23. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    What exactly did our D make the '11 Broncos look like?????

:tantrum:

Colts could lose every game and their out will always be, well, we lost Peyton Manning from day 1.

Dolphins have no such out...we are horrible regardless of who's on the field or not! We beat ourselves....as we did yesterday....Colts are getting beat. Big difference.

24. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    Dolphins. Had the game won but **** happens.

25. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Can we change that cliche saying to

"Dolphins happened" ?

Like, say this..... "My wife cheated on me.....but what can you do? Dolphins happens...."

26. Shoes

Shoes Junior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami 0-16
    Colt 0-16

Who gets the chance at Luck?

27. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    SoS% will determine....we want to lowest SoS % (meaning we want our opponents to win fewer games than Colts opponents on their schedule) at the end of the regular season with all tied teams for wins...whether thats ZERO wins, or 1 Win!

MonstBlitz likes this.
  28. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    It's all a matter of perspective and opinion so I won't tell anyone they are wrong for either opinion.

Myself and another dolphins fan were at the Superdome last night for the game. The Colts fans didn't seem that embarrassed. Just saddened. And yes, my buddy and I both remembered the Jags game during the loss, but I remember feeling more sad than embarrassed after that game as well. But when choke away a win in hysterically bad fashion complete with awful coaching and an absolute meltdown in performance, IMHO, it's much more embarrassing than a blowout. In a blowout, sometimes you pull starters and start going into "Ok guys, let's practice some **** for next week" mode. In a 15-0 game, you almost have to try hard to **** that up.

Off topic, we saw Peyton Manning at the game. He was nice enough to sign autographs for us and a lot of other fans, but I couldn't help but notice how out of shape he looked. Not fat out of shape, but just generally weak. First time I've ever seen him in person, but I remember being shocked looking at him arms and thinking, "those are the arms that beat a lot of Marino's records???" Game was a blast by the way. If any Dolphin fans ever get a chance to catch a game at the Superdome I highly recommend it. New Orleans is a hell of a town too.

keypusher likes this.
  29. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    The one team that goes 0-16.

No way two teams go defeated.

30. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    i dont know, ask 100 unbiased fans of neither team and id say 75% of them pick the Colts loss... that was just humiliating and embarrassing from the jump, regardless of who the opponent was...

BicketyBam likes this.
  31. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Yes it was bad,the latest chapter of humiliating defeats.At this rate we will more than likely have more games this season to add to the poll.

32. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's how I see it. The only reason it's even close in this poll is b/c people are emotional.

33. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Wonder what the SFLs (0-16) boys and girls would do, if we do tie with INDY or STL with zero wins and either of their SOS% gives them the #1 pick.....LOL! Never dance with the devil on speculation.

Also can you imagine in round 1, we pick 3rd after 0-16...LOL!

34. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    If only looking at the scores? Absolutely. But if those unbiased fans saw every minute of both games, I think it would be pretty close to the 50/50 we are seeing here. Just my opinion on what someone's opinion would be. :lol:

35. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    That would be a cruel cruel trick. Also, even worse would be luck going g 1 and Jones going 2 and us getting the scrubs left over.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  36. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    With the #3 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select OT Matt Kalil from USC.....

37. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Interesting discussion. But man, it's depressing that this is what we're reduced to talking about.

38. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Colts loss.... at least we were competitve. Picture this, a lady walks into a bar for a drink on a business trip, she's not a football fan, but happens to look up at the ticker on the TV. She sees two scores. Denver 18... Miami 15 in OT, thinks to herself, "wow that must have been a good game, but i hate football, having the game extended into overtime is just bothersome." Then she sees the Saints beat the Colts 62 to 7, and says, "Now there is my kind of score, get it over with by halftime so my husband can take out the trash and clean up the house while I'm away from home." As a Colts fan watching that game on Sunday night all they have to do is think of all the poor neutral fans also watching who had to listen to their wives for the rest of the night and do what they asked for to KNOW how much of an embarrassment they are. At least we make this **** look good....

39. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    ^ our rationale is more embarrassing than Colts fan's rationale!

:lol:

40. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The Colts are absolutely terrible and they actually appear to be playing in an attempt to win the, Andrew Luck sweepstakes. There now appears a very strong possibly that the Dolphins could go 0-16 and still not end up with the first pick in the NFL draft. If both the Colts and the Dolphins go 0-16. The Colts would receive the first pick, based on playing a weaker schedule than the Dolphins. The same thing could happen to the Dolphins if the Rams go 0-16.