1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Dangerous Players in the NFL

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colorado Dolfan, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

xphinfanx, TiP54, Ophinerated and 6 others like this.
  2. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

And people..even on here....have the nerve to say Ronnie's not an elite back.

RONNIE'S THE MAN!

he'll get his contract

gafinfan and dolfan7171 like this.
  3. skippysphins

skippysphins Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    the poconos
    finally some love for the dolphins and brown

4. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That is a good read. Ronnie Brown is in a class by himself. No one has done the stuff he has done and he continues to do more and to get better. He is no doubt a force to be reckoned with.

jetssuck likes this.
  5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Omg!!!!

6. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    WTFz?

When did he say that?

7. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Not the past 2 games

48 yards rushing one game

27 yards rushing the next game

8. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I honestly have to disagree. I personally think that Randy Moss is the most dangerous player in the Division. He is the most physically gifted WR ever.

We give ESPN a lot of crap when they don't recognize the Dolphins, but I personally think here is a little overzealous.
    Nice to see it in print, but don't believe he deserves the title. He's #2 in my eyes.

Still love Ronnie though. Plus this is all personal opinion anyway.

Anonymous likes this.
  9. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

The jets coach has been bashed to the ground but the minute he says something good about our player he the next big thing

10. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

they never said division ,not even in the nfl but they mention he was one player thats dangerous...

you want dangerous CHRIS JOHNSON , ADRIAN IS WHAT SCARES ME ..

Our Rb or doing fine job but i still would want ricky or ronnie as the top rushers in the nfl :hi5:

11. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

Vote for him for the pro bowl Ricky to w00t

12. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Ronnie Brown IS the most versatile RB in the NFL no doubt but he is not the best running back in the league or even elite. From a conventional standpoint, he's not even the best back on the team IMO. Please Dolfans dont take offense or start an argument, but why do Fins fans see Ronnie Brown as an "elite" back? I understand a good RB but not elite.

gunn34 and dolfan7171 like this.
  13. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    *rolls eyes*

Outside of Peterson, I'd take Ronnie over every other back in the league. He was taken 2nd overall and every analyst on the planet agreed he was worth that high a pick. He went to the pro bowl, which is voted upon by fans, players, and coaches. He already has 7 tds this season, on pace to score more points in a single season then any Dolphins rb of all time. He's on pace to be the best rb this team has ever had in the history of the franchise.

How in the ****in world is he NOT elite?!

Edit: this comes off as angry, which i apologize for. And well, i guess it is a hot button for me. but Ronnies my favorite player and the guys done nothing but perform since he put on a Dolphins uniform. Without him, we don't win 11 games last year. We don't beat the Jets the first time this year. He wins games for us. He's nationally known because hes the face of our franchise and hes damn well the best player on our offense.

needless to say, we don't resign him, ive lost all faith in the franchise.

14. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    If you take a look at the article, they pick the "most dangerous" from each division. Ronnie is from the AFC EAST.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  15. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Ricky Williams is dangerous. Ronnie Brown is dangerous. Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown and Lousaka Polite together are extremely dangerous (when the offensive line is playing well). I mean extremely. No group of backs is more dangerous.

gunn34, jetssuck and dolfan7171 like this.
  16. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    When Ronnie gets his touches he does damage, the past two weeks he hasn't gotten his touches. I'd love to see him get more opportunities out of the base formation and more passes thrown his way.

jetssuck likes this.
  17. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He is clearly an elite back. Every defensive coordinator facing Miami gameplans against Ronnie Brown. Probably more so than any one other offensive player in the AFC East. That's likely why he was chosen. Ronnie can hurt you in so many ways, he's an excellent runner, nobody can execute the wildcat like he can, and he's got great hands and is a threat in the passing game. There are tons of 'good' backs in the NFL. Ronnie Brown is elite. Outside of Peterson I can't even think of one back that is clearly better. Ricky is also elite, just at an advancing age. But that guy is playing like it's 2002 again. We're lucky to have a pair like that. There's no other pair in the league that even come close.

jetssuck and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  18. Colorado Dolfan

Gotta disagree with you.

Randy Moss is definitely the most dangerous RECEIVER in the division, but he needs someone to pass the ball to him.

Ronnie does it (mostly) on his own. He can run the ball, catch the ball, and pass the ball. He does it all. Being versatile and being so ****ing good at being versatile is what makes him so damn dangerous...

IMO. :wink2:

muscle979 and eric like this.
  19. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    as the article states, ronnie brown doesnt need the help of a QB to shine. as a receiver, moss is dependent upon a good QB.

what the article doesnt mention is that it takes a lot more players to stop a RB then it does to stop a WR.

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    1) we gave up on the run in both games

2) the OL cant block effectively when opposing teams stack 8 or 9 guys in the box.

cdz12250 and jetssuck like this.
  21. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I hear that #23 is alright :D

22. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    what no Tedd Ginn?????? LOL

23. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    *stares with a blank face*
    In 2002 Ricky Williams had 16 rushing TD's + 1 receiveing TD = 17TD's total. I dont see Ronnie getting 11 more TD's this season, especially now that the Wildcat is somewhat slowing down. Ronnie has only had ONE 1,000 yard season in his 4-year career back in 2006. In 2002, Ricky ran for 1,853 yards(12th most in the history of the NFL), the conventional way. Ronnie Brown may eventually become the greatest Dolphins rb of all-time, but he's nowhere near there yet.

24. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    he also did that off 380+ carries. We ran him so hard, he quit. Ronnies highest carry amount? 241 in 2006. Ronnie will end this season with 10+ tds and hes gonna do it off 150 less carries then ricky had in 02'. Rickys ypc avg over his career is actually lower than ronnies as well. ronnies gotten over 900 yds 3 times in his career. and he did it off 214, 207, and 241 carries. Now imagine if we ran him 100-150+ more times...

Ronnies never been given the ball enough to get those kinds of numbers (and he never will with Ricky on the team. Which is good cause, well, we saw what happened to ricky). In the first 5 years of rickys career, he ran the ball 1,589 times! In Ronnies first 5 years, hes ran it 901 times so far, likely to finish around 1,050. (Ronnie did miss the final 11 games of 07, but ricky missed the final 7 of 2000 as well. So the number of games is pretty close)

To think about what Ronnies accomplished, and currently accomplishing, on what is essentially 2/3's the amount of carries as most premiere backs in the nfl, it's astounding. And i assure you, nobody cares how ronnie or ricky get their yards, whether its conventional or not, as long as they get them.

HardKoreXXX, Gitrdone and muscle979 like this.
  25. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Yet Ricky still had a higher average: 4.8 vs 4.2
    Didnt you say Ronnie was on pace to score the most points as a Dolphin's RB this year which means he would have to score a total of 18TD's to pass Ricky?
    Ricky played in 48 more games than Ronnie and the difference is 4.4 vs 4.1
    Now imagine if in Ricky's prime, we had a formation called the Wildcat to help open up the offense and imagine if Ricky never had his drug problem.

26. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    before this past week, ronnie was on pace to score around 17tds. since he didn't score that does knock his pace and it seems less likely. However, if ricky werent on the team, ronnie probably would have scored over 10 tds by now. (ricky has 5 right now). But thats ticky tac. Ronnie wont get 18, but he could. Ronnie is both advantaged and disadvantaged by our two back system.

The line ricky had in 2002 was incredible in comparison to the line Ronnie had in 2006. (i cant remember a starter outside of carey...) So thats not surprising Rickys ypc was higher. But this isn't a comparison of ronnie and ricky. Ricky would have been a HOF and possibly one of the greatests of all time if he hadn't retired. we all know this. But...thats his fault.

But based off the limited opportunities Ronnies had, hes proven hes elite. I've said it before, and I'll say it until his contract is extended. My biggest fear in the world right now is us letting Ronnie walk and then the patriots sign him, give him 25+ carries a game, and they go back to the super bowl with him carrying them on his back. The only thing holding Ronnie back right now is the amount of touches hes getting. And the patriots need a RB this offseason...

27. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    ?
    Rex Ryan said something positive about a Dolphin? He must have bumped his head or didnt realize someone could hear him. WOW!

Ronnie isnt only good on the field hes a real class act, hell of a player all around GO RONNIE.

28. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    BOTH Ronnie and Ricky are great backs. Lets just be proud that someone on the Phins is getting some recognition for a change.

29. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I personally never understood the whole QB needs to get him the ball argument. The article cites the same reasoning. It does not make Randy any less dangerous when he gets the ball. The fact of the matter is that without an o-line blocking well, Ronnie cannot succeed either.
    Football is such a team game that discounting Randy because a QB needs to get him the ball is silly.

gunn34 likes this.
  30. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I'm starting to question Ronnies eliteness outside of the wildcat....Ricky continues to out produce ronnie in a conventional set

31. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I can't believe there are some still questioning whether Ronnie is an elite back. Amazing.

32. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Did you see Randy Moss in Oakland? A QB is very important in that sense.

33. Colorado Dolfan

You want to go that route, it takes an O-line blocking effectively to give the QB time to get the ball to Moss. :wink2:

When Moss takes a direct snap and runs the ball up the gut, or passes it to a TE, then I'll agree that he is as dangerous as Ronnie. Ronnie catches, runs, passes, and actually runs an offensive set.

Not disrespecting Moss at all, as I said, he is the most dangerous receiver in the AFC East. But, get good coverage on him and he can be shut down.

To shut down Ronnie, you have to shut down all facets of the offense.

jetssuck, eric and JimToss like this.
  34. smotpoker420

smotpoker420 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I've been a dolphins fan since 1977, i've been thru the Marino years with the superbowl lost to SF. Finally nice to hear the dolphins getting recgnition for the running game, in most part to Ronnie Brown and not to forget that Ricky Williams has something to do with this as well. I really hope they stay the course.

35. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Anyone questioning Ronnie's effectiveness out of the conventional set must not realize he gets very little carries out of the conventional set ever since the Wildcat was debuted.

36. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He's a great football player, no doubt...but iam pissed at him at the moment for the game he played last week....

Hes my favorite player, but, there was no excuse to show his azz in new york....

Iam concerned, and i'll be watching him very closely.

37. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    He's the most dynamic player in the league..........he'll show you why today when he leads the upset up in Foxboro

muscle979 likes this.
  38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    heeeeey buddy, your part of the cool 100 rep club now....

jetssuck likes this.
  39. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I think you have to 800 or 900 now to be in the cool club. :lol:

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It is good to see that most now recognize is eliteness....