My First Round Mock

8 replies

rafaelrafaelForum VeteranOP
Apr 22, 2010, 11:49 AM

01. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

02. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

03. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

04. Washington Redskins - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

05. Kansas City Chiefs - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

06. Seattle Seahawks - Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee

07. Cleveland Browns - Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech

08. Oakland Raiders - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama

09. Buffalo Bills - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Joe Haden, DB, Florida

11. Denver Broncos - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

12. Miami Dolphins - Earl Thomas, DB, Texas

13. San Francisco 49rs - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

14. Seattle Seahawks - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

15. New York Giants - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

16. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

17. San Francisco 49ers - Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

19. Atlanta Falcons - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

20. Houston Texans - Jahvid Best, RB, California

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Taylor Mays, S, USC

22. New England Patriots - Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

23. Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown, OT, USC

24. Philadelphia Eagles - Maurkice Pouncey, OL, Florida

25. Baltimore Ravens - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

26. Arizona Cardinals - Daryl Washington, LB, TCU

27. Dallas Cowboys - Demaryious Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

28. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State

29. New York Jets - Kyle Wilson, DB, Boise State

30. Minnesota Vikings - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

31. Indianapolis Colts - Roger Saffold, OT, Indiana

32. New Orleans Saints - Devin McCourtey, DB, Rutgers

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Apr 22, 2010, 11:58 AM

Good job, Raf. :up:

I was hearing this morning that Washington is wild card and while you and a lot of others speculate OT including our gurus, that they might look elsewhere.

What do you think?

JIjim1New Member
Apr 22, 2010, 12:26 PM

Excellent mock, Rafael. Love the fact that Jimmy Claussen is not in your 1st round, dude is way overrated and hyped in my book.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2010, 12:39 PM

"The Rev wrote:

Good job, Raf. :up:

I was hearing this morning that Washington is wild card and while you and a lot of others speculate OT including our gurus, that they might look elsewhere.

What do you think?

That would be a surprise. I haven't heard anything. Maybe they'll go CJ Spiller and screw up everybody's mock. :lol:

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2010, 12:48 PM

"jim1 wrote:

Excellent mock, Rafael. Love the fact that Jimmy Claussen is not in your 1st round, dude is way orerrated and hyped in my book.

Thank you. I actually think that when all is said and done that Tebow will be the second best QB to come out of this draft. This is not a popular opinion, but I find that changing a throwing motion that doesn't modify the release point is not that hard. All they did was change his loop to make his release quicker. I don't think he'll struggle with that under pressure. I also think people ignore how many NFL reads he has already had to do at UF.

I do think he'll struggle with the transition to under center, like most spread QBs. And that he'll struggle with passing on time. But in the end I see a guy who is similar to Vince Young. He's not as good of an athlete, but he's still a superior athlete. And he's a far better passer than Young. The big difference is that Tebow has a better football IQ and a better work ethic. I don't see him failing.

With Clausen, I see a guy with great preparation b/c he came from a pro-style system, but not much else. I don't see a great leader. I don't see great physical attributes. I don't see a great mind. I expect that he'll be a back-up NFL QB at best.

JIjim1New Member
Apr 22, 2010, 12:55 PM

"rafael wrote:

Thank you. I actually think that when all is said and done that Tebow will be the second best QB to come out of this draft. This is not a popular opinion, but I find that changing a throwing motion that doesn't modify the release point is not that hard. All they did was change his loop to make his release quicker. I don't think he'll struggle with that under pressure. I also think people ignore how many NFL reads he has already had to do at UF.

I do think he'll struggle with the transition to under center, like most spread QBs. And that he'll struggle with passing on time. But in the end I see a guy who is similar to Vince Young. He's not as good of an athlete, but he's still a superior athlete. And he's a far better passer than Young. The big difference is that Tebow has a better football IQ and a better work ethic. I don't see him failing.

With Clausen, I see a guy with great preparation b/c he came from a pro-style system, but not much else. I don't see a great leader. I don't see great physical attributes. I don't see a great mind. I expect that he'll be a back-up NFL QB at best.

Great points. Here's a good read about Tebow:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports-agent-tim-tebow-will-be-a-first-round-nfl-draft-pick

p.s. take a look at the notes re: the Bills #9 pick- I'd cut and paste but the site doesn't allow:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

JIjim1New Member
Apr 23, 2010, 06:01 AM

"rafael wrote:

Thank you. I actually think that when all is said and done that Tebow will be the second best QB to come out of this draft. This is not a popular opinion, but I find that changing a throwing motion that doesn't modify the release point is not that hard. All they did was change his loop to make his release quicker. I don't think he'll struggle with that under pressure. I also think people ignore how many NFL reads he has already had to do at UF.

I do think he'll struggle with the transition to under center, like most spread QBs. And that he'll struggle with passing on time. But in the end I see a guy who is similar to Vince Young. He's not as good of an athlete, but he's still a superior athlete. And he's a far better passer than Young. The big difference is that Tebow has a better football IQ and a better work ethic. I don't see him failing.

With Clausen, I see a guy with great preparation b/c he came from a pro-style system, but not much else. I don't see a great leader. I don't see great physical attributes. I don't see a great mind. I expect that he'll be a back-up NFL QB at best.

Well Rafael, we were right on both counts. It's good to be right.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 10:40 AM

"jim1 wrote:

Well Rafael, we were right on both counts. It's good to be right.

Thanks, but it will be a couple of years before it's determined how accurate my Tebow analysis is. I guess I was right about Tebow going in the first and Clausen dropping out of the first. I enjoy doing the player evaluations more than the mocking though so that's what I'm more focused on.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Apr 23, 2010, 05:30 PM

Great call on the Raiders pick