Moss not alone Merriman to go on waiver wire as well
31 replies
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer by desides01
Moss may not be only waiver wire name 2day. I'm reporting S Merriman slated to take physical w Bolts 2day.Once he passes he'll be waived too
Interesting choice, I do feel Merriman would upgrade the passrush, but I also think he has an excellent chance to pass through Waivers unlike Moss.
"PS17 wrote:
Merriman = trash without Steroids
I'll inject him myself if he comes to Miami.
".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66
"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D
"PS17 wrote:
Merriman = trash without Steroids
gholston = trash WITH steroids
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"Pagan wrote:
I'll inject him myself if he comes to Miami.
As tempting as I'm sure he'd find that, he’d still need steroids play well. :shifty:
________________________________________
"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."
--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--
"Two Tacos wrote:
As tempting as I'm sure he'd find that, he’d still need steroids play well. :shifty:
Pagan's sweat is similar to HGH, but is not on the banned substance list as of yet.
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Shawne Merriman will take a physical with the Chargers Tuesday and will be released once he passes it.
Merriman is on injured reserve with a minor injury designation, so once he's healthy he can be released. The Dolphins are one team that's reportedly showing interest in the former Pro Bowler.
Hmm, who would you prefer, Merriman or Moss?
Probably Moss, Merriman would have to learn Nolan's system, Moss could play week #1, but Merriman is more likely to be available.
"padre31 wrote:
Hmm, who would you prefer, Merriman or Moss?
Probably Moss, Merriman would have to learn Nolan's system, Moss could play week #1, but Merriman is more likely to be available.
If anything, Moss would have a greater learning curve than Merriman would. Moss would be on his third offensive tree in a month. Merriman would probably just be subbing in part time as a DE which isn't going to take a tremendous amount.
"Disgustipate wrote:
If anything, Moss would have a greater learning curve than Merriman would. Moss would be on his third offensive tree in a month. Merriman would probably just be subbing in part time as a DE which isn't going to take a tremendous amount.
I don't know if either would have a great learning curve. Moss could just study the weekly gameplans, instead of going through the entire playbook.
"Disgustipate wrote:
If anything, Moss would have a greater learning curve than Merriman would. Moss would be on his third offensive tree in a month. Merriman would probably just be subbing in part time as a DE which isn't going to take a tremendous amount.
Hm, wouldn't think so, we need Moss for a specific role, we do not need a complete Wr who knows every page of the offense. Granted you could just wind up Merriman and put him on the nickel rush line, but I suspect he would be lucky to see 10 snaps a game if he landed in Miami.
"alen1 wrote:
I don't know if either would have a great learning curve. Moss could just study the weekly gameplans, instead of going through the entire playbook.
He doesn't need to know the entire playbook, but I think he needs to know more "stuff" than Merriman would, and I think he's pretty likely to cause problems if he thinks he's being brought along too slow.
padre31 wrote:
Hm, wouldn't think so, we need Moss for a specific role, we do not need a complete Wr who knows every page of the offense. Granted you could just wind up Merriman and put him on the nickel rush line, but I suspect he would be lucky to see 10 snaps a game if he landed in Miami.
I think Merriman would allow them to stop lining Kendall Langford up as an edge rusher in Nickel packages. He's not Matt Roth vs. the run, but he's not Koa Misi either.
This team is busy getting young and now everyone wants to go and fukk it all up.
Didn't we learn our lesson with Porter and Taylor?

"Killerphins wrote:
This team is busy getting young and now everyone wants to go and fukk it all up.
Didn't we learn our lesson with Porter and Taylor?
Shawne Merriman is 26 years old, two years younger than Cameron Wake.
"Disgustipate wrote:
Shawne Merriman is 26 years old, two years younger than Cameron Wake.
damaged goods

"Killerphins wrote:
damaged goods
That's for the doctors to theoretically evaluate? He might be injury prone, he might have had bad luck, he might be ruined, or have declined but he's still a useful role player.
Our defense has a lot of cohesion and unity, so I'm not a fan of tinkering with that right now. If Merriman is on the wire, he can hang there for all I care. (and Moses has given 110% with his time on the field & deserves to stay active IMO if it's his roster spot in question)

"Disgustipate wrote:
That's for the doctors to theoretically evaluate? He might be injury prone, he might have had bad luck, he might be ruined, or have declined but he's still a useful role player.
Develop your own players and stay away from another teams trash. We have been doing this **** for years and it never work. Patching holes with spent players is a concept that doesn't sit well with me. Do we need to fill a roster spot for a guy who stays hurt. I hate the Merriman idea. He isn't that good when he was completely healthy anyways. Let your own players play and learn. That is how a team is built.

"Disgustipate wrote:
That's for the doctors to theoretically evaluate? He might be injury prone, he might have had bad luck, he might be ruined, or have declined but he's still a useful role player.
Hopefully Long never has "bad luck" or else he might give up 20 sacks in a season and be replaced by Murtha. :shifty:
Can he play special teams?...... or better question: Is he willing to give ST 100%?

"PS17 wrote:
Merriman = trash without Steroids
Merriman = Gholston without steroids....hehehe
"Killerphins wrote:
damaged goods
Possible, I do know Irish has some experts on knee and leg injuries on staff, they told Reshad Jeanty that he would need ankle as well as broken leg surgery, the Bungals staff told him just broken leg surgery.
Turned out to be both, and the Bungals waived Jeanty.
I suspect Merriman's problem is he has had the injury bug, similar to LT's problems in SD, and it appears no one wants to play for AJ Smith/Norv Turner.
2008 he was hurt, legitimately IR'd and had serious problems with his knee.
2009 he played a fair amount and ended up with only 4 sacks, but I don't know it's hugely damning. There have been plenty of elite pass rushers who have **** the bed. Jason Taylor had 2.5 sacks in 15 starts one year. John Abraham had 5.5 in 15 last year. Dwight Freeney has dropped 5.5 in 16 before. Joey Porter had 5 in 14 in 2003, and 5.5 in 15 the year before rattling off 17.5, etc.
This year, I don't think the Chargers even wanted him. They wanted to trade him, were unable to, and put him on IR for a minor or non-existent injury.