1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Apologies and My Resignation

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by B.Sebo, Mar 2, 2011.

1. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    I know a lot of you guys have been worried about me, and I apologize for not keeping you all up to date with what was going on in my life, and for this I apologize.

The farther and farther I have plunged into these last three weeks, the harder and harder I have tried to make time to get back into here and back into the league; unfortunately, this just isn't going to happen.

Three weeks ago, about the time of the historic 2 feet of snow that fell in Northwest Arkansas, we had two people quit at the station. To make matters worse, an older worker fell and broke his hip and has been out since. Now I don't pretend to believe any of you guys know much about the business of TV, but you can't just lose three workers and not have consequences.

In short, I have been working 12-14 hour days, 7 days a week for a little over three weeks (including during the Super Bowl, I might add). On top of that, I have been trying to find time to rewrite my novel and dealing a few mild family issues.

This does not to let up until late April at the earliest, and while I am loving the awesome overtime, I just can't continue on this league.

I have some good friends in this league, and I am sorry for letting you guys down. This was my sixth year in the league, and I look forward to it every year, I just had to give up something.

If it is okay with everyone, I would like to continue on in our keeper fantasy league.

Thanks for understanding my friends, and I will catch you all around.

Desides, PeaTearGriffin, GISH and 4 others like this.
  2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Hope life settles down a bit for you dude...I was looking forward to working out more deals and talking smack :)

3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    no worries bro... good luck with what you got going on. I may be looking for a job soon, need a contact in CA to report on the weather here? (same as yesterday is usually the correct answer :lol:)

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I work in the TV biz, except a different aspect (commercial) so I know where you're coming from. I've done some news work in the past and I know it can be stressful and how important having a good team is. Hopefully things settle down for you and I understand completely understand where you're coming from. If anyone is a co-GM and wants to step up and be the Redskins GM, post here.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    PM Sean?

Vengeful Odin and Paul 13 like this.
  6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    No need for apologies. Take care of what you need to take care of. Sorry you can't participate.

oh and before you go, can I have all your draft picks?

7. Sean

Sean FIST PUMP ON!

Dec 2, 2007
    Take care bud, hope all goes well!

And I wouldn't mind the Skins.

8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Makes sense to me. GIK lets get the redskins up and running again. I got some players i want to pillage from sean.

9. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey! That's gimmick infringement. :angry:

Boik14 and unluckyluciano like this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sue him for every draft pick he's got!

Boik14 and Vengeful Odin like this.
  11. Mach