1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ideal Dolphins Draft [Post Yours]

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DearbornDolfan, Mar 25, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    My dream draft..

Because I have Eifert and Austin as equal value to my team it allows me to think hard about the trade down, plus their two players that the majority feels are later first round picks..for whatever reason, I have no idea, but ok...Pick up that extra 2nd, use it, or use as leverage to move up.

1.. Eifert or Austin..I exploit defenses and maximize the Wallace effect with both.

2a. Eddie Lacy

2b. Kyle Long

2c. Dj Hayden

3a.Cory Lemonier

3b.Tyronne Matthieu

4. Sharmarko Thomas

5. Brian Winters

5. Denard Robinson

7.Michael Williams...if Austin is my first pick.

7. Isi Sofele

If I take Eifert with my first, I swap out one of those 2nds for Swope.

2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    1. WR Tavon Austin
    2. FS Johnathan Cyprien
    2. CB Jordan Poyer
    3. TE Vance McDonald
    3. RB Andre Ellington
    4. DE Cornelius Washington
    5. DT Jordan Hill
    5. RB DJ Harper (if there are concussion concerns with Daniel Thomas I don't have a problem doubling up on backs)
    7. K Dustin Hopkins/Caleb Sturgis
    7. ILB Vince Williams
    7. SS Ray Ray Armstrong

MrClean likes this.
  3. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Love the Vance McDonald pick.. You think cyprien makes it that far? I've seen a loT of mocks him going in the first, I don't agree with it but I would love him to make it to 42

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    With a few other good safeties available, a lot of quality players to squeeze into the first 41 picks, and with little disparity in talent between 25-45 I think it's quite possible the small school Cyprien could be there at 42 out of sheer happenstance. Besides, I think it's more realistic to do a mock using some players who represent value rather than par for the pick since we'll likely be using BPA for many of our selections. McDonald & Ellington in the 3rd would represent value to me, so I'd pull the trigger on them. Ditto for Washington in the 4th & Hill in the 5th.

The drop off in talent between Trufant & Poyer is negligible IMO, which is why I'd take Austin 1st over Trufant and then swoop up the ballhawking Poyer 2nd.
    McDonald provides that physical element at TE and allows us to not have to extend Keller which helps us out cap-wise.
    Ellington is a great scheme fit and is already adept in the passing game. Nice replacement for Bush but with better natural rushing ability.
    IMO Washington has the underlying ability of a 1st round pass rusher and only needs to be coached up.
    Hill is one of the draft's better interior pressure guys.
    Harper could be a day 3 bargain and would do well in our zone scheme but needs to develop in pass pro and out of the backfield.

Would love to add in a 3rd/4th round guard to allow us to not need to re-sign Incognito but Ellington, McDonald, and Washington offer too much of an impact & upside for me to pass up. Ditto if Hill & Harper are there in the 5th.

Jcouch1021 likes this.