1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mock(ery) 1.0

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Gunner, Feb 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Since everyone else is throwing some pointless, yet enjoyable mocks to read, I figured I'd waste my time and throw a couple of 4 round scenario's together:

First Scenario

Picking straight up with no trades:

1st - DE/LB Brandon Graham

I tend to agree with those people that say that neither LB McClain or WR Bryant will still be on the board so we get a very good player that will have an instant impact on the outside.

2nd - WR Taylor Price

This kid has speed to burn & his performance during Senior Bowl week really improved his stock. Paired with Ginn, he could give Henne a dual vertical threat to keep the safeties out of the box & enhance our power running game.

3rd - DE/LB Jason Worilds

Ever since I saw the videos & read the reports on this guy here at ThePhins.com & @ UD, I would be severally pleased if he ended up on our team. Imagine him & Graham lined up on the outsides to open next season :up:

4th - LB Roddrick Muckelroy

While watching some of the S/B practices & the game, I came away with the feeling that Muck was an ILB playing out of position. I think he could give us a solid player next to Crowder if we aren't able to fill this need via Free Agency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scenario #2

Trade: Miami trades down in the first round with (gulp!) the Patriots. We pick up their #22 over all & the #42 (from Jags) - for our #12. (I'd rape 'em for more, but we never seem to pull off those kinds of deals) :pity:

1(22) - LB Brandon Spikes

While there remain some concerns he could disappoint at the Combine, taking Spikes here is not that much of a reach, if at all, and fills a need. If his combine is as poor as some scouts suspect, you could flip flop my 1st two picks in this scenario & take Cody or Odrick here.

2(42) - DT Mount Cody

While I prefer Odrick, I doubt he makes in out of the bottom of round 1. Getting Cody, man-boobs & all here is really good value. It will help ease the loss of Fergy if he fails to return & give Solai a run(hopefully with his shirt on) for the starting job.

2(43) - WR Taylor Price

I still like him here, see above explanation why.

3 - LB Jason Worilds

See pick above - am I starting a theme here? :yes:

TE Colin Peek or Dennis Pitta

Take your pick. Depending on who you read and/or believe, they both are rated as 4thish round prospects so arguable represent solid value at this point.

OK, be gentle with your poopaaahhing my mock! :shifty:

mason likes this.
  2. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I like Taylor Price but i think D. Thomas out of GT would be a better pick in the second round

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Thomas is years away from impacting enough in the NFL to be worthy of our 2nd round pick.

First he has to put on diapers..... then training wheels..... and by the time he gets his big boy bike, hopefully his initial contract wont have expired. :shifty: