1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Hazardous Sports

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by alen1, Jun 9, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_y...ug=ys-forbeshazards060508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Not exactly sure where to put this. It includes all sports. Sorry if its in the wrong spot.

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Im not shocked at Basketball actually, lots of ankles getting rolled/twisted. I almost broke mine playing basketball in the 8th grade.

I read somewhere awhile ago that oddly enough one of the most dangerous games for little kids (under 12 esp.) was soccer, again due to ankle injuries, but also little kids trying to head the ball caused lots of issues. Not nearly as big in older kids and adults though.

I have a feeling that the most serious accidents are from ATVs and other motor vehicles. I see so many kids riding around with no supervision and no safety equipment. These things are incredibly dangerous to use without proper knowledge, experience and equipment. My brother almost got himself killed rolling one over about 3 years ago, the thing missed crushing his skull by inches. Thank god he made it out without anything serious. Please parents, make sure your kids are supervied, trained and using protective gear anytime they are using motor vehicles, and bicycles as well!!

3. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Horse racing should be on there. It is very dangerous for jockeys and if you bet on them like I do..they regularly make you want to kill yourself.

4. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Bah humbug. Anybody that publishes a so called survery that says soccer is a high risk of injury and rugby is low risk of injury deserves to be trapped at the bottom of a ruck.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I didnt look, but checkers has to be on there...............

alen1 likes this.