1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More news that just paints this franchise in a bad light.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PSG, Aug 6, 2011.

1. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
  2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol:

In principle I don't have a problem with it; those people should have canceled their ST if they didn't want them.

But I don't understand why the Dolphins don't simply reassign those tickets to people who want them; as I understand it, there's no shortage of buyers.

PSG likes this.
  3. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    The thing is, I don't know for a fact, but I'd be willing to bet the Dolphins aren't the 1st pro sports team to do this.

4. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Oh, so the Patriots do it, no problems. Still the best sports organization in the history of ever. We do it, time to bust out an article about it. Good job Florio, you douche.

Ophinerated, maynard, bran and 4 others like this.
  5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The article says that the Redskins and Patriots have done it too.

:lol: Yeah, never mind that it's true, and that the basis for the article is that a team with the record Miami has posted recently might think more about their image than going after people for money.

And, as I said, there are plenty of people wanting those tickets, so it's not like they'd actually lose much by just dropping the matter and going on to the next buyer.

Da 'Fins and PSG like this.
  6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    It's called business. I don't even know how this is a story.

Larryfinfan, xphinfanx, bran and 4 others like this.
  7. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    i would love to see douchebag Florio in person the asswipe wannabe

8. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I don't have a problem with it either. I'm just saying how it may look to outside observers. The Dolphins as an organization already get made fun of for things that have happened lately, this will just add fuel to the fire.

9. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Jason Cole wrote the original article. You may recall Jason Cole as the other half of Armando Salguero's High-Fivegate.

maynard, Tin Indian and smahtaz like this.
  10. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The NFL is a business. What record a team has should have no bearing whatsoever on the owner trying to get money from season ticket holders.

11. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Big ****ing deal. This effects me being Dolphin fan in what way? And how does it effect the team that will be fielded this year. My 8yo could be a journalist with the internet.

xphinfanx likes this.
  12. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Jason Cole isn't as douchey as Florio, but still a douche nonetheless.

13. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Cole seems to be doing his best to close the gap.

14. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Florio isn't really a douche. There are like 20 sports media personalities I would rank ahead of Florio in the douche category.

Jason Cole is among them.

Section126 likes this.
  15. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    So other teams have done it too, but it's newsworthy for us because our team sucks. Once more, Mike Florio proves he is trash.

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Florio wrote it up because Jason Cole wrote it up.

17. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

High-Fivegate? Couldst thou elaborate?

MikeHoncho likes this.
  18. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Jason Cole is slightly more relevant than a poster at The Bleacher Report. Florio is a different story. He seizes on anything negative concerning the Dolphins and attempts to spread it via his sphere of influence.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  19. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    If you don't pay your bill, I stop my service and come after my money. What is the problem here? They should give away all the tickets now?

Larryfinfan likes this.
  20. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    What a weird non story. Cole must have some hurt feelings about the Dolphins. His wife cheat with a player or something?

bran and MikeHoncho like this.
  21. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Elaborated.

"Anything negative"? Precisely what positive events have occurred within the universe of this franchise that Florio could write up?

Sparano getting angry at "We want Orton" chants while simultaneously turning down every opportunity to endorse Henne's presence and abilities?
    The Dolphins whiffing on the Kyle Orton trade?
    Stephen Ross not realizing that the Internet is a real thing that people can use to follow his plane to San Francisco?
    Bill Parcells giving out free advice to the 49ers while still drawing paychecks with Stephen Ross' signature on them?

Boy, there is just such a wealth of positive, feel-good stories surrounding this franchise that a national audience would so totally care about. How 'bout that Brett Favre non-denial?

CaribPhin, maynard and Clipse like this.
  22. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I don't understand why this is a story. I don't understand why it was posted here. I don't understand why any of us would care. I don't understand why it's already gotten 20 replies. I don't understand why I'm replying to it and perpetuating the cycle. 4 more weeks....le sigh.

23. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri

STFU Donny. lol

24. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    this is so stupid i guess the dolphins should start giving out season tickets **** i want some lol

25. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    That was just before my time on FH, so I never knew about that. Jason Cole, you've officially surpassed Florio on the douche-meter. Armando solidifies his spot at No. 1.

26. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Cole and Salguero were team beat writers for a long time; Cole put it like 12 years I think. They both DESPISED Dave Wannstedt and detested covering the team under him for all the obvious reasons. There came a time when a play happened that essentially sealed Wannstedt's fate as the Miami HC, and they lost their minds and high-fived about it, not thinking, just an explosion of relief on their part.

Hilarity ensued.

CaribPhin likes this.
  27. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i think the high five should be required reading for any fin fan

CaribPhin likes this.
  28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'm shocked that there are some who don't know about it, honestly. (No offense, R&R and Kingmotion.)

Section126 and CaribPhin like this.
  29. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I have two excuses. I live in The Bahamas. And in 2002, I was 10.

30. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    That it? I might be able to accept if you were a fetus.

31. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    N**gas are broke these days, Worm!

32. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Gish, I couldn't have said it better. Where is the story in this ?? Customers owe money, they need to pay. Collecting that money is an organizational requirement. How they do it is inconsequential. No shame or disrespect here except for those who have not paid for services they've received....

33. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Florio isn't nearly as bad as you say any longer. He has evolved from a lawyer hack to a better human. He does like to throw mud at the proverbial wall at times, but he's got some help with NBC now (can't remember the guys name) who is most certainly a writer that simply writes to get hits on the sight and has certain teams that he likes and some that he does not...

34. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    well this tells me one thing and that is the media uses a double standard which isnt anything new.

the recurring thyeme here is that the dolphins are just simply settling for less and will no doubt achive less.

Ross Promised us changes but we havent rally brought in enough free agents yet. Ross wants a new style of offense while sparano wants to keep things the same which doesnt bode well for us .

so we shall see how good we will be very soon. I'm hoping for the best but I kind of expect the worse .

35. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Ad Hominem 'douche' fallacies aside ....

The best parts of the article were in the replies:

True. True.

And,