1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Kinda Kool-Aid (Critics need not click)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan1968, Jul 7, 2015.

1. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I'm down...not sure we, as he says, have the right coaches, but the rest I'm onboard with:

http://tinyurl.com/obhbs5y

When you're talkin' Miami Dolphins, you're talkin' Super Bowl!

Fin4Ever likes this.
  2. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Sorry, I tried but the link did not work for me ?

3. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Made it a tiny URL (one of the words was bleeped out).

Try now.

4. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Ok...thanks:up:

5. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I agree with you on "best coaches" ? Are they kidding lol...Well he has this year to do it..if not, Hire Lazor as our coach....but I would like a nice winning season...and it will help the coaches keep their jobs.

6. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    How does the writer not consider Baltimore to be a Huge threat in the AFC, not to mention Pitt as well.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Listen everyone......I cannot stress this enough......

One space in between sentences, not two. Two spaces was for typewriters. Typewriters' letters were monospaced. Computer fonts (non monospaced fonts which is 99.9% of the fonts) are created with proper spacing in between letters (called "kerning") built in. That proper spacing negates the need to double space after a sentence.

Also, hell yeah go Dolphins.

DolphinGreg likes this.
  8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

For grammar and proper academic writing there are rules.

BUT...

For IMPACT, there are none.

And hell yeah... GO PHINS!

9. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    What is wrong with two spaces after each sentence? I don't get it. It's something I've always been accustomed to doing, and was taught from early high school. I didn't know it bothers people.

Oh yeah, Go Phins!!

Edit. This site sucks. I put like 5-7 spaces after each sentence above for dramatic effect and it condensed everything! Dammit!

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The site fixed it because its doing the right thing.

[​IMG]
    In the image, you see the width of the metal is always the same even if the letters by nature of their shape take up varying amounts of space. Because of that, typewriters were what are called monospace. Each letter typed had the same amount of space from the width of the metal slug plus any extra space inherent in the shape of a letter (like "i" takes up less space than "o").

The computer, compensates for that extra space between different shaped letters. Because of that compensation, you don't use an extra space in between sentences because you don't need the extra visual break.

Case in point, you've been reading this site (and virtually any other magazine website, book, etc.) for how long, and you had no idea they weren't double spacing.

11. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I get it. I'm not arguing right or wrong. Was just poking some fun, but I was taught (post typewriter era) to double space in school. Guess I'm showing my age a bit. I was writing papers for high school on Word Perfect 6.0, the one with the all blue scren. SMH.

12. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Or how about those who don't use any space? That often happens, especially with certain Mods. wink/wink. ...Just messin'. :wink2:

How about the constant use of the double negative "I don't disagree" Not that it's necessarily wrong, but weird. Just say I agree. It's like you're leaving a back door open. It's like saying: "With that said" Which is really, now after that bulls--t, let me tell you how I really feel.

...Just messin' around. I don't really give a ----, but I am glad that I inevitably helped out a few people. :lol:

P. S. I love that Kool Aid!! Give me some more!! Go Phins!!!!!!