My impression: How Jeff Ireland makes decisions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Jan 7, 2013.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You must be too deluded to even remember such things :lol:

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Why are you projecting the behavior of fans outside of this board onto fans posting on this board? As far as I know, nobody here took part in those protests.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What does that have to do with anything? And FTr, you're only making the distinction now.

4. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    [​IMG]

5. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I think the problem with Ireland is he isn't the worst GM in the league, but isn't close to being the best and so he isn't able to put a team together like a Schneider or Newsome.

He is kind of like a Carson Palmer or Ryan Fitzpatrick where he does just enough to keep him around and hope this will be the year it all comes together, but never good enough to become an upper-echelon team.

Those are the most frustrating type of GMs (or players) imo because it keeps the team in a state of mediocrity for years. I think a team is often better off having a terrible GM because they are much quicker to move on.

Hiruma78 and Bpk like this.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Utah is not the midwest. At least in the minds of anyone who passed 3rd grade geography.

Stitches and ToddPhin like this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Ireland must know this is his LAST chance to keep his job... and as such, he will be in Win Now mode.

His self-preservation instinct will overpower his Parcells brainwashing.

Meaning... he will go for players who can have more IMMEDIATE impact. spend more money. Draft higher instead of trading back.

It may be Ireland's LEAST Parcellian off-season yet, if he hopes to save his goose.

Califin likes this.
  8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I stopped listening as soon as you changed your sig pic Mr C.

9. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I think we've seen the irrational side switch over the years because of the way the teams played for the last 10 or so seasons. The old Fiedler debates saw few on the hate him side and tons trying to believe so to speak.

Many Dolphins fans have grown tired of being average to mediocre. So they lean towards total change much quicker.

I've given Ireland his time. I do think he's done some good, and found some good nuggets here and there. Even though this last draft might have been his best, I just do not think he's done well enough in 5 seasons. I would have liked to see him replaced this year but it's obvious, he will not. So go Ireland! But he better get some playmakers and not just one or he will have tons more wanting his head. That might just include his boss...

MrClean likes this.
  10. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Is that Jeremy Piven?

11. MrClean

You don't like the current one? She's the hottest one of all I've had IMO.

12. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    It's stupid that a state in the middle of our country, Colorado, is considered "west."

Yes I understand why it's considered the West. Still stupid. :D

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Physically, I don't like chicks with abs, they remind me of chicks with di##s.

14. MrClean

Utah is further west than Colorado though. Any state west of the continental divide is not in the midwest. No one considers Utah the midwest. Other than maybe Padre, and a few others :shifty:

15. MrClean

LOL. I can understand why some men are intimidated by women being in better shape than they are. Never been a problem for me though. I think girls like this are sexy as hell.

16. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    It's not an intimidation thing. I wouldn't even consider being with a woman who wasn't in better shape than I am, but I like some softness. Grabbing an *** and having it feel like a knee isn't hot.

Stitches and Fin D like this.
  17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I don't mind them, just liked the smile on his old sig pic.

Another unsaid is, there is a LOT of BS about our cap situation.

Ireland usually carries a net positive balance that he never uses, ie, we carried a 5 million dollar surplus into 2013.

Why? How does that help us win games?

MrClean likes this.
  18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, liked the other ladies smile better, the high speed/low drag type tend to not do a whole lot for me.

Though she has nice symmetry

MrClean likes this.
  19. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yes. The movie is PCU. Even crazier is that the other guy is Jon Faverau.

20. MrClean

Has that ever happened to you? I like a fairly firm *** myself. I don't want to grab an *** that feels like jello either. The girl in my sig now is perfect from my point of view.

21. MrClean

I wonder how common that is around the league? Having some surplus isn't a bad idea, just in case you have a chance at a player with a fairly sizable contract. When we claimed Patterson, if we'd have been right up to the limit beforehand, maybe we'd have needed to cut someone to add him. I am pretty sure the players on IR count toward the cap.

22. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He has done this for the last 2 seasons, both 7-9 yrs, if push comes to shove in that situation you can carry the cost forward.

Basically, it amounts to an extra 5 million in Ross's pocket.

23. MrClean

Do you mean the one right before this current one? If so, I changed because I read an insulting comment about her, and since she is my friend, it may have led my to violate the TOS if I'd read anymore. Maybe I'll put another pic of her up and try again in the future though.

padre31 likes this.
  24. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sorry to hear that Mr C, she appeared to be a very friendly down to earth young lady, hate to hear someone was a jerk about it.