1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move or trade that saved your bacon?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Striking, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Before week 1 I had the 2nd waiver wire pick available and took Kurt Warner. He's saved my bacon. :up:

Other waiver nominee's included Steve Breaston and Mewelde Moore. On the trade front I'm still hopeful the returns from Colston and Evans will be better.

2. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Warner is my qb in every league I'm in except one. I traded Bush/Bowe for Boldin/C.Johnson right before Bush got hurt. That helped propel me to a clinched playoff spot already and a 9-2 record so far.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Mainly Kurt Warner. I managed to snag him in 2 or 3 leagues and he's paid off royally.

Honorable mention goes to drafting Michael Turner. I honestly wish I had traded him after week 3, but he's still welcome in my starting lineup.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Picked up a suspended Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, DeSean Jackson, Matt Ryan, Steve Slaton, DeAngelo Williams, Owen Daniels, Eddie Royal, Randy Moss, Tim Hightower.

Drafted Roddy White, Michael Turner(I guess people really didn't like the Falcons), Ronnie Brown (or the Dolphins), Matt Forte (lol, his draft stock tanked when they signed Kevin Jones), Chris Johnson, Thomas Jones, Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Kurt Warner (thank you morons who drafted Garrard, Young, and Campbell) all after the 8th round in multiple leagues.

And loads of trades...

5. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Picking up Slaton in one league has pushed me to #1. Had some good picks like Chris Johnson super late in one draft. Havent had any trades that really saved me though.

6. emale2u

emale2u New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Traded Kellen Winslow, Tory Holt, and Kerry Collins for Warner/Roy Williams and Vernon Davis after Week 3....ended 9-4 on the year 1st place, 2nd in scoring and had Tom Brady

7. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Picked Slaton in round 12, in a league where we keep players based on the round in which they're drafted. I'll keep him for a 10th next year, an 8th after that and etc.

Getting Larry Fitzgerald in in round 1 and Kurt Warner in round 11 has helped too.