1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1st round mock draft (First 16 picks)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by finsbuck719, Jan 22, 2011.

1. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Let me know what you guys think. http://footballsplace.com/2011-nfl-mock-draft/

I want Julio Jones in a Miami uniform so badly, but I just don't think it will happen for a few reasons. 1. I don't see us trading up for him, because there is a good chance imo we want to trade back in the 1st to pick up a 2nd. 2. We have both the Lions and Rams picking in front of us and one of them will go after Jones.

What do you guys think of the Mark Ingram pick and what do you think of the first 16 picks?

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I like Ingram a lot, but if we passed on Gabbert for Ingram I'd rage like I did when we picked Ginn over Quinn (though as I said, I do at least like Ingram).

sports24/7 likes this.
  3. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Where's Gabbert? He should be the first QB taken and certainly you'd think (at this point at least) that he wouldn't be the 4th QB taken. I'm not sure I see the Titans taking Newton because of the Vince Young comparisons. I don't think those comparisons are warranted, but they are out there and I think that could be enough to keep the Titans from taking him. I also can't see the Lions taking a WR that early. They have too many other needs. The other picks seem possible, but it's still early.

4. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I just don't see it in Gabbert. He doesn't impress me. Mallett and Locker are hands down in my opinion the 2 best QBs available. They are the most NFL ready and both have more experience than Gabbert and Newton. Then it is down to Newton and Gabbert for the 3rd best QB available. I know I have Newton as the 2nd QB taken, but that doesn't mean I don't think Locker is better than him. After the first 15-16 picks, the rest of the first round teams aren't in need of a QB, except Seattle. So, I see Gabbert either falling to Seattle at 25 or early 2nd.

Well, the Lions don't really have a ton of needs. They won't go QB, RB, TE, or Offensive Line in the first round, we know that. Their defensive line is pretty damn good as well. That leaves them with LB and CB on defense as a need. I don't think LB is as much as a need as people say it is. Detroit has a huge need at CB, but who can they get here? Peterson and Amukamara are obviously going to be gone and Brandon Harris would be a huge reach at 13. They may go with Akeem Ayers here, but I think it would be a toss up between him and Julio Jones and I feel like they would go with Jones over Ayers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions look to trade back here and pick up another pick somewhere, then try and grab Brandon Harris or someone later in the first.

5. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I can respect going with your opinions on Gabbert, but personally I just can't see that. It also goes against the grain of many experts, but if that's your opinion that's fine. If he's on the board and the Dolphins pass I will be extremely upset though unless he rapes someone or admits to having a crack addiction or something between now and the draft.

As for the Lions I just can't see it with Jones. Schwartz being a defensive guy, and their offense actually looking pretty good when healthy, I think they continue to re-build that defense. Ayers would be a pretty good fit as it stands IMO. Trading back and getting a guy like Harris would also seem like a viable option.

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You’re of course entitled to your opinion, but the problem here is that you’re creating and sharing a mock draft—that is, the way you think the NFL draft would play out if it were held right now. Whether or not you like Gabbert is irrelevant: the question is whether or not one of the 16 teams you’re looking at like Gabbert enough to draft him with their pick. Undoubtedly there are multiple teams in the top 16 that would take him.

Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett being drafted ahead of Blaine Gabbert is absurd, quite honestly. He’s going before both of those guys. Locker might even fall out of the first round.

7. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    That is what I believe. Just because Mel Kiper or someone on tv says Gabbert will be taken ahead of those guys, doesn't mean it will happen. I don't know how you can say it is a given that Gabbert will be taken ahead of them. There is a long time between now and the draft.

Ricky'sBong likes this.