1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More weight room less classroom

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Itsdahumidity, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    The strengthening of the Miami Dolphins offensive line

"Gase literally wanted to get the players in the building stronger to strengthen the unit."

"Gase looked at the time the team spent in the weight room last year and was not impressed. He saw that under former coach Joe Philbin, more time was spent in the classroom learning the playbook and game plans and such.
    And less time was spent in the weight room getting strong, and fast and thick enough to, you know, actually execute on the field."

"The Dolphins believe both Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas need lower body work to improve their base so that, you know, they're not turnstiles to the QB and can move bodies off the ball."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/03/when-new-miami-dolphins-head-coach-adam-gase-studied-the-dolphins-offensive-line-and-how-to-get-that-embattled-unit-better-t.html

I am so surprised the team wasn't physically strong enough under coach queasy - says no Dolfan anywhere.

Unlucky 13, ripper1961 and resnor like this.
  2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas again. These two names should not be on the team anymore much less continually trying to make them into something they are not. I have no confidence they will ever be what we need.

3. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Not a shock at all. I think every person in here watched the team get man-handled enough to know they were slipping.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    They may have been man-handled, but they knew where the Defensive man was coming from. Thomas always knew which D-lineman would plant him on his arse when he lined up. You only get that from watching film.

Pauly and Itsdahumidity like this.
  5. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The league imposes limits on how much time that the team can actually practice out on the fields. There are also obviously physical limits as to how much time the guys can spend in the gym. That all said, I'm not sure why the team would need to spend signifigantly less time in the classroom in order to work out more.

[​IMG]

Puka-head likes this.
  6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I think the Herald is merely pointing out that the old regime emphasized things like character, film study, and playbook knowledge instead of...God given talent, strength and endurance.

We ran some very talented individuals out of town during Philbins time because they didn't have what he deemed important.

Truth be told, strength and physical prowess win more than anything else in football.

Itsdahumidity and dolfan7171 like this.