My fellow Ireland haters, we must convene the grand council and ask for forgiveness.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Oct 20, 2012.

1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

That was very encouraging for sure. Even though I don't believe Ireland was initially on board with either Philbin or Tannehill, I'm very happy he didn't exercise his authority to stop it from happening. That would have created a firestorm this organization didn't need at all. Even though I enjoy poking a stick in the Ireland debate, I'm feeling pretty good about the direction the team appears to be heading.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Besides, what makes you think Dorsey would come to Miami after turning down the Colts GM job IIRC? Do you plan on strong-arming a guy who has spent nearly his entire adult life [after college] employed by the Packers to become our GM, especially after his 2012 promotion to Director Football Operations?

3. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    well Philbin had never been a head coach in the pros before but that didn't stop everyone from assuming he was an upgrade over Sparano.

actually that's a good point regarding Russ Ball, but he is Ted Thompson's right hand man and i dont think that would prevent him from being an excellent GM...but yea that makes it more of a gamble.

well here is where we simply disagree. you're under the impression that Ireland has a completely different philosophy than Parcells when it comes to how he scouts players, what he looks for, and what criteria he uses to grade them. i refuse to believe that. if that were true i don't think Bill would have ever appointed him as GM and his eventual successor.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    You can refuse to believe it all you like but Jerry Jones specifically stated Ireland isn't a Parcells disciple. See below quote:
    ..... and then you have Joe Rose's statement further emphasizing my point:
    Plus, we've had 2 drafts under Ireland that don't resemble a Parcells draft, and we're watching a team being built (namely the offense) that doesn't remotely resemble what Parcells attempted. Ireland was one of the most gifted young minds in the league when he was in Dallas, and he had a good eye for talent. That's why Parcells brought him along. He thought he could mold him into the type of GM he, himself, wanted for the team. Even Channing Crowder said Parcells tried to mold Ireland in his own image IIRC. It wasn't b/c they shared the same mindset.

So again, respectfully, I repose the same question to you regarding Dorsey.

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I will never have to appologize to Jeff Ireland! He has done nothing to this point and yes, the team looks headed in the right direction but might I add, that this team has sucked under Parcells and Jeff Ireland until now, and nothing is even certain right now. All those bad seasons, and bad signings! I actually supported him to an extent thru those times. I'm not even an Ireland hater but I'll be damned if I'd ever owe him an appology. Nor should anyone else.

You give the Dolphins fans a good solid team that's ready to compete year in and year out, and I'll give you a FINALLY Jeff!

HardKoreXXX and MrClean like this.
  6. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    When someone expresses a viewpoint on this and acknowledges that it's only an opinion and doesn't provide any objective support of it, you might as well stop there, because if they're taking the time to post that opinion, it isn't going to change.

The people whose opinions are subject to change based on the presentation of information aren't posting on the topic.

The people who are posting on the topic aren't going to change their opinions. In fact they're going to twist even hardcore objective evidence to the contrary to suit their own purposes.

Essentially you should just let personal opinions hover in space as if they're air, without attempting to respond to or debate them, because it's fruitless.

In the end it's just one person's opinion, and you know how many people there are in the world? Billions.

Congratulations. You, Joe Shmoe, have a thought. Next. :)

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

This describes my position perfectly, no need to post more, IMVHO this post says it perfectly! :up:

8. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Actually it is the same shou. You called out the running game.
    On Your opinion.

9. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    I'm a Joe Shmoe just like the rest. :)

10. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Stop it man. You called those things out.
    Too late to play the "I didn't do anything I'm a normal guy card" :wink2:

11. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That's really the pot calling the kettle black. If anyone is attempting to manipulate what was said, I'd say it is you.

Anonymous likes this.
  12. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Don't you mean, "That's a bingo!"

;)

MrClean likes this.