1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Fantasy Team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Straz, Jul 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    One of the leagues I did with some people from BGSU.

Ten Person league, 14 rounds, I had pick 10 of 10.

QB- Derek Anderson,

RB- Marshawn Lynch, Thomas Jones, Ahman Green, Tatum Bell

WR- Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Chad Johnson, Joey Galloway, Issac Bruce

TE- Dallas Clark, Jeremy Schokey

D/ST- New England Patriots

K- Adam Vienitari

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Solid Wrs, start as many as possible if you have a flex.

Rbs are a little concerning aside from Lynch. I dont really trust Jones yet and the other two may not see much action, if any.

Anderson could be great and he could be terrible. I'd def of taken a back up, regardless.

TEs arent bad. Shockey may break out. Clark is fairly consistent.

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Very weak RB core IMO

Brandon Marshall has a 4 game suspension, Chad Johnson I would of stayed away from.

2 solid TE's but mean nothing if you can't start the 2.

I'd give it a C overall. I don't think its strong enough to win a league.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I agree with Buckeye up there. You have only one good running back, your receivers are going to miss time (Marshall, Johnson) or suck (Bruce, maybe Galloway), you don't have a backup QB, and while you're great at TE the position isn't as important as RB and WR. And while I usually hate this tactic, I would waive someone like Bell or Bruce for a second defense; the Pats' defense began a decline toward the end of last year, and they've done little to address it. They have a weak schedule, but it's a very old group. Try to pick up the Raiders defense if it went undrafted. Then get a backup QB; Vince Young, maybe.

Also, see if you can trade one (or both, depending on what TEs went undrafted; Kevin Boss is a great waiver pickup in many leagues now) for improved quality at RB. RBs win leagues.

5. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Well in my league we have a odd starting lineup (forgot to mention it in the first post)

We start:

1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    1 WR/TE
    1 D/ST
    1 K

So that's why I took a lot of WR's. I personally think Thomas Jones will have a great year this season, so I feel fine starting Jones and Lynch. I'm also thinking about trading Dallas Clark or Shockey and upgrade at RB, since I will start 3 WR's probably.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    That's not an odd configuration; in fact, it's fairly standard across fantasy formats. The other standard configuration is eliminating the flex position in favor of a third WR slot, but I don't like that at all.

Going receiver is fine if they're the best players available. The trouble is, you picked guys who are questionable to perform. CJ has an ankle injury and has been stirring crap up all offseason; Marshall is very likely to be suspended. You've entrusted your receiving corps to guys who will very likely underperform for the first month of the season, and you have no depth at RB to make up for it.

Trade a TE. Settle for nothing less than a third-tier RB--Jamal Lewis, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Grant, Brandon Jacobs, those guys. Heck, you might be able to get a second-tier RB like McGahee depending on how dumb your trade partner is.

7. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I thinks its pretty good. QB is the position that bothers me most as I dont think anderson replicates last year

8. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    I just traded Dallas Clark for Clinton Portis.

9. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    wow you got a steal there.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  10. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Thats called ownin and zonin someones butt. I hope thats a money league cause thats a money trade. :yes:

11. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    :up:

That's how it's done. You found a stupid one there. Excellent trade for you. Your roster is now much improved.

If you feel the need for a backup TE, see if someone like Kevin Boss is available in free agency.

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Niyyyyyyce!

13. Straz

Mar 23, 2008

Yeah, there are a lot of quality back-up TE's still available in our league.