1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more excuses, step up & nail down the left guard & we're play-off material

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Jun 29, 2015.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
  2. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Let's see if we can get a deal done..I would like to see it done, but I could also see the front office wanting to stay status quo and let the youngins fight it out and going with them.

3. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    The Fins are playoff material with or without Mathis.

SICK, Fin D and Fin4Ever like this.
  4. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    We look good on paper, but two things can derail it: 1) key starters get injured (we have very little depth in some key positions), and 2) the OL remains so bad that Tannehill is too often under too much pressure.

If either of those things happen, we aren't playoff material. Yeah, we need Mathis. Not because we can't win without him, but because he gets rid of the OL being our potential Achilles' heel.

the 23rd likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    AFCE has a HoF Coach/Qb combo, one of the best defensive minds in all of football and an unknown first yr HC playing an easy schedule. This will make it tough for us to say the least

Fin4Ever likes this.
  6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    So strange that only the top 51 contracts are calculated on a 53 man roster. Then again banks use fractional banking while lending. So who cares?

NFL contracts are written on toilet paper anyway. The cap will be raised at some point, but I guess you need to be an insider or a friggin' Benejezerat witch to know that. I hate these articles that don't include the fluctuation of the cap. Makes people nervous and is often carelessly thrown around to fit an agenda...'we can't because of Suh, etc., etc."

One year, 6.5 million, incentive laden contract should do it...

Don't discount that we have 22 million in dead money this year. When that comes off I wonder if we'll be overpaying for a guard.

The only things I see as stopping this is trying to supplant Philbin next year...or a collective subconscious effort to quell an individual. Don't tell me if Al Davis was alive, he wouldn't have taken a flier on La'el Collins in the draft. The League owners have gotten more conniving. It needs another Al Davis to ruffle it's feathers and question authority.

7. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    SICK and RoninFin4 like this.
  8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    We just invested a lot of money in our young QB and the WR corps. I find it hard to believe that they are content with Turner and THomas/Douglas to protect those assets this season. Sign the guy for a 3 year deal that's cap friendly in 2016.

9. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    that coach and QB unfortunately can´t play CB though, which NE has some serious ??? at, we got Ryan´s Number on Defense for some time now, its always our Defense that lets us down against him and our schedule isn´t that bad either