1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortenson talks about Manning Luck situation.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA

I love your homerism, but you are wrong. The jets were one game away from a Super Bowl twice, with a QB that is , IMO, crappier than anything we had. They have better coaching, better talent.
    That doesn't mean we don't have talent, but no one outside of dolphins nation is going to think that Manning doesn't have a better shot winning a championship with Jets vs Miami.
    Now, if we get a Super Bowl caliber coaching staff, then, maybe we can start making a case

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    From a talent perspective, yes. However I don't feel like the personalities of Rex Ryan and Peyton Manning would mesh...

3. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I don't see where the confidence in the Dolphins winning games is coming from. I can't see us winning more than two more. We will be in a position to draft Barkley. We'll be close enough to trade up with a team that has no interest in drafting a quarterback, we just have to hope our new GM will have the balls to make the big move required.

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I do remember several posters a few weeks back saying they couldn't see Miami winning even one game this year.

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    valid point

6. CanePhin

CanePhin Banned

Nov 12, 2011
    IF Manning is healthy enough to play he will be a Colt next year. In this scenario I doubt Luck becomes a Colt.

And to the guy who wrote that the Dolphins would need to give up "Wake, Odrick, Long, our first and second rounders in 2012 and 2013" for Luck. Well...LMFAO!! Can I have what you're smoking?