1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Folks On The Henne Bandwagon

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Georgia Fin, May 17, 2008.

1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
  2. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    It's good to hear that they think Henne can beat out Beck and McCown for the starting job this year becuase I think that too. I could see Henne starting this year for us at quarterback. Hopefulley Sprano and Co. will give the idea of Henne starting at quarterback good consideration.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I could see any of the three starting for us to be honest. I think it will come down to Henne and Beck though, unless of course they both come out and are just awful through camps and preseason. I think Henne is capable of being a starter, as I do about Beck. Hopefully they are ready, and hopefully one of them goes out there and wins the job, then goes on to win games for us during the season

4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    They seem to contradict themselves when they say the players on the list are most likely to have an impact on their team this year yet state that Joe Flacco will probably sit on the bench all year.

I fail to see what impact any QB will have on the bench.

I think the same fate will be waiting for Henne.

I just dont see how he can beat out Mc Cown or Beck this year.

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I see it as two possible ways really.

Parcells does not start rookies.

Way 1

1. Beck
    2. McCown
    3. Henne

Way 2
    1. McCown
    2. Beck
    3. Henne

And its not because I don't like Henne, I think he was the best QB in the draft.

alen1 likes this.
  6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I can't believe our only guy on the list was a QB and not Long or Murphy. Lord knows our OL can only get better by adding them.

7. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't see Henne beating out Beck or McCown. If he does its either a really good sign, being that Henne is mature and is a quick learner. Or its a really bad sign, being that Beck and McCown are just not starting material. I know Beck hasn't proven anything yet but I'm pretty confident he will start.

alen1 likes this.
  8. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Henne hasn't struck me as very comfortable with everything yet. He seems kind of uncomfortable and awkward every time someone interviews him. If just doing an interview bugs him mentally, I find it hard to believe he would be comfortable running the offense this year. I know some people are uncomfortable speaking or being interviewed, but I just think this is all a bit overwhelming for him right now. JMO

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is how i see it playing out...

John Beck will be the starter..this regime must find out sooner then later in what we have in Johnny boy.

Josh is the perfect backup and will be the starter if John keeps fumbling snaps.

The only way chad sees the field this year is if John struggles, if that happens then john will be demoted to third team, chad will be promoted to second string, Josh will play a few games while they are getting him up to par and then insert him as the starter midseason or so.

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm sorry but that article is just plain pitiful, Long will have ENORMOUS impact on the Dolphins, turning around our OL and opening up our running game, adding attitude to our OL, taking pressure of our QB, which Henne will NOT be. Henne sits & rides a clip board this season, dumbest article I've read yet.